Corey Henderson Transferring???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    I'm figuring if any "meetings" happened with Corey, they are probably happening with other people, too. We may not lose another one to transfer, but I bet if anyone else is getting a curveball thrown their way, they've already heard it and are just deciding between options.
    Respectfully speaking, and as several people have noted here, I don't think this should have been a curve ball for Corey. Unless he had a huge ego, which could be possible, as he thought he could play 1-on-5 when he was in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      Redshirts still take scholarships.
      I didn't know that one, either, but I also omitted the idea (remote) of sending McDuffie to Sunrise.

At this point, I'd say it is more liable that we lose 1 than do anything else. Even with Connor paying his way year 1, redshirting is not an option and you don't send top 100 recruits to prep school, either.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
        I have previously speculated R'ian Holland, but could also be Tevin Glass as well. Since R'ian apparently doesn't have a transfer year to burn (didn't know that before today), I would be betting Tevin. R'ian will be playing for us significantly, but he will need to be patient and wait for his chance, which should come after next year. Too many people in front of him.

Also possible, but remote, for Shamet to redshirt or attend Sunrise.

Even more remote would be to redshirt McDuffie.
        So there's still a chance for me to get the breakaway Rian dunk I wanted.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          So there's still a chance for me to get the breakaway Rian dunk I wanted.
          I always hoped that for another former 6-footer who could elevate...John Kobar. Now there is a name from the archives.

Comment

I still think Tevin to ETSU is a slam dunk unless HCGMv3.3 really wants him back in particular...or if Tevin wants to be here so bad he will walk on.

Or if Forbes secretly doesn't actually like him after all, but that makes no sense if he went to the trouble to bring him to WSU in the first place.

I won't mention any names, but Tevin Glass going to ETSU isn't even the kind of thing you would "feel bad for him" about. That's just a great idea unless 3G3.3 is holding onto him in particular. He would tear it up over there, and if I'm Forbes, I want a known quantity going with me.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
              @SHOXMVC: I am with Cdizzle I would botch the landing.

Or more likely this would be the outcome.
              You guys have delusions of grandeur. You guys probably look like this cat.

Comment

One or two more? And if two, or send somebody to Sunrise, do we add somebody or scholarship to CF. I might add, 2015 recruiting seems to be just about nil.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                  One or two more? And if two, or send somebody to Sunrise, do we add somebody or scholarship to CF. I might add, 2015 recruiting seems to be just about nil.
                  I'm not sure if I would give CF a scholarship in his first year even if one was available. That may seem mean, but even from a "dad" perspective, you almost can't. Now, the following two years, I fully expect him to have a scholarship. The idea of Sunrise for anyone always escapes me because I have no clue how ready a new recruit is and if that's even a good idea for them.

I just really want to tell myself that there is a 6'10" big body, defensive presence out there somewhere. Our current front court has offense. We need a big D man. If more shuffling is yet to occur, I want it to lead to that.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                    I would be surprised if there's not one more. I agree with DJ06 that Glass with Forbes makes a lot of sense
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by Robant15 View Post
                      I wish him well, but for the most part the ball stopped moving when he had it. He's a chucker.
                      All these years I've been chucking and you never told me?

The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        On that note: How great would an announcement be from Ron that he is coming back ... AND paying his own way as a Walk On :)
                        Not great at all in my opinion. I think that is an insult to Ron. He has more than earned that 4th year scholarship. if he wants it. I would much rather tell one of the other bottom of the roster guys to move on. IMO, that would be a sure way for Ron to decide to go play pro-ball somewhere.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 10, 2015, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Good luck to Corey. Hope he finds a a really good fit for his talents that will reward him with plenty of playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                            I have previously speculated R'ian Holland, but could also be Tevin Glass as well. Since R'ian apparently doesn't have a transfer year to burn (didn't know that before today), I would be betting Tevin. R'ian will be playing for us significantly, but he will need to be patient and wait for his chance, which should come after next year. Too many people in front of him.

Also possible, but remote, for Shamet to redshirt or attend Sunrise.

Even more remote would be to redshirt McDuffie.
                            Other options for Ria'n would be to go the D-II route where his size would not be as big of a factor, or he could go Juco for 1 year, than transfer to a D-1 school for his final 2. Assuming he even needs to worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post

Exactly! That episode was hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X