No announcement yet.

Valley happenings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's an absolute grand slam for Bradley, I am surprised they got him. Definitely the best non-ludicrous-reach level candidate they could have hoped to land.

Comment

I am thrilled about this hire. I have a good feeling about it.

Comment

From the Peoria Journal Star

Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post
          Indiana St has agreed to a 4 year series with Valpo starting next season in Terre Haute. It'll be a good early test for the Sycamores against an NCAA tourney team that ended up near the RPI top 50 this year.

Article also mentions that InSU will host Wyoming as part of the MVC-MWC Challenge and that their series with Butler, IUPUI, and Ball St will continue next season
          It'll be interesting to see if Elgin ends up at any or all of those games...
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Indiana St has agreed to a 4 year series with Valpo starting next season in Terre Haute. It'll be a good early test for the Sycamores against an NCAA tourney team that ended up near the RPI top 50 this year.

Article also mentions that InSU will host Wyoming as part of the MVC-MWC Challenge and that their series with Butler, IUPUI, and Ball St will continue next season
            Adding a H-H-H-H series with a near top 50 RPI team is a pretty solid get, but when you stop and think that that specific program could have already been in the MVC you have to shake your head a bit at the our conference's leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Last April he received a 3 year contract through March 2019.

That would put his buyout at around $1.2 million. That's a lot of cows.
              Exactly. MoSt overreacted to a 20 win season and expected Muller to continue upward progression. Instead MoSt absolutely imploded. But they can't afford to buy him out.

He'll be there probably two more seasons. This coming season will decide his fate, and then if he fails he'll have one more season of misery before they can afford to get rid of him.

Crappy football team problems.
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Excellent hire!

So happy to see them have the competence to hire someone that is proven beyond a three-year mark of winning with the previous guy's recruits. Five years, continued improvement, didn't have to win with extreme amounts of seniors, continuously solid SOS, young, from Illinois ... very, very good choice. He could be at Bradley for a long time.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                  Excellent hire!

So happy to see them have the competence to hire someone that is proven beyond a three-year mark of winning with the previous guy's recruits. Five years, continued improvement, didn't have to win with extreme amounts of seniors, continuously solid SOS, young, from Illinois ... very, very good choice. He could be at Bradley for a long time.
                  Or he could do five years at Bradley and move on to Illinois.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Is this yet another coach who looks really, really good because he had a star player? Four years of Keifer Sykes would make anyone look good.

I'm just not sold on those guys (see Billy Gillespie and Anthony Grant).

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      Is this yet another coach who looks really, really good because he had a star player? Four years of Keifer Sykes would make anyone look good.

He recruited a 7 footer that went to the NBA as well.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I agree with you to a certain extent. It doesn't inspire much confidence in me that he couldn't make the NCAA Tournament with guys like Keifer Sykes and Alec Brown, but at the same time, 1 loss in a conference tournament against a hot team can wreck a whole season for teams from the Horizon League (as a former Valpo student/still a fan, I'll use the 2012 HL title game losing a key player to injury and having to face McCallum, Anderson, etc)

I think there is more to Wardle than a couple of star players though. Plus, I'm sure Bradley would love to be able to bring in/develop a Sykes or Brown and Wardle has shown he can

Comment

NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeffborzello Jeff Borzello
                          Averaged better than 9 and 6. RT @SIU_Basketball: #Salukis freshman forward Jordan Caroline will transfer.http://t.co/GfHEfuxAOK

Good grief...
                          "I appreciate the opportunity Coach Hinson and his staff gave me at SIU," said Caroline. "My desire to play at the highest level of college basketball was the primary factor in my decision."

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                            NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeffborzello Jeff Borzello
                            Averaged better than 9 and 6. RT @SIU_Basketball: #Salukis freshman forward Jordan Caroline will transfer.http://t.co/GfHEfuxAOK

Good grief..."I appreciate the opportunity Coach Hinson and his staff gave me at SIU," said Caroline. "My desire to play at the highest level of college basketball was the primary factor in my decision."
                            That is not good news. Transfers are becoming a big problem for Valley schools.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              That is not good news. Transfers are becoming a big problem for Valley schools.
                              I'd bet he got poached. It won't be long before we hear who it was. That statement Caroline made stinks of it. Someone called him up and said why not come play for us on the highest level. The MVC is a farm conference for the Big 10.

That massive list of reasons why our conference fell apart just grew another name.

Joey King, Rayvonte Rice, etc...now you can add Jordan Caroline. He was a shining hope for SIU. That hope is dead. I was REALLY looking forward to his battles with Shaq for 3 more years.

Comment

[FONT=verdana]Redshirt freshman guard KC Goodwin and freshman Chaz Glotta will transfer from SIU.

Chaz Glotta is the son of Charles Glotta. Charles is a Wichita SE grad and former head coach at Kapaun. He told me several weeks ago that several guys were going to jump ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X