No announcement yet.

Why Marshall Won't Leave WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While Marshall's legacy at WSU is firmly entrenched, it would be disappointing if he did not finish his career with the Shockers as its Total Wins leader.

Comment

• Been a great couple days for Shocker fans. We lose to Notre Dame. Two days later, Notre Dame loses to Kentucky. Same day, Texas job is open and "sources" told Yahoo Sports that Marshall has had his eye on the Texas job.

So what happens with Marshall leaving for Texas?
      1. Marshall takes his coaching staff with him.
      2. Marshall takes his WSU recruits to Texas with him (Hamilton, McDuffie, Taylor, Frankamp, Shamet).
      3. With Marshall gone, Fred VanVleet and Ron Baker go pro.
      4. WSU next year is left with a skeleton crew headed by Evan Wessel and some sophomores (Shaq Morris, Rashard Kelly, Zach Brown, Ria'n Holland, Corey Henderson. Some of these players may even transfer elsewhere).
      5. WSU program is ushered back into the Stone Age of basketball with a major rebuilding project.

Ah, times are good for WSU basketball. Amazing that a week ago, I was on the top of the mountain as a fan, having beaten KU to go to the Sweet Sixteen. Now, the Marshall regime is over and it's time to rebuild, again.

Comment

• Yep it's all over. Texas has an opening so it's back to the 90's for this crappy mid major program pretending to belong...

There's just no way Marshall will stay. We just aren't good enough. All the players will leave...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerHoops View Post
          Been a great couple days for Shocker fans. We lose to Notre Dame. Two days later, Notre Dame loses to Kentucky. Same day, Texas job is open and "sources" told Yahoo Sports that Marshall has had his eye on the Texas job.

2. Marshall takes his WSU recruits to Texas with him (Hamilton, McDuffie, Taylor, Frankamp, Shamet).
          4. WSU next year is left with a skeleton crew headed by Evan Wessel and some sophomores (Shaq Morris, Rashard Kelly, Zach Brown, Ria'n Holland, Corey Henderson. Some of these players may even transfer elsewhere).
          5. WSU program is ushered back into the Stone Age of basketball with a major rebuilding project.

Ah, times are good for WSU basketball. Amazing that a week ago, I was on the top of the mountain as a fan, having beaten KU to go to the Sweet Sixteen. Now, the Marshall regime is over and it's time to rebuild, again.
          Some posters have lost it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            Some posters have lost it.
            That is obviously a KU fan...come on now....dont fall for it
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Been a great couple days for Shocker fans. We lose to Notre Dame. Two days later, Notre Dame loses to Kentucky. Same day, Texas job is open and "sources" told Yahoo Sports that Marshall has had his eye on the Texas job.

Thanks Carnack...
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Did I miss something in the last hour? Are you saying he's accepted the Texas job?
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Doooooosh post of the year.

Comment

• We will know in a week I guess.. According to Texas resources

Comment

• Everybody relax and check your sarcasm filters.

Seriously. Stay frosty. Last I checked, Marshall was still our coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                        We will know in a week I guess.. According to Texas resources
                        You guys will know much quicker. A new top name will emerge or there will be leaks Marshall is gone.

I think that really negative post was sarcasm. Too much support in Wichita and recent success to drop too far if you guys even need to worry.

Comment

• It is what it is... There are very few Mark fews... No pun intended... But coaches go where they want.... When things get complacent and they feel their goals can be easily reached else where.... Wichita state is like Butler, Xavier and others where where we lost our coach, we have built a reputation as a place to come that has community and financial support out the wazoo.. Wish we still had Jim Schaus but life goes on

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                            Bobby Hurley?

Markis McDuffie would like that.
                            Ugh!! Made me throw up in my mouth a little bit... Can't imagine a worse hire for WSU.
                            "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                            -- Pele

Comment

• Marshall said it would take a crazy offer! If reports are correct and Texas has several guys on their hot list surely they are not going to offer anymore than Barns current salary. They gave Charlie Strong half millon less then the previous coach. I see them coming in about 2 mil. That's not the crazy offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                                It is what it is... There are very few Mark fews... No pun intended... But coaches go where they want.... When things get complacent and they feel their goals can be easily reached else where.... Wichita state is like Butler, Xavier and others where where we lost our coach, we have built a reputation as a place to come that has community and financial support out the wazoo.. Wish we still had Jim Schaus but life goes on
                                Also been pining for the Jim Schaus days in light of today's developments. How confident are we in Sexton's ability to hire our next coach? I'm worried.
                                "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                                -- Pele

Comment

Working...
                                X