Why Marshall Won't Leave WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    He's younger and may appeal more to the 5* kids they always get.
    So who's funding a Shaka to Texas campaign? I got $5 on it, haha

Comment

It wouldn't take long and Marshall would be making clowns of the Big12.

I wouldn't fault him one bit leaving for Texas. Heck you could put together a Title contender in a year, wouldn't even have to recruit out of state. Make killer money, and live in Austin, which lets face it...a little bit nicer than Wichita.

My only hope is that if/when Marshall does leave he doesn't burn this place down like Turg did.

Comment

Speaking of Turg, he really had a great run in Tejas.
        For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
        - said no one ever...

Comment

Marshall will leave, let's just hope he doesn't take Baker or others with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
            It wouldn't take long and Marshall would be making clowns of the Big12.

I wouldn't fault him one bit leaving for Texas. Heck you could put together a Title contender in a year, wouldn't even have to recruit out of state. Make killer money, and live in Austin, which lets face it...a little bit nicer than Wichita.

My only hope is that if/when Marshall does leave he doesn't burn this place down like Turg did.
            Exactly. Marshall would be the man to break the streak for KU. He'd do it in his first season. :)

Comment

Hopefully his reputation as a being bad at interviews is true.

Comment

I remember Edie Fogler was a hot and wanted coach at WSU. He turned down Texas a year or two before he bolted to Vandy.

Comment

Marshall is going to Texas. It hasn't been leaked yet, but I'm sure it's happening. OF course im mad and a little sad.
                  But I believe the info I got...

Comment

Originally posted by Metalkatz View Post
                    Marshall is going to Texas. It hasn't been leaked yet, but I'm sure it's happening. OF course im mad and a little sad.
                    But I believe the info I got...
                    HCGM has proven he can beat Big12 teams and Texas has talented kids, but are they coach able; and will HCGM walk away from a legitimate shot for a deep run, if not championship game potential?
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                      HCGM has proven he can beat Big12 teams and Texas has talented kids, but are they coach able; and will HCGM walk away from a legitimate shot for a deep run, if not championship game potential?
                      I agree! I am a little surprised by this.
                      I dont think it's a done deal. But from my source "Marshall is going to Texas" they been right on with all previous information in the past.
                      Hopefully he will have a change of heart and stay with Wichita State

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                        Gregg isn't going anywhere:

1. Because I say so.
                        2. He is and will continue to be paid well.
                        3. Because I said so.
                        4. He has 100% backing of the University and community.
                        5. Because I said so.
                        6. Since he has been here, the University has updated everything Shocker basketball.
                        7. Because I said so.
                        8. He and or the team flys by charter to games, recruiting, personal, etc...
                        9. Because I said so.
                        10. He has the keys to the city.
                        11. Because I said so.
                        12. He, his wife and kids loooooooove it here.
                        13. Dang it, because I said so, which should be emphasized for dramatic purposes IMO.
                        Maybe you should add one more reason. Ending on 13 may not be the best.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerInLawrence View Post
                          Personally, I'm worried about Coach Marshall leaving. He's paid well here, and happy, but Texas can provide a lot more money and the chance to prove himself in the big leagues, so to speak. He strikes me as the kind of guy who wants to climb to the top.
                          I'm not worried about Marshall leaving. In fact, if he did leave, he'd be going against everything he believes.

Comment

Marshall is hustling these fools. He listens to every offer and acts interested so he can pull the rug out from under them. The more you lead them on, the more attention your program and players get. He's pulling the strings like a master. He's got the whole NCAA watching and he's gonna stay at WSU while they all wring their hands.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                              I'm not worried about Marshall leaving. In fact, if he did leave, he'd be going against everything he believes.
                              I dont think you are qualified or close enough to the situation to make that statement. I sure hope you arent one of those fans that calls him a liar and not loyal...etc if he goes to Texas...
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Texas is exactly what he said he would go for. They are also interested in Shaka smart. So maybe they take whoever says yes first but I think they need someone who wants to be the champ and I get that feeling from Marshall. Smart could have that too but I don't follow him so I don't know. I think it'd be hard not to go after brad underwood if he left.

Comment

Working...
                                X