The Train Keeps Rollin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    That would be fine. I just don't get being enamored with a tall lineup. I think that mismatches are fine. There are quite a number of fans who put players in boxes. With the way we play, wings can play 2,3, and 4 positions. At Notre Dame, this year, they had a wing that played Center (although he was 6'10, Notre Dame wasn't tall but they had a fun lineup and they were real good.

Do you want a real good starting five or a tall starting five?
    I just don't think it is a coincidence that the teams with the best big men made the final four; Duke with Okafor, Wisconsin with Kaminsky, Kentucky with Towns and Caulie-Stein.

Comment

The only person I really inserted in the lineup because of his height was Wamakota. I think having a a lengthy rim protector would make our already great defensive better. I love Wessels intangibles and hustle, but I think Brown is the supierior athlete and just overall better player. He just happens go be taller too. I like Mcduffie at the 4 because he's that athletic stretch 4 we had in Cle. At 6'8" (or whatever his actual height is since no one really knows lol) there are other options just as tall as him at the 4. I just think his athleticism and mismatch he creates would be the best thing for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
        Not sure if you have ever heard the song Crescent City Blues. This was a song written by Gordon Jenkins and released in 1953. The Man in Black took the melody and many of the lyrics from this song and incorporated them into Folsom Prison Blues. Gordon Jenkins did not receive any credit when Sun Records released Folsom in 1955. However, in the early 70's Cash paid Jenkins $75,000 to settle a lawsuit over this. Sounds like Johnny my have got quite a deal there.

Maybe we should start a useless trivia thread in the off-topic section. I guess it was either that Johnny would have to go for Folsom Prison from more than just a concert.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 15, 2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I'm expecting to see some good stuff from Eric Hamilton next year and much more in future years.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
            I'm expecting to see some good stuff from Eric Hamilton next year and much more in future years.
            I like it! Dude has a huge ceiling, just like Markis McDuffie!
            Livin the dream

Comment

Yes they both do. Markis more on the perimeter and Eric is going to be tough on the inside with a mid range shot.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
              X