No announcement yet.

Corey Henderson Transferring???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's forget for a minute that it would just be the wrong thing to do to pull Ron and Evan's scholarships, even if they agreed with it. Those young men have help to make Wichita State a household name and the very least we can do is give them the respect the deserve in the form of a scholarship if they choose to continue there careers at Wichita State for another year.

But think about how doing such a thing would play in the recruiting battles. I can hear the pitches from the other coach's to recruits - "You know that Wichita State might very well want you to pay your way during your final year of eligibility even if you have been a key component of a successful team. You need to think about that".

Thankfully, I'm not worried about Coach Marshall doing anything that silly.

Comment

• This is turning into an absolute stupid thread. Baker and Wessel are going to be on scholarship if they decide to play their 5th years. Corey Henderson is transferring. Back to topic at hand.

Comment

• Any news on where Corey is headed?
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
            Any news on where Corey is headed?
            Who else was recruiting him out of high school?

Here is Corey's thread from the recruiting forum.

My guess is he will have some options.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Yes, folks with means do that. Ron Baker's family certainly would not seem to fit that mold. Evan's dad lives in a very modest 2 bedroom bungalow on 51st Street and is certainly not in deep pocket territory by any means. To ask or expect these working class people or their kids to make that kind of sacrifice would simply be wrong, wrong, wrong. Besides Ron and his family have already made a significant sacrifice for Ron to attend Wichita State.

Ron and Evan can make chunky contributions to their alma mater if and when life blesses them with the resources to do so.

Yet, you wonder if 3G might give JRS a scholarship. JRS's family does have money. The Champions Club at Koch Arena is named after his grandparents for example. Now that indicates some deep pockets. BTW, JRS's grandparents are great people and great supporters of Wichita State athletics and academics.

The Bakers, the Wessels, the Simons/Kouris are all great Shockers each in their own way and Wichita State owes all them as much or more than they owe to Wichita State IMHO.
              I did not say that the players should make a gift. I did not say that WSU should ask for a gift. I merely said that a player may decide to make a gift.

To ask for a gift from a player or his family would be rather trashy and extreme poor manners.

Context is always important.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Let's forget for a minute that it would just be the wrong thing to do to pull Ron and Evan's scholarships, even if they agreed with it. Those young men have help to make Wichita State a household name and the very least we can do is give them the respect the deserve in the form of a scholarship if they choose to continue there careers at Wichita State for another year.

But think about how doing such a thing would play in the recruiting battles. I can hear the pitches from the other coach's to recruits - "You know that Wichita State might very well want you to pay your way during your final year of eligibility even if you have been a key component of a successful team. You need to think about that".

Thankfully, I'm not worried about Coach Marshall doing anything that silly.
                Who suggested that Wessel's and Baker's scholarship should be rescinded?
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Has the shocker staff made any announcement concerning Henderson transferring. I haven't heard anything. Just from his pops.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Yes! 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
                      Has the shocker staff made any announcement concerning Henderson transferring. I haven't heard anything. Just from his pops.
                      I expect that on the 27th
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• I think Corey made a preemptive decision. I believe Ri'an, Tevin, and possibly Nurger are waiting to see what shakes up.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• @JoshuaParrott: Ex-Wichita State G Corey Henderson Jr signs w/ Blinn College
                          1.9 PPG/6.8 MPG as 6-2 FR
                          14 PPG/8 APG as 3-star SR @ Episcopal School ofDallas
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                            @JoshuaParrott: Ex-Wichita State G Corey Henderson Jr signs w/ Blinn College
                            Good for him. I hope he can put together a good sophomore season and get some solid D1 offers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                              Yes! 100%.
                              My whole world has been turned upside down. I didn't realize until just now that all these years the Fonz was a fraud. He barely jumped over the edge of that shark net! Say it ain't so!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                                @JoshuaParrott: Ex-Wichita State G Corey Henderson Jr signs w/ Blinn College
                                I like Corey and wish him the best. Would love to see him playing D1 ball again after next year.
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X