Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delly vs Evan-Who Wins a Loose Ball Battle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
    I just re-watched the WSU-KU game last night and I don't think it matters if Evan averages 8-10 pts but I wouldn't bet against it. Regardless of scoring, his presence on the court and team will be priceless. He just plain out-hustled everybody on the other side of the court and I'm pretty sure his example had a huge influence on young Mr. Brown who decided to show a certain One-and-Done what hustling will do for a championship-caliber team.
    I have watched the Mr. Brown play too many times to count and still hasn't got old. I sure hope it is an indicator of what we will see all season.

Comment

Evan understands just as Fred and Ron do that it takes more than just statistics to be a "winner". It takes BB intelligence, humility, extreme hustle, team defense, and a true understanding of "team play" (unselfishness) both offensively and defensively. Z Brown has an incredibly high ceiling before he completes his Shocker career. If Zach continues to grasp these winning concepts mentioned above, and adds the transition/addition to his game from a jump shooter to a rim attacker, he could be a Shocker great too just like Fred and Ron. But make no mistake about it, Playing Angry goes much farther than a box score.

Edit: Even Gene Smithson's teams who had as much talent as anyone in the country didn't operate as a "team" and didn't understand unselfishness as much as Ggg's teams do. Don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying that Gene's teams were selfish (look at Randy for example), but they weren't at the level as the Shockers are now (regarding unselfishness and team play). We do it better than anyone else in the country imo.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        Evan understands just as Fred and Ron do that it takes more than just statistics to be a "winner". It takes BB intelligence, humility, extreme hustle, team defense, and a true understanding of "team play" (unselfishness) both offensively and defensively. Z Brown has an incredibly high ceiling before he completes his Shocker career. If Zach continues to grasp these winning concepts mentioned above, and adds the transition/addition to his game from a jump shooter to a rim attacker, he could be a Shocker great too just like Fred and Ron. But make no mistake about it, Playing Angry goes much farther than a box score.

Edit: Even Gene Smithson's teams who had as much talent as anyone in the country didn't operate as a "team" and didn't understand unselfishness as much as Ggg's teams do. Don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying that Gene's teams were selfish (look at Randy for example), but they weren't at the level as the Shockers are now (regarding unselfishness and team play). We do it better than anyone else in the country imo.
        This is a great observation that I would echo. I believe it's this philosophy that will get 3G his first NC before Calipari gets his second. Gregg's teams are unselfish and are built around "team first." Calipari has made no bones about stating his goal for each season is to have 8 to 10 players drafted by the NBA. I'm sure that's highly motivating for just about any prospective college BB player, especially the 5* talent. But teams aren't drafted in the NBA, individuals are. We've seen what 3G's teams have done against that level of competition and I'd say with a bounce here or there, his success might be just a tad bit greater than it already is.

Comment

Nice job of giving us something to talk about during the offseason, or more succinctly, smooth move Shoxlax.

I don't know who would win the battle diving for a loose ball, but I know this - Cleveland's success against Golden State (btw, Golden is not a state in case you didn't know), was due almost entirely to the fact that the Cavs were controlling the pace of the game and slooooowwwing it down. And Delly screwed that up last night, he got all excited after they jumped out 7-0 and completely lost his discipline. He was speeding it up, dribbling down and jacking up shots, I couldn't figure out what he was doing. Say this for Evan, he wouldn't lose his cool like that and forget the main strategery of the game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
            I have watched the Mr. Brown play too many times to count and still hasn't got old. I sure hope it is an indicator of what we will see all season.
            Speaking of which....I wore out a couple of VHS tapes (X running off a Gene Smithson pick to drop a Tulsa player comes to mind as an example) rewinding and watching over and over a particular highlight.

Is is possible to do the same damage to a digital recording today?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen off air.

Comment

Working...
            X