Corey Henderson Transferring???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
    I 100% disagree. But of course I have dyslexia.
    You mean aixelsyd?

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
      You mean aixelsyd?
      All I know is I wiped before I pooped this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        All I know is I wiped before I pooped this morning.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
          Because they all have shown they deserve to have one
          It is unquestioned that they deserve a scholarship.

A player does have the option to refuse a scholarship and elect to pay his own school expenses. While it is unlikely to occur, it is still a remote possibility. Folks make chunky contributions to their alma mater all the time.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
            Folks make chunky contributions to their alma mater all the time.
            Yes, folks with means do that. Ron Baker's family certainly would not seem to fit that mold. Evan's dad lives in a very modest 2 bedroom bungalow on 51st Street and is certainly not in deep pocket territory by any means. To ask or expect these working class people or their kids to make that kind of sacrifice would simply be wrong, wrong, wrong. Besides Ron and his family have already made a significant sacrifice for Ron to attend Wichita State.

Ron and Evan can make chunky contributions to their alma mater if and when life blesses them with the resources to do so.

Yet, you wonder if 3G might give JRS a scholarship. JRS's family does have money. The Champions Club at Koch Arena is named after his grandparents for example. Now that indicates some deep pockets. BTW, JRS's grandparents are great people and great supporters of Wichita State athletics and academics.

The Bakers, the Wessels, the Simons/Kouris are all great Shockers each in their own way and Wichita State owes all them as much or more than they owe to Wichita State IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Yes, folks with means do that. Ron Baker's family certainly would not seem to fit that mold. Evan's dad lives in a very modest 2 bedroom bungalow on 51st Street and is certainly not in deep pocket territory by any means. To ask or expect these working class people or their kids to make that kind of sacrifice would simply be wrong, wrong, wrong. Besides Ron and his family have already made a significant sacrifice for Ron to attend Wichita State.

Ron and Evan can make chunky contributions to their alma mater if and when life blesses them with the resources to do so.

Yet, you wonder if 3G might give JRS a scholarship. JRS's family does have money. The Champions Club at Koch Arena is named after his grandparents for example. Now that indicates some deep pockets. BTW, JRS's grandparents are great people and great supporters of Wichita State athletics and academics.

The Bakers, the Wessels, the Simons/Kouris are all great Shockers each in their own way and Wichita State owes all them as much or more than they owe to Wichita State IMHO.
              Well stated @1972Shocker:!
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                Well stated @1972Shocker:!
                @1972Shocker: has a way of doing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  A kid transferring from blue blood Kansas to walk-on at in-state red-headed stepchild Wichita State.

Interesting.
                  I'm not sure why so many people keep going back and highlighting this, almost to a point where they don't trust Frankcamp.. The page has been turned.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    My opinions only:

1. Yes
                    2. I hope not but I think so.
                    3. No
                    4. No
                    5, Conner will NOT be on scholarship in 15-16.

JRS is never going to be on athletic scholarship at WSU, no matter what HCGM would want to do.

We aren't done recruiting, so there will be at least 2 more subtractions from the current roster.
                    Quit being modest doc, they might be your opinions but u will be batting 1.000 with your entire post.
                    Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

I agree with what your saying for sure... but they could potentially take a loan to cover the last year if needed, you know like a large majority of college students do.

I also understand they have given a great deal to the school, community, fans, and WSU in general. WSU has given a lot back to all the players... between school, travel, lodging, and all the amenities that come along with being a scholarship athelete.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                        I agree with what your saying for sure... but they could potentially take a loan to cover the last year if needed, you know like a large majority of college students do.
                        Again, SMH.

Comment

I also understand they have given a great deal to the school, community, fans, and WSU in general. WSU has given a lot back to all the players... between school, travel, lodging, and all the amenities that come along with being a scholarship athelete.
                          Those that take out loans also that the opportunity to work a full or part time job. Give me a break with this stuff! I tell you what, why don't you give $7000 to a random student.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Just to play Devil's Advocate, but I wouldn't expect RB's or EW's parents to fork over tuition out of their own pocket. Isn't that what school loans/financial aid is for?

With that said, I'm sure GM will work his magic as always. He'll get it all squared away.

Comment

They may consider a loan if you commit to pay for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                                Just to play Devil's Advocate, but I wouldn't expect RB's or EW's parents to fork over tuition out of their own pocket. Isn't that what school loans/financial aid is for?

With that said, I'm sure GM will work his magic as always. He'll get it all squared away.
                                I wasn't aware those loans did not have to be repaid.

Comment

Working...
                                X