Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
      We have 3 Kansas kids who could possibly pay their way don't we? Baker, Wessel & Frankamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        On that note: How great would an announcement be from Ron that he is coming back ... AND paying his own way as a Walk On :)
        Good heavens. This is the sort of goofball offseason fantasizing that makes me wish someone would get up a call-in show and let Ron and Dennis start talking personnel moves.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
          Good heavens. This is the sort of goofball offseason fantasizing that makes me wish someone would get up a call-in show and let Ron and Dennis start talking personnel moves.
          Marshall get paid a lot to run this program. If he oversigned kids, he had to clean up the mess. You don't ask the producers to give up scholarahips, you get rid of the non-producers.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Baker is NOT gonna pay his own way. Get serious.
            Nor should he have to...or ever asked to...scholarships are earned and show a sign of endearment of ones skill set.... ThOse 10-13 guys on the bench are the ones who have to have a reality check and see whether it's best to keep their opportunIty or move on

Comment

Baker already paid his way one year to be a part of this program. Anybody thinking he will pay another is dillusional.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

So with Henderson leaving where do we sit with scholarships? 1 over? Frankcamp is not paying is own way. He's a top 50 recruit. He will be under scholarship

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                  So with Henderson leaving where do we sit with scholarships? 1 over? Frankcamp is not paying is own way. He's a top 50 recruit. He will be under scholarship
                  Except because of his transgressions i could see him paying his own way as penance. But you are right that we are one over if you don't count Connor.
                  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                    Except because of his transgressions i could see him paying his own way as penance. But you are right that we are one over if you don't count Connor.
                    He might be paying his own way, but until we know one way or the other we should probably assume he will be on scholarship leaving us 2 over.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• I'm speculating that the roster isn't set yet and a couple or so Shockers will still be leaving. Where Corey's dad has some connections and are probably taking charge of his options for a landing place, our coaching staff may be helping others who want to leave find a destination that they feel comfortable with details coming later.

Comment

• So we are 2 over then. I would be extremely surprised if Connor wasn't on scholarship. Even with the DUI

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                          So we are 2 over then. I would be extremely surprised if Connor wasn't on scholarship. Even with the DUI
                          I would not be surprised at all if Connor paid his way next year. I would be very surprised if all the details of when Connor would receive a scholarship were not established prior to his decision to come to WSU.
                          Last edited by wusphlash; April 11, 2015, 01:38 PM.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Turns out that walking on at WSU is more interesting than losing in the dance at KU? :)

Comment

• Some questions:
                              1. Will Glass transfer?
                              2. Will Holland transfer?
                              3. Will Baker, as a gift to the program, forego his scholarship? (Value would be about $15 thousand.)
                              4. Will Wessel, as a gift to the program, forego his scholarship? (Value would be about $15 thousand.)
                              5. Has Frankamp committed to forego a scholarship for the upcoming season?
                              6. Will the NCAA increase the permitted scholarships per season, which becomes effective for the 2015-2016 season?
                              7. If Baker and Wessel have completed their under graduate studies, will the NCAA permit them to complete their eligibility with an academic scholarship?

There are a lot of definite maybes listed above.

There is little doubt in the minds of the Baker, Wessel and Frankamp families that Coach Marshall is in a scholarship bind.

Baker will earn a substantial income, which begins in 2016, so he may surprise and forego a scholarship.

I am inclined to believe that Coach Marshall's scholarship commitment to the Frankamps is on a "best efforts basis."

I suspect that the Wessel family could afford to forego a scholarship, if they were so disposed to do so.

If the NCAA increased the number of permitted scholarships, I am sure it would give at least a one year notice to the universities, before the effective date of the permitted increase. So this is not an option.

I have wondered, if Coach Marshall would like to give a scholarship to John Robert Simon, if feasible. Long shot, I know. Since he is a sophomore, it is not likely.

I belive Coach Marshall needs only one scholarship source to come into compliance and it will all work out.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• My opinions only:

1. Yes
                                2. I hope not but I think so.
                                3. No
                                4. No
                                5, Conner will NOT be on scholarship in 15-16.

JRS is never going to be on athletic scholarship at WSU, no matter what HCGM would want to do.

We aren't done recruiting, so there will be at least 2 more subtractions from the current roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X