No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Landry Shamet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a Final Four and undefeated season has kind of forced my mind to go to unreasonable places. This team is already better than the Final Four team and I think it's reasonable to think they can be as good as the undefeated team next year. No idea what the results will be but I have a feeling in my gut that Landry is going to be bringing us a national title.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Except Fred being available behind Armstead allowed for a F4.

And frankly, based on how the NCAAs shook out last year and what we're seeing now, I'm not so sure that Shamet being available behind Fred/Ron wouldn't have netted similar results.
      Might not have changed, but I wish we had another shooter like Shamet last year in the Miami game. We were so cold shooting in that game, I wish we could have had another threat to go to.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by bighouse View Post
        have to avg. 3 or more per game
        Right now, Conner is 9 assists short. If he could average 6 assists per game the rest of the way, he could still qualify.

Comment

Expectations were discussed on Bruce's show this morning. What we have come to expect. The thought that 24-4 at the start of the year wouldn't have been seen as "hell yeah I'll take that" is unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            Might not have changed, but I wish we had another shooter like Shamet last year in the Miami game. We were so cold shooting in that game, I wish we could have had another threat to go to.
            We had the best shooter in the tournament on our team last year against Miami. Just the wrong year. He is a different brain this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
              We had the best shooter in the tournament on our team last year against Miami. Just the wrong year. He is a different brain this year.
              True, but another guard like Shamet could have helped the depth having played 3 games in 5 days.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                What could have been...also wonder if ZBrown could have been effective on Rodríguez? Might have been a little too quick for him. We shut him down second half mostly but the damage was already done.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  Having a Final Four and undefeated season has kind of forced my mind to go to unreasonable places. This team is already better than the Final Four team and I think it's reasonable to think they can be as good as the undefeated team next year. No idea what the results will be but I have a feeling in my gut that Landry is going to be bringing us a national title.
                  The team that went to the Final 4 wasn't the team that played in that regular season. I know we all remember that Baker missed the whole conference season but Carl Hall missed significant time that year too. I have argued before that the Final 4 team, when healthy, was as good or better than the undefeated team. It essentially was the undefeated team, one year younger but with Carl Hall and Malcolm Armstead.

Edit: All that to say that I'm not sure this team is quite that good yet

Comment

Originally posted by WUpigsooie View Post
                    The team that went to the Final 4 wasn't the team that played that regular season. I know we all remember that Baker missed the whole conference season but Carl Hall missed significant time that year too. I have argued before that the Final 4 team, when healthy, was as good or better than the undefeated team. It essentially was the undefeated team, one year younger but with Carl Hall and Malcolm Armstead.

Edit: All that to say that I'm not sure this team is quite that good yet
                    That team lost to Evansville, UNI, and SIU on the road and ISUB at home without Carl Hall or Ron Baker. Then with Carl Hall back, and a one game lead over Creighton, they lost back to back games to Evansville at home and then Creighton to fall back and take second place in the MVC. They were so inconsistent that year. The home game lost to Evansville should never have been a loss. I'm glad we caught fire in the tournament but that team fought adversity, won some games without Carl Hall but then lost one of their biggest games with him at home against Evansville.

Comment

In conference-only games, UE's Dru Smith (freshman), is 2nd in A/TO at 2.4. But as Doc said, #NotWinning.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                          Biggest take away from this? We were a lot better passing team than we were the last couple years. I feel like many of these looks would have been there this year if we had people looking to pass rather than get their own shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Biggest take away from this? We were a lot better passing team than we were the last couple years. I feel like many of these looks would have been there this year if we had people looking to pass rather than get their own shot.
                            I’ve noticed the same thing while watching most of these videos Nick Jones has posted. And they’re not “fancy” passes. Just simple things like passing the ball to the open man.

I see some of those passes in the videos for incoming recruits. I hope that translates into the games.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I’ve noticed the same thing while watching most of these videos Nick Jones has posted. And they’re not “fancy” passes. Just simple things like passing the ball to the open man.

I see some of those passes in the videos for incoming recruits. I hope that translates into the games.
                              Yup, nearly every one of those highlights had more passes than dribbles ...

Comment

My exact thoughts when I watched it, Rashard, Shaq, Conner, etc were all very good passers.

Comment

Working...
                                X