No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd love our bad boy image to stick to our new conference. There's the power 5 and the gritty 1. Just like the power 5 in everything except "upitiness." (And a good tv contract)

Comment

• Looks like Butler's coach, Chris Holtmann will be the Ohio State's new coach.

Hotlmann, 45, takes over for Thad Matta, who was fired by athletic director Gene Smith after 13 seasons in Columbus.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
        Looks like Butler's coach, Chris Holtmann will be the Ohio State's new coach.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2017/06...n_hired_b.html
        Well I guess it's back to football money being more important than basketball tradition.

Comment

• Jeff *******‏
          Verified account
          *@GoodmanESPN 11m
          11 minutes ago

More
          Ohio State has hired Butler’s Chris Holtmann. 8-year deal worth $3 million per season, sources told ESPN

Comment

• good hire, but a shitload of money

Comment

• I'm still confused that they interviewed McDermott first. Was he offered an assistant job? It doesn't make any sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                I'm still confused that they interviewed McDermott first. Was he offered an assistant job? It doesn't make any sense.
                Seriously. If I'm the OSU AD, then Holtmann comes before McDermott on my list, by an order of magnitude.

I actually thought CU might come out of this smelling pretty, with a better coach than Wookie. CU fans are happy when they should actually be a little disappointed. McDermott is clearly a below-average coach, who just so happened to have an NBA player as a son.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                  Well I guess it's back to football money being more important than basketball tradition.
                  Butler may have tradition but they were only paying $1.2 M per year. At the end of the day, the mids have to pay just as much as the big boys if they want to keep up.

Comment

• It looks like we can safely say that the big east is a stepping-stone job for coaches.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      Seriously. If I'm the OSU AD, then Holtmann comes before McDermott on my list, by an order of magnitude.

I actually thought CU might come out of this smelling pretty, with a better coach than Wookie. CU fans are happy when they should actually be a little disappointed. McDermott is clearly a below-average coach, who just so happened to have an NBA player as a son.
                      But the sCUm believe that CU is better than tOSU, when everyone else knows that it is simply Wookie is not good enough for tOSU and the tOSU AD realized it.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
                        Aresco told me otherwise.
                        I like Aresco so far. And I like their marketing attack. But until the American is guaranteed a spot in a NY6 Bowl and becomes part of the autonomous voting bloc, then it is not P6. That is the definition. It has nothing to do with whether the conference is better than one of the P5 conferences. WSU has been better than 70% of P5 basketball teams for 5 years. Doesn't make us P6.

Comment

• I am going to throw this out for discussion. If , suddenly today, HCGM was not the Wichita State Men's basketball coach for whatever reason, and I am not trying to sow bad seeds, who would we want as his replacement?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kochaddict View Post
                            I am going to throw this out for discussion. If , suddenly today, HCGM was not the Wichita State Men's basketball coach for whatever reason, and I am not trying to sow bad seeds, who would we want as his replacement?
                            Lynn Marshall
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kochaddict View Post
                              I am going to throw this out for discussion. If , suddenly today, HCGM was not the Wichita State Men's basketball coach for whatever reason, and I am not trying to sow bad seeds, who would we want as his replacement?
                              I would assume Jans or Forbes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                I like Aresco so far. And I like their marketing attack. But until the American is guaranteed a spot in a NY6 Bowl and becomes part of the autonomous voting bloc, then it is not P6. That is the definition. It has nothing to do with whether the conference is better than one of the P5 conferences. WSU has been better than 70% of P5 basketball teams for 5 years. Doesn't make us P6.
                                If you want to view football as the ticket to the top conferences, you are correct. But I don't view football as what defines WSU and if the AAC is the 3rd or 4th rated conference, I'll take it as a sign of the Shockers arrival on the national scene and validation as one of the power basketball teams and ability to play with the big boys.

Comment

Working...
                                X