Corey Henderson Transferring???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
    It has been stated that academic scholarships in lieu of athletic scholarships are not permitted by the NCAA. I have been researching the web to confirm this assertion.

Firstly, the NCAA website is a nightmare of bureaucracy. I could not confirm the assertion, but it is implied.

From this website, http://www.athleticscholarships.net/...holarships.htm, I found the following reading:

Grades Matter

Because of the way the recruiting process works, college coaches have a limited number of scholarships they can offer. A coach will work with prospective student athletes and the financial aid office to first determine if a student is eligible for financial aid. If a student qualifies, the amount of the scholarship decreases, leaving more money for scholarships for other students.
    Another factor that plays a role in this occurs when students are eligible for academic scholarships. If a student athlete can earn an academic scholarship, the coach again does not need to offer an athletic scholarship, leaving more money for other students. This can only happen when a student has good grades, and this is one key reason why grades matter.
    To qualify for academic scholarships, a student generally must have a 3.5 GPA or higher, 25 ACT score or higher, 1200 SAT score or higher, and must rank within the top 10 percent of the class. Every college or university may have different requirements — these are approximates.

I could not find more specific information about academic in lieu of athletic scholarships.
    I could be wrong, but I seem to remember KU having a walkon about 10 years ago that had an academic scholarship. Moody I think it was.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Sorry to see Corey leave but he kinda seem to have sealed his fate there toward the end of the season with his very un-Fred like point guard skills. I had high hopes for the kid but I think his talent just wasn't quite up to the talent level this program now attracts.

I still think Rian's days are numbered. CF's presence with the new crop coming in doesn't bode well for Holland's playing time.

Comment

• Wrong board. Deleted.

Comment

• I think Holland will get less playing time next year than he did this year. So, unless he wants to only play during mop up duty, he should probably consider transferring. And he's probably already been given the different scenarios. I think most players who go to a school want to play as much as possible.

Comment

• The early signing period does start next Wednesday, April 15th. But it does run through May 20th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              Why?
              Because they all have shown they deserve to have one

Comment

• Originally posted by shelback View Post
                Baker, Wessell, and Frankamp will all be on scholarship and you can mark that one done.
                Baker and Wessell will be on scholarship if they do indeed return for their final year of eligibility. Why @Ricardo del Rio asks. Because they have EARNED their scholarships, they DESERVE their scholarships and it would simply be WRONG to ask them to even consider paying their own way. That said it is still a possibility that one or both won't be back next year although my expectation is that they both will return. But I wouldn't consider that to be a done deal at this point.

As far as Frankamp is concerned my GUESS is that he was told he would have a scholarship if, and only if, one is available at the beginning of the 2015 fall semester. Otherwise he will have to pay his own way. I don't think Frankamp being on scholarship is even close to a done deal at this point unless you have some evidence to the contrary.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 11, 2015, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• This I know as a factual. Call it insider knowledge, call it me talking out of my ass, believe me or not, but a fact it remains. Conner Frankamp is walking on next season. He knew it coming in that he would walk on this season with a chance to earn his place among the 13, which he promptly screwed up, delaying his scholarship for another season. He will walk on for 2 seasons and hopefully earn a scholarship for the next 2. He isn't given one for being godConnergod. We didn't go to him, he came to us. He will earn it like every other player on this team. As a very wise man once said, "Nobody in this organization was born with a silver spoon in their mouth." There are no free lunches; everybody packs a pail or packs their bags.
                  Last edited by shock; April 11, 2015, 11:17 PM.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                  Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Just call it factual @shock:.

Comment

• A kid transferring from blue blood Kansas to walk-on at in-state red-headed stepchild Wichita State.

Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                        This I know as a fact. Call it insider knowledge, call it me talking out of my ass, believe me or not, but a fact it remains. Conner Frankamp is walking on next season. He knew it coming in that he would walk on this season with a chance to earn his place among the 13, which he promptly screwed up, delaying his scholarship for another season. He will walk on for 2 seasons and hopefully earn a scholarship for the next 2. He isn't given one for being godConnergod. We didn't go to him, he came to us. He will earn it like every other player on this team. As a very wise man once said, "Nobody in this organization was born with a silver spoon in their mouth." There are no free lunches; everybody packs a pail or packs their bags.
                        Those critics who said that there were not any consequences for Conner's transgressions are wrong?

Comment

This I know as a fact. Call it insider knowledge, call it me talking out of my ass, believe me or not, but a fact it remains. Conner Frankamp is walking on next season. He knew it coming in that he would walk on this season with a chance to earn his place among the 13, which he promptly screwed up, delaying his scholarship for another season. He will walk on for 2 seasons and hopefully earn a scholarship for the next 2. He isn't given one for being godConnergod. We didn't go to him, he came to us. He will earn it like every other player on this team. As a very wise man once said, "Nobody in this organization was born with a silver spoon in their mouth." There are no free lunches; everybody packs a pail or packs their bags.
                          actually have heard the same thing
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Good stuff.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Just call it factual @shock:.
                              Fixed
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                Those critics who said that there were not any consequences for Conner's transgressions are wrong?
                                There are consequences for every action, right or wrong. it wasn't a slap on the wrist, but it also wasn't the death penalty.

Comment

Working...
                                X