No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take it for what it's worth, but a friends family who is a big SASO supporter said that there are Texas rumblings going through their circles...F Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Jeff ******* @GoodmanESPN
      · 7m 7 minutes ago
      Texas athletic director Steve Patterson has an NBA background, and one source told me not to be shocked if he also considers NBA guys.
      Brad Stevens?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBlue View Post
        Take it for what it's worth, but a friends family who is a big SASO supporter said that there are Texas rumblings going through their circles...F Texas.
        What does this mean?

Comment

• Well, if Alabama and Texas have GM as their number 1 guy, he's sitting back giggling with joy (if he's interested in leaving). Two powerful universities with lots of dough in a bidding war for GM, the sky may almost be the limit. Which university will blink first is the question.

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
            Brad Stevens?
            The Butler people I know say his dream job is Indiana, so I don't know if he'd leave the NBA with Crean on the hot seat

Comment

• Here is my uninformed opinion. Texas already has their man. The dance is done, the choice is made and their guy has accepted. It started with the demand of Barnes to make changes, at the exact same time, Texas was securing their next head coach. Once secured, Barnes was done.

I don't know if its Marshall, Smart or Barry Hinson for that matter , but they have their guy. Nothing to see here, just wait for the announcement. Whether or not its Marshall, Wichita State is in good shape.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                Here is my uninformed opinion. Texas already has their man. The dance is done, the choice is made and their guy has accepted. It started with the demand of Barnes to make changes, at the exact same time, Texas was securing their next head coach. Once secured, Barnes was done.

I don't know if its Marshall, Smart or Barry Hinson for that matter , but they have their guy. Nothing to see here, just wait for the announcement. Whether or not its Marshall, Wichita State is in good shape.
                My thoughts exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  Here is my uninformed opinion. Texas already has their man. The dance is done, the choice is made and their guy has accepted. It started with the demand of Barnes to make changes, at the exact same time, Texas was securing their next head coach. Once secured, Barnes was done.

What if FVV and Baker then decide to turn pro? What if the recuits back out?

Lot's of dominos may fall, with Gregg's decision.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Wichita State will have no shortage of candidates should Marshall be the new Texas coach. Assuming Marshall is the man, the line of great candidates will be long. It would also be better to know now if Marshall is leaving, the Final Four is a great place to find your next head coach.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                      What if FVV and Baker then decide to turn pro? What if the recuits back out?

Lot's of dominos may fall, with Gregg's decision.
                      I think ron and fred stay, no doubt. I bet with even more conviction if Gregg leaves. Recruites backing out, though, that worries me.

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
                        Care to explain?
                        Last week when I asked about Alabama. Laughter. When I asked about Texas, serious concern. Today when I asked about Texas they said it's being discussed. I took it to mean that an AD called and maybe trying to secure funds, discuss future items, etc. Never a firm statement was made. More inference on the thought of why would the rich be discussing Texas unless there is an issue at hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          What does this mean?
                          Just answered above. Thanks.

Comment

• If Marshall goes to Texas, I will become a Texas fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                              If Marshall goes to Texas, I will become a Texas fan.
                              On the side... of course

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                                If Marshall goes to Texas, I will become a Texas fan.
                                Growing up in Texas i was a Longhorn fan as a kid. I will never be as big of a Texas fan as i am a Shocker fan. However, i will have NO problem pulling for them in the Big 12 should this happen. Bill Self has to be sweating right now lol
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X