Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delly vs Evan-Who Wins a Loose Ball Battle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Angry Shocker vs. a Kangaroo Mate....I'll take an Angry Shocker and raise you one dehydration.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Before the Finals, I was just hoping for a good series.

Now with Kyrie out, to go along with K-Love, I find myself rooting for LeBron to put Clevland on his back and break through that championship curse on that city.

Would be a great story. Prodigal son returns. Wins title virtually on his own (and Delly, of course). Breaks Clevland curse.
      The Assman

Comment

I'm hoping it proves an effort & defense performance proves there is a spot for Tekele in the NBA.
        Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
          dellavadova scored 20 points last night.

i will **** in my flat-hat if wessell ever scores 16 points in a game, even against a team, like, say, drake at koch arena.

but marshall wants the hustle numbers. i cant blame him.. of course. 'still nice to know that wichita state is seriously upgrading their talent level. the next wessell type (shamet) might actually get you 20 points in a game.
          Wessell just wins. I like a guy like him on my team competing everyday. I don't care how many points he makes in a game. He makes everyone on the team better.

Comment

And with the last pick of the first round, the Cavs select... Hjeidjdjdndndn ThdjckcnndjdkzlNs from BFEstan
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Delly is a dirty player. As someone who watched him play quite a bit, he is dirty.
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                dellavadova scored 20 points last night.

i will **** in my flat-hat if wessell ever scores 16 points in a game, even against a team, like, say, drake at koch arena.

but marshall wants the hustle numbers. i cant blame him.. of course. 'still nice to know that wichita state is seriously upgrading their talent level. the next wessell type (shamet) might actually get you 20 points in a game.
                Let's see...

NBA playing time 48 minutes

College playing time 40 minutes

Dellavadova had 8 minutes longer to score 20 pts

After scoring 12 pts vs KU, Evan will get over 20 pts this year in a game.

So get that flat-hat ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                  Delly is a dirty player. As someone who watched him play quite a bit, he is dirty.
                  I completely agree with this statement, but in NBA circles, they refer to it as "tough, hard nosed, gritty".
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Has everyone forgotten Evan's total in the St. Louis game? Maybe why Another Shocker picked the number 16 in his post.

Comment

I may be out on an island, but I think Evan is going to average 8-10 this year. He is about to bloom.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                        I may be out on an island, but I think Evan is going to average 8-10 this year. He is about to bloom.
                        I just re-watched the WSU-KU game last night and I don't think it matters if Evan averages 8-10 pts but I wouldn't bet against it. Regardless of scoring, his presence on the court and team will be priceless. He just plain out-hustled everybody on the other side of the court and I'm pretty sure his example had a huge influence on young Mr. Brown who decided to show a certain One-and-Done what hustling will do for a championship-caliber team.

Comment

I'm shocked by how much I enjoy this series. I like the Cavs without Irving so much better than with him. The effort level is so much beyond what I've seen from other NBA teams ... it's like watching our Shockers. With Lebron James.

And then on the other hand watching Curry is like watching a guy playing NBA Live with some cheat on that lets him never miss a shot.
                          Originally posted by BleacherReport
                          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

The whole Cleveland curse thing would make their winning a great story. However, my cursory glance seems to show I'm in the minority around here by pulling for Golden State. They haven't won a championship in 40 years, and I find them more likable, personally. Also, I've actually been to a Golden State Warriors game, and do not care for LeBron James.
                            Last edited by ShockerEngineer; June 11, 2015, 03:50 PM. Reason: Fat fingered a backspace

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Still not a fan of the NBA, but the Warriors are fun to watch, and while I am not a fan of King James, he's been incredible and like someone else said earlier, the Cavs as a team have been playing very, very angry.

Excellent series thus fair and a high entertainment value.
                              LeBron seems like he has grown a lot as a leader and its pretty fun to watch
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                                The whole Cleveland curse thing would make their winning a great story. However, my cursory glance seems to show I'm in the minority around here by pulling for Golden State. They haven't won a championship in 40 years, and I find them more likable, personally. Also, I've actually been to a Golden State Warriors game, and do not care for LeBron James.
                                I'm good with either team winning, but the Golden State 40 years thing gets too much traction, when Cleveland hasn't won a championship in ANY sport in 51 years.

The "40 years" statistic gets talked about more, which just seems illogical.
                                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                                X