No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest assured, this will be resolved very soon (re: Alabama, at least).

We are not the only ones anxious for an answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
      This thing has turned into a media circus, and I am concerned that it may have cost us a very valuable recruit whether Marshall stays or not. No doubt, Alabama's plan was to make a big splash and media circus.
      I don't think the circus really has an impact.
      If Marshall goes, the recruits would be up in the air even if it was done in complete silence.
      If he stays, that's another feather in his cap pointing towards stability - proof he won't jump at anything.

Comment

• I saw mcduffie put #shockernation back on its Twitter bio
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBlue View Post
          And...Oklahoma State trying to throw a curve ball? http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...is-ford-firing
          KU better be worried!!
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
            But he hasn't even done anything other than say he would listen to a stooopid offer.
            But he has also done nothing to discourage it. He could have met with Alabama and immediately announced he was staying. He could have had his coaches show and reiterated that he was staying. He is at the very least a willing participant in the media circus by not stopping it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
              But he has also done nothing to discourage it. He could have met with Alabama and immediately announced he was staying. He could have had his coaches show and reiterated that he was staying. He is at the very least a willing participant in the media circus by not stopping it.
              Why would you do that if gives you leverage for a raise here and more job security.

Comment

• Also wasn't Gene Stephenson getting this kind of love in the mid 90s from our fans? Of course he was getting other kinds of love as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  Why would you do that if gives you leverage for a raise here and more job security.
                  I'm not saying you wouldn't do it. I think most people agree HCGM likes the attention from this. I just don't think it is accurate to say he hasn't done anything to bring this circus on and has probably added a little fuel to the fire (by remaining silent) just for the point you mentioned.

Comment

• If at the end of today there has been no news I think you can pretty much figure 3G's not going to Alabama. He's not going to make a public statement unless he's going; he's never commented publicly on ANY of the prior job offers (other than to bring them up in media interviews months after turning them down).

The more I think about it the more I believe DJ06Shocker has figured it out: Marshall turned both UA and UT down; one took him at face value and moved on, the other flew to Wichita in desperation and made an 8 hour sales pitch.

Still crickets, in spite of the fact that Bama a full week ago screamed from the rooftops they wanted him, and has had five days now to make it happen since Marshall's season ended. If it takes that long to make a sale, one party is trying a lot harder than the other. That's a fact.

Comment

He doesn't need to do that right away. No one blames him for listening and weighing the options for himself and his family. There becomes a point where something has to be done. I don't think we are there yet, but we are close.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                        I saw mcduffie put #shockernation back on its Twitter bio
                        Indeed!
                        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Common, that's pretty entitled. Gregg's given us 8 years of awesomeness. I think we can let him have an 8 hour meeting and a day to think about someone offering a 50% pay raise, despite Bama's other flaws as a basketball program. Again, I'll say that even without the coach's show, this process probably isn't ANY different than previous years, it's just under a magnifying glass.

Comment

He has said he would listen to a "crazy" offer. If, in fact, he has received a "crazy" offer, he may need tad bit of time to mull it over with family and advisers. I would not expect that to go beyond today, unless he were to decide to visit Tuscaloosa.
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I'm not saying you wouldn't do it. I think most people agree HCGM likes the attention from this. I just don't this it is fair to say he hasn't done anything to bring this circus on and has probably added a little fuel to the fire (by remaining silent) just for the point you mentioned.
                              There has to be news otherwise, that Alabama has moved on. There has been nothing since yesterday. There is no reason for Alabama to lead on its fanbase if Marshall has no intention of going there, especially considering how public this has been.

Makes me nearly 100% sure there is mulling of an offer going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                                KU better be worried!!
                                Yep, first thing I thought, are they "considering a change" based on how fed up Self is with the second guessing?

Comment

Working...
                                X