No announcement yet.

Future Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember Bush being a volleyball player and only having played basketball for four years; I don't remember anything said about RN having played volleyball -- but I have been known to be wrong before.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
      I know I have kept improving each day. I am still waiting to achieve a chiseled, sculpted look but in my case hope springs eternal.
      I have a chiseled, sculpted look. Unfortunatey it looks like a sculpture of Jabba the Hut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
        but I have been known to be wrong before.
        But only on days that end with a y.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
          I remember Bush being a volleyball player and only having played basketball for four years; I don't remember anything said about RN having played volleyball -- but I have been known to be wrong before.
          Yes, BWam played VBall, not Nurger.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Nurger's favorite sport other than basketball is volleyball and coming from Estonia I'm sure he has some experience with playing the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Yes, BWam played VBall, not Nurger.
              Actually I think they both played volleyball.

Comment

• I thought Rauno posted up pretty well. Of course, we are only talking about the first half-dozen games.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  I thought Rauno posted up pretty well. Of course, we are only talking about the first half-dozen games.
                  I agree. In fact, on the season he shot .650 from 2-point range. He had plenty of ability to finish around the basket once he had position, it was the lack of strength to consistently get that position and what he gave up on the defensive end that were the problem.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                    I'm no dietician or exercise scientist or personal trainer but I would think it's easier to gain mass the older you get. Granted there's probably a point where it becomes more difficult but I doubt it's any time during your 20's. Nurger has the coordination and skills already, possibly because he's older. Freshman Nurger is way ahead of Freshman Stutz in those areas I think.
                    I think you're wrong. Granted, I'm no dietitian or exercise physiologist either, but a male's physical peak is generally considered late 20s to 30, at which point you begin to decline physically. And my point wasn't about when the peak is -- it was about the period in life where the most rapid physical development takes place. Your physical development can slow while still improving overall. Your body's physiology doesn't simply race forward at a constant rate of development until 30 and then slam on the brakes and yell timber. Development is rapid, then slows but continues upward, then peaks, and then slowly begins to descend, and snowballs from there. The descent is slow at first and then rapidly increases at later ages. Just as you're not declining at the same rate from 30-35 as you are from 85-90 just because you're past you're peak, you're not improving from 25-30 at the same rate you're improving from 15-20 just because you're not yet at your peak.

I know from the military standpoint, physical fitness tests are divided by age groups in most services. The Army, for instance, has age groups from 17-21, 22-26, 27-31, and so on, with declining standards for each later group. Those standards aren't designed because fitness is easier to attain as you age.
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Are we bored yet?

Comment

• I've been sculpting my body the last 40 years to be very Buddha like.

Comment

Working...
                        X