10 coaches who will get interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 coaches who will get interest

If anyone has an ESPN insider account could you give a rundown on the story by ******* on the 10 coaches who will get interest?

I find it funny that ******* has Coach Marshall as the #1 coach will will get "interest from other programs." I just don't see how he can be number one if Coach Marshall is so unlikeable. (Per his Dan Patrick Show comments)

I don't know Dan, do I make you uncomfortable? :triumphant:

Comment

Originally posted by Fairgame View Post
      If anyone has an ESPN insider account could you give a rundown on the story by ******* on the 10 coaches who will get interest?

I find it funny that ******* has Coach Marshall as the #1 coach will will get "interest from other programs." I just don't see how he can be number one if Coach Marshall is so unlikeable. (Per his Dan Patrick Show comments)
      I cannot find the story.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

1. Gregg Marshall, Wichita State Shockers
        2. Chris Mack, Xavier Musketeers
        3. Steve Masiello, Manhattan Jaspers
        4. Danny Hurley, Rhode Island Rams
        5. Leon Rice, Boise State Broncos
        6. Chris Holtmann, Butler Bulldogs
        7. Bryce Drew, Valparaiso Crusaders
        8. Jerod Haase, UAB Blazers
        9. LeVelle Moton, North Carolina Central Eagles
        10. Russell Turner, UC Irvine Anteaters
        Last edited by _kai_; July 17, 2015, 03:05 PM. Reason: please don't copy/paste entire subscription articles

Comment

Does anyone have any idea what Gregg's buyout would be? If its just the remainder of the contract after this year , it would be like 20 million. Not many schools can afford that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Does anyone have any idea what Gregg's buyout would be? If its just the remainder of the contract after this year , it would be like 20 million. Not many schools can afford that.
            The buyout is never that much. Only WSU would have to pay that if they fired him. I would guess it's a few hundred grand.

Comment

******* apparently neglected to interview Mrs. Coach #1 for his piece, or Maggie.

Comment

Anyone who puts LeVelle Moton at 9th on their prospective hire list doesn't deserve to be an AD.

I also find it interesting that there aren't any good coaches in the P5 conferences, according to this writer.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  The buyout is never that much. Only WSU would have to pay that if they fired him. I would guess it's a few hundred grand.
                  I've seen stories about other big name coaches that they would have to pay pretty hefty buyouts to leave before the contract is up.

Comment

No Archie Miller?

Comment

Stupid lists/column. Guarantee you maybe 1 out of his 10 make the jump. Slow times for a Bball writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                        Guarantee you maybe
                        Brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
                          No Archie Miller?
                          That was my first thought.

Comment

ESPN did a completely separate article on Archie Miller stating that he is currently the most sought after rising coach in the country. I think *******'s article shows the next 10 in line behind Archie.

Comment

Marshall would be a hot prospect...

...to any of the 7 or 8 programs out there paying more than he already makes at WSU.

What that means is that Marshall is a top candidate mostly for a handful of programs that might be losing a coach to the NBA, or a HOF-er to retirement. Not much else, save Indiana. And even at that, it will require an athletic director and booster base that can see through Marshall's PR prickliness, which is to say that factor probably kills off a reasonable number of those potential suitors. You'll only need one hand to count them all, let's just put it that way.

Next year during the coaching carousel there will be a lot of fan forum posters across the land heartbroken whenever the first of their brood does an internet search for "leading candidate" Gregg Marshall's current compensation package, and delivers that news to their masses. Just ask Iowa State fans.
                              Last edited by SHOCKvalue; July 17, 2015, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X