Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Your Favorite Shocker of all Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lanny Van Eman

Fred and Ron and Tekele are close second
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

the Original Backcourt Bookends: Hunt and Conn

Comment

This thread reminded me of the Shocker Invitational that we had around a year ago. It was mentioned in one of the threads below that the games (or some of the games) would be available for viewing. Whatever became of that?

Shocker Invitational Sem-Finals and Final...

The Shocker Invitational (Fictional Tournament)

Shocker Invitational Bracket and Game Times

The Shocker Invitational

Shocker Invitational - Lutz Blog

Comment

1. ~ Antoine "The Big Dog" Carr
          2. ~ Xavier McDaniel
          3. ~ Fred VanVleet
          4. ~ Cleanthony Early
          5. ~ Tekele Cotton

Holy Cow!!!! I just imagined that line-up for a split second. Think we could beat Kentucky (or anybody for that matter)??? ;)
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
            If that's how you really feel, Sarah McGee says that you are dead to her.

And yes, I call dibs on Hoop.

Somehow I doubt my comment changed how Sarah views me, one way or the other.

But thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
              1. ~ Antoine "The Big Dog" Carr
              2. ~ Xavier McDaniel
              3. ~ Fred VanVleet
              4. ~ Cleanthony Early
              5. ~ Tekele Cotton

Holy Cow!!!! I just imagined that line-up for a split second. Think we could beat Kentucky (or anybody for that matter)??? ;)
              ha ha marshall coaching? fvv at the point? they'd run uk off the floor.
              Last edited by another shocker; March 31, 2015, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Somehow I doubt my comment changed how Sarah views me, one way or the other.

But thanks.
                Just spoke with her.

She said while she was a little disappointed, no one cannot not love the Doc. ;)
                The Assman

Comment

very difficult question...to me, Tekele followed closely by Aubrey...kid was smooth....

Comment

I have to pick Jason Perez. He endured some tough times, but put everything on his shoulders and carried the team without complaint. I remember the week he scored 36 in one game and 33 in the next game. I didn't get to see it in person, but I remember Mike Kennedy's call of his 3-point buzzer beater to beat SIU. I was at work and almost leaped right out of my chair. I have to give honorable mention to Matt Braeur and Clevin Hannah, and Tekele Cotton for his awesome dunking ability as well as sterling offense. I also loved the Randy Burns alley oops passes to Jamar Howard; tremendous. And I have to mention Aaron Hogg for his beautiful shot.

Comment

My "Favorite Shocker of all Time"? Easy! ME!! Bahahahahaha! Ooohohhhhooooo ahahahahaha! Now don't get me wrong -- VanVleet is GREAT! But I still like ME better overall. Now if FVV wins a National Championship next year I might have to switch up that pecking order.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                        I was a kid when Jason Perez came here. I was and still am a Perez fanatic, my favorite player of all time.

I can only imagine being a kid right now and having this current group of guys to look up to, I don't think I could pick a favorite in that situation.
                        Yep, me too. First shocker I fell in love with was Jason. I used to be one of the ball boys for a good dozen or so games during that era, so to see him up close was awe inspiring! I was always him on the court playing with friends. I imagine there are a few Baker, Cottons and Van Vleets playing in the school yard these days and that make a me so happy and proud for Wichita and Shocker nation.

Anyway, back to Jason. A few years ago, my nephews Y team was playing against Jason's son team and Jason was coaching, I got so giddy. I couldn't believe I was sharing the same court as he even though neither of is were playing.

He was a terrific player and an amazing person.
                        I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                        If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

I've really had to think about this one for a while since it was posted.

I think that the amazing young man that is Tekele Cotton has taken my favorite player spot, narrowly edging out the great love I have for Paul Miller, "the champagne of college basketball," who truly was the man that brought us back to on-court prominence and relevance.

Oh, and that Drew Moffitt character in ye olde avatar remains my favorite all-sport Shocker of all time. Watching him hit bombs over 21st street was something else.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                            ha ha marshall coaching? fvv at the point? they'd run uk off the floor.
                            OMG yes! NCAA Division I Men's basketball....forgedda-bout-it!!!! Thank you for coming....good-nite!!!!
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by JackStraw View Post
                              Clear # 1 --- Dave the Rave , he built the House...........

Tied for 2nd --- X , Warren , and Antoine .....
                              this is my answer as well.
                              One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                                Randy Burns/FVV
                                Matty B
                                Gal
                                Bret Michael
                                Nick Rogers used to be on this list but f that guy
                                What's wrong with Nick? He was one of the nicest people I've ever spoken to.

Comment

Working...
                                X