Future Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Shocks

It's been a stress filled, but great week! Time to look forward.

Does anyone know the final stats and any awards received by our new recruits? As good as you guys are I'm sure
    must know this info. I have also heard we are on some really outstanding players for 2017, any insight?

As a Stallworth era fan I really never thought I would see this level again, although Gene got us close, but really
    believe with GM staying this program is for real for a long time. Anxious to see who he can bring is as new asst. coach.

This is a great forum for Shocker Basketball as all posters seem so into this program. I can still remember the days
    of Group A and Group B on should Randy Smithson stay or go. I have to admit as things have turned out I was on the
    wrong side of that discussion.

Go Shocks.

Eric Hamilton lists himself at 6-9, 220 and averaged 14 and 7 for Sunrise Christian Academy which finished the year 20-6 playing other prep schools, NAIA, and JUCOs.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Markis McDuffie's coach listed him at 6-9 and still growing recently. He averaged 15 PPG for 28-2 St Anthony's, coached by Bobby Hurley. He was second team all state in NJ.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Landry Shamet (6-4) averaged 20, 6, and 3 for 20-6 Park Hill. He is first team all KC Metro and first team All-State in MO.
        Last edited by wufan; April 4, 2015, 07:47 PM.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Tyrone Taylor (6-4) averaged 20 PPG for Hargrave Military Academy which finished 38-6. He hit a couple of buzzer beating game winners.
          Last edited by wufan; April 4, 2015, 07:48 PM.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Conner Frankamp is a Shocker.
              I heard about that.

Comment

We are in on one five star recruit and several four star recruits for the class of 2016. I don't know of any high level 2017 recruits we are in on, but we will also have no scholarships available if current classes hold.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                  I heard about that.
                  ▪ Conner Frankamp (6-1), guard, North — Frankamp, the City League’s career scoring leader, transferred to WSU from Kansas last fall. He averaged 2.5 points as a freshman at Kansas. He scored 2,295 points at North and averaged 31.1 points, 3.8 assists and 3.5 rebounds as a senior. He practiced with WSU starting in January and becomes eligible on Dec. 12.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article16670069.html#storylink=cpy
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Appreciate your summations, Wufan.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                      Appreciate your summations, Wufan.
                      Credit to Paul Sullentrop, whom I got most of the info from.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Markis McDuffie's coach listed him at 6-9 and still growing recently. He averaged 15 PPG for 28-2 St Anthony's, coached by Bobby Hurley. He was second team all state in NJ.
                        Eric Hamilton lists himself at 6-9, 220 and averaged 14 and 7 for Sunrise Christian Academy which finished the year 20-6 playing other prep schools, NAIA, and JUCOs.
                        If these guys are really both 6'9" right now, I will gladly take back everything I said about us needing to land another big man. I usually assume new recruits are about half the size they are listed at. But yeah, if we are really adding two 6'9"s, I'm way less concerned about dumping players to bring in a so called "lunker."

We may be in way better shape at Forward than we realize right now. Tons of returning experience that will hopefully pay off next year and two seemingly impressive big guys about to come in.

Comment

I am in favor of hiring any assistant that can land us a "lunker". Thon Maker would do.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                            If these guys are really both 6'9" right now, I will gladly take back everything I said about us needing to land another big man. I usually assume new recruits are about half the size they are listed at. But yeah, if we are really adding two 6'9"s, I'm way less concerned about dumping players to bring in a so called "lunker."

We may be in way better shape at Forward than we realize right now. Tons of returning experience that will hopefully pay off next year and two seemingly impressive big guys about to come in.
                            Whether they are 6-8 or 6-10, both play outside-in, not inside-out, and both need to bulk up. I could see Hamilton getting some third string center minutes, but the coaching staff will have their hands full getting him game ready for that in year one. He's like Cle Early as a JUCO freshman by all accounts, and works really hard.

McDuffie also works really hard and has true guard skills and enough quickness to hang with Zach Brown on the perimeter and enough toughness to be a banger in time, but he only weighs a buck 90.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post

That's a really good point. If Bush could give us 20 minutes per game, that would do wonders. It would allow our 4s to play in position and avoid fouls.

Comment

Working...
                              X