No announcement yet.

10 coaches who will get interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain Obvious is right about this much: these are definitely slow times for a basketball writer unless your beat is primarily recruiting. So it's necessary to find something -- anything -- to justify getting paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Anyone who puts LeVelle Moton at 9th on their prospective hire list doesn't deserve to be an AD.

I also find it interesting that there aren't any good coaches in the P5 conferences, according to this writer.
      This! and This!

Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
      No Archie Miller?
      First coach that came to my mind that was left off.

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
      Stupid lists/column.
      First, I seriously doubt that Marshall would be competing with any of these other 9 coaches (maybe Mack) for a new gig and, second, of the job(s) Marshall would consider, none of his coaching competitors are in that list.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
        ESPN did a completely separate article on Archie Miller stating that he is currently the most sought after rising coach in the country. I think *******'s article shows the next 10 in line behind Archie.
        So, what schools did ESPN list and then I can tell you if Marshall is behind Archie. :playful:

Comment

Has Butler really fallen that far that a coach that nobody's heard of would be looking for a better gig so quick?
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
            Has Butler really fallen that far that a coach that nobody's heard of would be looking for a better gig so quick?
            Well, they are in the Big East now, so maybe.

Comment

Just going to reiterate that it's not ok to copy/paste entire articles from a website that has an article behind a paywall. If you'd like to give a summary, or recreate a list without excerpts like I just edited the post, that's fine.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                Just going to reiterate that it's not ok to copy/paste entire articles from a website that has an article behind a paywall. If you'd like to give a summary, or recreate a list without excerpts like I just edited the post, that's fine.
                My bad, didn't even think of that but makes sense.

Comment

Interesting to note that the bidding for the #1 coach on that list starts somewhere north of $4.5 mill. $4.2 wasn't enough last year.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    Interesting to note that the bidding for the #1 coach on that list starts somewhere north of $4.5 mill. $4.2 wasn't enough last year.
                    4.2 wasn't enough to get #1 to Alabama. That doesn't mean 4.2 is the number all universities have to beat.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      4.2 wasn't enough to get #1 to Alabama. That doesn't mean 4.2 is the number all universities have to beat.
                      That was also when #1 was getting 1.75 or so from his school. He now gets 3.3. I would bet that his number is now AT LEAST 4...maybe 4.5.

Of course, at this point, it isn't about money. IF Gregg would leave, it would be for a program that you don't turn down (UK, UNC, Duke).
                      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        I've seen stories about other big name coaches that they would have to pay pretty hefty buyouts to leave before the contract is up.
                        Marshall is not one of them.

Comment

Jeff *******, you suck.

Comment

Comment

Top ten "journalists" whose articles will get no interest:
                              1. Jeff *******

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                                Top ten "journalists" whose articles will get no interest:
                                1. Jeff *******
                                2. Jeff *******
                                3. Jeff *******
                                4. Jeff *******
                                5. Jeff *******
                                6. Jeff *******
                                7. Jeff *******
                                8. Jeff *******
                                9. Jeff *******
                                10. Jeff *******
                                FIFY
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X