Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by choida View Post
    He won't retire at wichita state

I think he wants it all and he can achieve it here where it means even more;

All time greatest and winningest coach in Wichita State history
    National Championship (non blue-blood program - an even greater accomplishment); they'll write books about coach Marshall and WSU basketball; we're well on our way to becoming "America's Team"
    Bronze statue at the entrance of Koch Arena
    Gregg Marshall's name on Koch Arena floor
    They'll name a 'new' building after the Marshall 'family'
    City wide hero status forever
    Charles Koch could be living anywhere in the world and has made his home in Wichita, Kansas; coach Marshall and family will do the same
    I believe! I believe! I believe...! Coach Marshall will retire in Wichita, Kansas
    "You don't mess with happy!" "Stay where you're loved!"
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
      HCGM has yet to reap the rewards for his hard work at WSU. Reap does not equate to moving

No particular order

1. Great core of players coming back next year
      2. Will reciprocate FVV loyalty to WSU and GM
      3. Great recruiting class coming in
      4. CKA suites
      5. Additional athletic facilities expansion
      6. CK is an individual he greatly admires
      7. Family
      8. Basketball is king at WSU
      9. Continued raises which easily puts him near 2.5m

I'd be surprised at Alabama, UT, or anything less than a blue blood.
      taylor (hargraves), shamet (kc), hamilton (sunrise), frankamp (transfer).. and.. who else? is that the class?

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
        taylor (hargraves), shamet (kc), hamilton (sunrise), frankamp (transfer).. and.. who else? is that the class?
        McDuffie!
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
          McDuffie?

Lol, Steeleshocker and I were in a race condition to post that.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
            McDuffie!
            mm.. but of course,

Comment

I tell you, I am excited about Taylor. I hope he can become the next coming of ArmSTUD! (Still sad we only got to enjoy him for only one season)
              The Assman

Comment

Marshall was spotted in whole foods today in wichita. As long as he is in town, he is not leaving. Unless it was his body double.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Marshall was spotted in whole foods today in wichita.
                  Buying some lettuce and bacon, to go with Lynn's tomatoes?! :)
                  The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                    Buying some lettuce and bacon, to go with Lynn's tomatoes?! :)
                    He's had his fill of steak and lobster. Not much he can't buy with 2 million.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

But deep down, is that Gregg Marshall? Is that kind of makeover possible? Could he rid himself of the blue collar?

-----

Now that Marshall has coached eight years at WSU and gone 204-76 (.728), he contends a national championship is possible.

Really? Even when the backdrop consists of backboards in Koch Arena?

Really. He says it, and you believe him. Especially when you see, first-hand, a mid-major flourish right here in Kansas and enrich the state’s great basketball heritage.

-----

No one would fault Marshall if he moved on. Doing so, however, would require him to turn in a key that not only opened the hearts of Wichitans, but is obviously near and dear to Marshall himself.

@Eric_P_Smith: NEW from @kevin:haskin: Intriguing dominoes tug at the hearts of Wichitans | http://cjon.co/1Hc5POI #watchus #goshox http://twitter.com/Eric_P_Smith/stat...718592/photo/1
                      Last edited by jocoshock; March 28, 2015, 01:23 PM.
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                        McDuffie?

Lol, Steeleshocker and I were in a race condition to post that.
                        just did a quick internet search:

mcduffie chose wichita state over boston college (acc conference), smu (larry brown), vcu (shaka smart) and buffalo (strong ncaa team this year, coached by bobby hurley, son of bob hurley who coached mcduffie in hs).

nice credentials.

'wouldn't be wise for marshall to leave just yet imo. he'll be able to write his own check next year, be it somewhere else or at wichita state (koch bros inc).

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                          IMO, Duke and UNC are very different animals here. Duke simply isn't hiring a guy that isn't a "Duke" guy. Coach K has his coaching tree, and the next Duke coach will come from that tree.

UNC's a different animal entirely. No one talks about the UNC job as being about a "UNC guy," and really UNC's been falling behind Duke in relevancy for a while, even without the bludgeoning they deserve to be taking over the academic scandal. UNC's a possibility. There's definitely still problems with him being the guy they would target, but he would realistically be a target. He would not be at Duke.
                          I don't think they are all that different. I see the next UNC coach being of the Dean Smith/Phog Allen tree. I don't think you realize how extensive it is. It is by far the best over decades and the best ball in the nation is played under a descendant of Dean Smith. It will not be a Hal Nunnally coach, I can tell you that much. Regardless, Duke and UNC still are the best fit for HCGM. I was not saying he would be hired by either.

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          The only thing I disagree with (if I understand correctly) is that Marshall will shy away from the pressure of a blue blood gig. I don't think he would mind the pressure at all, and he would probably thrive on it.
                          I am not denying that Marshall will not shy away from pressure to win, but when they start meddling and not giving him what he needs, then there is going to be an issue. Look at Texas. Barnes had all that to work with, yet nothing to show for it in the past 11 years aside from 2 elite 8s. Why? Meddling. Once it starts it can't stop.

Originally posted by choida View Post
                          He won't retire at wichita state... But he's not leaving this year... He has no much invested and a team back for another ride... He'll reload and roll the dice
                          He isn't opposed to retiring at WSU, and thats the key. Unlike other coaches he realizes that the grass in his yard is pretty damn green.

Originally posted by kstarheel View Post
                          UNC will never do the 'UNC guy' thing again after Matt D's demise. Dean wanted Roy and that's the primary reason Roy isn't still at KU. . And as for 'falling behind Duke', 2011 and 2012 were great UNC teams. Injuries got 'em. 2013-this season, sure, Duke has led the way. (but even last year is up for debate) That will change back next season, I think. No way Marshall ever coaches at Duke. Not with Dawkins, Amaker, Hurley, Brey, etc out there.
                          But... But... Roy is a Williams guy...

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          If UK gets Donovan, would Marshall go to Florida?
                          Hell no.

And I will say this- Why fill someone else's shoes? Why try to live up to a legend instead of creating one yourself? It seems to be forgotten that Marshall has a huge ego.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

@shock:, I like how you mention that Barnes only has 2 Elite 8s in 11 years. Poor Texas fans. No wonder they want him gone.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

This program is his baby. Why would he let someone else take over and take credit for his baby?

Also, I think he relishes the fact that he shows he can compete with the big boys at a "mid major.". He takes great pride in that. At Texas he wouldn't be able to have that chip on his shoulder; the me against the world thing. WSU is perfect for him and he is perfect for us. He's built a monster and isn't going to gamble on losing it.

Comment

If he bolts for Texas, my eyes are going to be glaring squarely at the Antishock. He teases WSU with a sweet tasting victory over KU to throw us off his trail. But he knows that that victory could be the very reason Marshall gets seriously recruited by a team in the conference where the need to beat KU -- multiple times per season -- is high. The Antishock may very well be upon us ...

I'm bumping the status to Def Con 4 until HC3GM makes a statement.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X