The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
    If HCGM is around for the next season I honestly and sincerely believe that he needs to handle the matter better for the team, the recruits, and the boosters/fans. I fear that this annual springtime ritual that is now as common as the vernal equinox can be used against triple-G in the recruiting wars. I know I cannot control or even influence the situation and honestly, if I were not a moderator, I would not be on Shockernet during this period. Again, I honestly and sincerely fear that if he remains and the next one rolls around I will have a much more curt response and will be much less well wishing. Of course if the job is a blue blood I understand completely but my tolerance for what is rapidly becoming shenanigans is fading fast. I am so very grateful to the coach and his family for what they have done for our Shocker community and the pride his teams have instilled in the entire Wichita metro region. There are very few places where he can build an identity and pride in a geographical region.

Regardless of what happens, thank you coach. Now get on with it (the decision), whatever that may be, and be on your way.

Go Shocks!
    Agreed. But this may have all been out of Marshall's control when Alabama decided to puff up and show who they is. "We be Alabama! We gonna get who we wants!"

If they want it public to show their resolve to get their guy this is a crappy way to do it. If I were Marshall I wouldn't want anything to be public. It does nobody any good. It would turn me off, quite frankly. But oh well.

Comment

• Long story short...we show a lot of love to Marshall. A firm show of reciprocity after this hopefully all blows over would go a heck of a long way in my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
        Agreed. But this may have all been out of Marshall's control when Alabama decided to puff up and show who they is. "We be Alabama! We gonna get who we wants!"

If they want it public to show their resolve to get their guy this is a crappy way to do it. If I were Marshall I wouldn't want anything to be public. It does nobody any good. It would turn me off, quite frankly. But oh well.
        I'm with you on this. Do we know for sure the larger than norm media attention is 3G's doing? I doubt he's handled this any different than past years, the only difference is Bama wants a different story than J Taylor getting headlines and that 3G's profile is hotter than ever.

This isn't fun, and 3G could end it immediately, I get that. But I don't think this craziness surrounding the courtship this year can be placed on him.

Comment

• I'm not gonna lie. It looks to me like Marshall did tell Alabama and Texas no. One of them listened and switched to Shaka. The other one got on a plane and came up here. None of the stuff we are hearing is being made public by Gregg. It's all coming from elsewhere. Hard to fault him other than for not having a presser to announce he's staying, but does he really need to do that? Which method really shows more solidarity? I'm not so sure what he is doing isn't the right way. I'm sure he is being very open and up front with everyone who is actually involved such as the players, his family and Sexton.

Comment

• At this point 3G is bigger than the program. This needs to change regardless of the outcome of the current situation.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
              At this point 3G is bigger than the program. This needs to change regardless of the outcome of the current situation.
              Against my own better judgment, I am beginning to feel the same way.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                I'm not gonna lie. It looks to me like Marshall did tell Alabama and Texas no. One of them listened and switched to Shaka. The other one got on a plane and came up here. None of the stuff we are hearing is being made public by Gregg. It's all coming from elsewhere. Hard to fault him other than for not having a presser to announce he's staying, but does he really need to do that? Which method really shows more solidarity? I'm not so sure what he is doing isn't the right way. I'm sure he is being very open and up front with everyone who is actually involved such as the players, his family and Sexton.
                Exactly. Thanks for wording that better than I.

Comment

• But he hasn't even done anything other than say he would listen to a stooopid offer.

Comment

• ******* says Rick Barnes to Tennessee is official.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      You mean living in a town a whole 110 miles south of here?
                      Yeah I do. What would you put as a positive living in Oklahoma versud here? Red dirt? More tornadoes, less teeth?

Comment

• This thing has turned into a media circus, and I am concerned that it may have cost us a very valuable recruit whether Marshall stays or not. No doubt, Alabama's plan was to make a big splash and media circus.
                        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                          This thing has turned into a media circus, and I am concerned that it may have cost us a very valuable recruit whether Marshall stays or not. No doubt, Alabama's plan was to make a big splash and media circus.
                          Which is Alabama
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                            This thing has turned into a media circus, and I am concerned that it may have cost us a very valuable recruit whether Marshall stays or not. No doubt, Alabama's plan was to make a big splash and media circus.
                            The only circus has been on the message boards.

Waiting for the FOX News no-spin report to come out before I get too worried.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                              Yeah I do. What would you put as a positive living in Oklahoma versud here? Red dirt? More tornadoes, less teeth?
                              I've made a few Okie jokes in my day too, but my point is that the society and culture of northern OK and southern KS isn't very different at all - that's why I made the 110 miles comment. Wichita's what, 45 miles from OK?

Comment

• In regards to recruiting, this looks bad short term, but longer term may be a different story. If 3G is talking to a recruit he can tell them that he listens to offers but that he has turned down 3+ mil from multiple p5 schools. If a recruit is thinking about going to Alabama, he can always tell them why he chose wsu over them.
                                “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Working...
                                X