No announcement yet.

Corey Henderson Transferring???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corey may not have been "told" to leave, but we all know how this works. The coach is brutally honest with the player, telling him the lay of the land -- who's in front of him at his position and projected playing time (or lack thereof). Not many players want to voluntarily stay in a program where he is going to be relegated to mop up minutes only. The coaching staff obviously saw something in Corey or they wouldn't have offered. It's really too bad it didn't work out, but it's not like the coaching staff didn't take enough time in evaluating him and giving him time to show what he could do. This has to be one of the BIG downsides in coaching -- having to tell a kid there are better options here or coming in at his position. If you have any heart at all, this is a really tough thing to have to do, but it has to be done.

Comment

So that means we're only one over.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
        Corey may not have been "told" to leave, but we all know how this works.
        Marshall has said before that he never runs kids off. However, he has also said that no scholarship is safe. There is a huge difference there.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
          This past autumn we were out on my father-in-law's sport court and my nephew asked me to dunk. At 5'10 and 44 years old I didn't know if I could still do it. I can but I pulled my right glue and was quite a laugh for the family for about 15 minutes afterward. Well, I had run a 50k earlier in the day so maybe I should try it again sometime...

Note: I have always had to have a running a start to dunk so I made/make the NBA look like poster children for playing within the rules. The ego takes time to fade. A legend in my own mind.
          It's easier with a mini-trampoline. Less effort to elevate, less likely of injury.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
            less likely of injury.
            I have not found this to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
              It's easier with a mini-trampoline. Less effort to elevate, less likely of injury.
              Less likely to pull something... The injury rate is actually probably way higher.

Comment

@SHOXMVC: I am with Cdizzle I would botch the landing.

Or more likely this would be the outcome.
                β€œLosers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Sounds like you amateurs need a little training camp on how to do it. I might have failed to mention however an important pre-dunk ritual...a few shots of Kentucky moonshine and a handful of Aleeve. Works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                    @SHOXMVC I am with Cdizzle I would botch the landing.

Or more likely this would be the outcome.
                    Are we recruiting that kid? If not .. we should be!

Comment

I wish him well, but for the most part the ball stopped moving when he had it. He's a chucker.

Comment

question is...who's next?
                        β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                        -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

I have previously speculated R'ian Holland, but could also be Tevin Glass as well. Since R'ian apparently doesn't have a transfer year to burn (didn't know that before today), I would be betting Tevin. R'ian will be playing for us significantly, but he will need to be patient and wait for his chance, which should come after next year. Too many people in front of him.

Also possible, but remote, for Shamet to redshirt or attend Sunrise.

Even more remote would be to redshirt McDuffie.

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                            I'm figuring if any "meetings" happened with Corey, they are probably happening with other people, too. We may not lose another one to transfer, but I bet if anyone else is getting a curveball thrown their way, they've already heard it and are just deciding between options.

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                                I have previously speculated R'ian Holland, but could also be Tevin Glass as well. Since R'ian apparently doesn't have a transfer year to burn (didn't know that before today), I would be betting Tevin. R'ian will be playing for us significantly, but he will need to be patient and wait for his chance, which should come after next year. Too many people in front of him.

Also possible, but remote, for Shamet to redshirt or attend Sunrise.

Even more remote would be to redshirt McDuffie.
                                Redshirts still take scholarships.
                                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X