Thoughts on Landry Shamet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Landry Shamet

Since there has been a lot of chatter on Ron possibly leaving, what are your thoughts on our 4 star recruit Landry Shamet from KC? Is his game similar to Ron's? If Ron does leave (which I don't think he will), can Landry full his void?

Originally posted by Owp99 View Post
    Since there has been a lot of chatter on Ron possibly leaving, what are your thoughts on our 4 star recruit Landry Shamet from KC? Is his game similar to Ron's? If Ron does leave (which I don't think he will), can Landry full his void?
    There hasn't been any real chatter on Ron leaving, at least not from folks that know the program.

As to Landry, I think he is similar to Toure Murry at this stage in his career.
    Livin the dream

Comment

It depends what you mean by filling the void. Do you mean for next year's season, specifically? I'm sorry, I think Landry is a great player for us, but no way an incoming Freshman could replace what a 5th year senior in RB would mean to the team.

Comment

By the way, I don't see RB being gone next year.

Comment

Being totally unbiased which is hard to do... Gregg really should give next year's class paired along side this year's freshman and see what he can do....lotta potentially great times... But Greg's stock is really high right now... So it's a toss up

Comment

Any way Gregg could coach two teams next year??? I wouldn't put it past him as coach is a true magician. Lol

I already got my bracket filled out for next March.
            Wichita St. vs. Texas in the National Championship game!!!
            Coach Marshall standing in the middle of the two teams on the sidelines. Never been done before...but a guy can dream right? Lol
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

If Ron gone, then that means Gregg is gone, which means that Landry is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                If Ron gone, then that means Gregg is gone, which means that Landry is gone.
                While all this is possible, I would seriously doubt that all three would happen.
                Livin the dream

Comment

My thoughts are that Landry (and all of our other incoming recruits) chose WSU because of Gregg Marshall. Now that Marshall will most likely be the next coach at Texas before the end of the week, I don't think any of them will come to WSU. Maybe Eric Hamilton since he is at Sunrise in Wichita already.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerHoops View Post
                    My thoughts are that Landry (and all of our other incoming recruits) chose WSU because of Gregg Marshall. Now that Marshall will most likely be the next coach at Texas before the end of the week, I don't think any of them will come to WSU. Maybe Eric Hamilton since he is at Sunrise in Wichita already.
                    Where do you get "most likely." Id like to hear. Because from everything I've heard it was 50-50 between 3G and Smart, even before you ask the question of whether or not 3G will say yes, or if we can match, etc. just think it's a bit presumptuous.

Comment

Man are you a downer. Why not wait with the doomsday attitude until you actually hear something concrete instead of message board rumors.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                        Any way Gregg could coach two teams next year??? I wouldn't put it past him as coach is a true magician. Lol

I already got my bracket filled out for next March.
                        Wichita St. vs. Texas in the National Championship game!!!
                        Coach Marshall standing in the middle of the two teams on the sidelines. Never been done before...but a guy can dream right? Lol
                        Yeah. Is there an NCAA rule hat says a person can't be the coach of two different schools? He'd be doing a lot of traveling between schools and would have to have one of his assistants coach if he was at the other game.

Comment

Yes but recruiting would get weird

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                            Man are you a downer. Why not wait with the doomsday attitude until you actually hear something concrete instead of message board rumors.
                            @ShockerHoops: is an internet troll.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Looking at your avatar, you do seem invoked with the word "fear" alright.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X