The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
    Loved Bob Lutz sub-tweeting Parsons. You can tell who the real reporters are in this town. Way to boost ratings...
    LOL I did, too --- "@bob:lutz: need attention much?"

This makes me think what I've always thought about Sports Daily. There was clearly a big fallout between BH and BL when Bruce left for Tulsa. Makes sense when I listened to the way they handled his departure and the way they act now. There is a rift between Lutz and KWCH.

Sports Daily blows now. I refuse to listen to a show where the host doesn't live here. And I know we all have our issues with Lutz occasionally, but I appreciate him being here. Seems like he has been fair the past few years. I also like his relationship with 3G. Cracks me up.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      What is the link to Jason Kings Twitter?
      not much of anything is on there https://twitter.com/JasonKingBR

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
        LOL I did, too --- "@bob:lutz: need attention much?"

This makes me think what I've always thought about Sports Daily. There was clearly a big fallout between BH and BL when Bruce left for Tulsa. Makes sense when I listened to the way they handled his departure and the way they act now. There is a rift between Lutz and KWCH.

Sports Daily blows now. I refuse to listen to a show where the host doesn't live here. And I know we all have our issues with Lutz occasionally, but I appreciate him being here. Seems like he has been fair the past few years. I also like his relationship with 3G. Cracks me up.
        Savage is worse on radio than Steven was on TV.

Comment

• If I was AD at Memphis, the first guy I would go after is Marshall, not somebody else.

Comment

• Im not the biggest Lutz fan by anymeans but he and Jeff's show on the afternoon is pretty good.

I refuse to listen to Paul Savage
            Bruce has a hot daughter though

1410 just grabs people random people at the Quiktrip and lets them on the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              If I was AD at Memphis, the first guy I would go after is Marshall, not somebody else.
              So that the guy you can realistically land considers himself the second or third choice?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                Im not the biggest Lutz fan by anymeans but he and Jeff's show on the afternoon is pretty good.

I refuse to listen to Paul Savage
                Bruce has a hot daughter though

1410 just grabs people random people at the Quiktrip and lets them on the air.
                KGSO is terrible. I don't understand why we can't have actual sports radio in this town. It's honestly embarrassing.

Comment

• This thread has it all: troll feeding, links to dumb tweets from bad sports journalists, posts by KC Shox, rampant poorly substantiated speculation, and a pissing contest by fanbases of two programs that have essentially the same cachet.

If it weren't for its potential to be as entertaining as a bad Jerry Springer episode, I'd say this thing needs to be put out of its misery.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• One thing I keep reading on Memphis boards that I don't understand is the assistant thing. Memphis hired an assistant in order to get commitment from his son's (Lawson i think). Many people are mentioning that they would expect that it would be part of the offer that he stays on. I really can't see Marshall allowing them to not only pick an assistant for him, but for him to have a players parent as an assistant. I can just see that ending very badly.

Comment

KGSO is terrible. I don't understand why we can't have actual sports radio in this town. It's honestly embarrassing.
                      Because Wichita is a tertiary market with only one real local sports story (WSU basketball). Regional pro and college sports are covered by the major markets in which they are based.

Edit: and they have unlimited range with internet streaming, so a Chiefs fan on assignment in Singapore can tune in and call in to the local KC shows.
                      Last edited by BOBB; April 11, 2016, 09:36 AM.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• All Memphis fans will be banned from here going forward. Bunch of garbage fans just trying to stir some **** up.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                          Because Wichita is a tertiary market with only one real local sports story (WSU basketball). Regional pro and college sports are covered by the major markets in which they are based.
                          Omaha, Tulsa, Des Moines -- all sizes similar to ours. I would bet all have better sports radio. I know Tulsa has a station with real actual radio talent there, talking about local things all day. No reason why Wichita couldn't be the same. I could argue Wichita is more sports centric than Tulsa. Wichita State is far more of a draw than anything that happens in Tulsa city limits.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                            All Memphis fans will be banned from here going forward. Bunch of garbage fans just trying to stir some **** up.
                            Well, this thread is going to dry up real quick then!

Comment

Omaha, Tulsa, Des Moines -- all sizes similar to ours. I would bet all have better sports radio. I know Tulsa has a station with real actual radio talent there, talking about local things all day. No reason why Wichita couldn't be the same. I could argue Wichita is more sports centric than Tulsa. Wichita State is far more of a draw than anything that happens in Tulsa city limits.
                              Springfield has a great sports talk radio station. They cover everything from local high school basketball to MSU athletics.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                KWCH is sewer garbage now. In complete 100% honesty, I have not tuned into that station in well over 2 years.
                                Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                KWCH was the best Wichita newscast for years and years, but for some reason have turned into a TV tabloid - across nearly all facets. Who knows why, but their journalistic integrity is very low.

If I haven't fallen asleep, nor found myself highly interested in a late-night infomercial, then I might watch Sports Sunday. Maybe. Or I might trim my toenails.
                                I have no problem with KWCH News and Weather. Roger, Cindy and the rest are solid, Merrill and Ross are good. After the Weather I simply turn over to Big Bang reruns. Works for me.
                                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X