Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State basketball newcomers adjust to surroundings to start summer

Great stuff: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...e23133987.html

Lots of positives to fuel the fire over the summer.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

That was a little bit of what I need to keep me going. I have a really good feeling about Hamilton.

Oh and apparently Bush has visa issues getting back here from Kenya. Maybe his thread has an outside shot at 7 years and 4000 posts long too :)

Comment

Comment

Saw Simon, Zachary bush, and other guys at Texas Roadhouse yesterday just hanging out lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
          And yet, another well spoken young man.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post

Oh and apparently Bush has visa issues getting back here from Kenya. Maybe his thread has an outside shot at 7 years and 4000 posts long too :)
            I hope he makes it back, but if I had to pick just one foreign seven footer...
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I knew Shamet was well spoken and articulate, but I hadn't heard Taylor until his interview in that story. I was impressed with both.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

High praise for Sunrise from Hamilton.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Both guys are obviously well-spoken, but especially for Tyrone, I was very impressed with their basketball knowledge. Tyrone talked about LeBron and explained very coherently the different parts of LeBron's overall abilities that he liked. I love guys with high basketball IQs.
                  78-65

Comment

Nice.

Comment

“Intense,” Grady said. “I like it a lot.”

“Last year, I wasn’t ready. Now I know for a fact that I can compete with anybody on this team. That’s my daily approach.” - Hamilton

These are the types of player's Marshall is attracting. The type that see the hard work required as a positive when they consider WSU. This year will be special for a lot of reasons, but the joy-ride isn't ending for a while with Marshall at the helm.

Also, 6'9" 229 and springy with a prep year and a summer of practice already? Yahtzee.

Comment

I hope that they can get a summer trip put together. The games and extra practice would be very beneficial.
                        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                          I hope that they can get a summer trip put together. The games and extra practice would be very beneficial.
                          I'm starting to have some mixed emotions about this. I would love to see it for last year and this year's newcomers to get some extra practice and game time. That being said, between that and Pan Am tryouts (not to mention if they make the team), 3G may think of it as more than he wants to put RB and FVV through before they make their last run at a NC. He may also think that the extra practices and games would be more beneficial next year, after his coaches on the floor are no longer eligible.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                            I'm starting to have some mixed emotions about this. I would love to see it for last year and this year's newcomers to get some extra practice and game time. That being said, between that and Pan Am tryouts (not to mention if they make the team), 3G may think of it as more than he wants to put RB and FVV through before they make their last run at a NC. He may also think that the extra practices and games would be more beneficial next year, after his coaches on the floor are no longer eligible.
                            Valid points that I had not previously considered.
                            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

If we get a summer trip, you'll see Fred, Ron and Evan on the beach like about a million times more than on the floor. Gregg knows what he's doing and he's not going to put 1 extra mile on those guys legs. It will be a total vacation for those 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X