The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
    I believe it when people say HCGM will not leave for another school, but I also believe he would leave for the NBA.
    I don't think Gregg is a NBA guy though. I just don't see how he handles prima donnas in the locker room. At WSU you either get along or get gone. Too big for the program, adios. Don't want to rebound, have a seat on the bench. Don't want to hustle for a loose ball, have a seat. Boatright isn't down there saying "We have X invested in this guy, he gets minutes, stop benching him." He goes and coaches in the NBA and the GM/Owner gets their 2 cents and maybe more.

However, I think it'd be fun to see what Gregg could do in the NBA, but I just don't see it happening.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Frankly, I'm just not sure why anyone would want a coach that isn't even the coach of the year in the crappy Missouri Valley.

Barry Hinson is the real prize.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
        I don't think Gregg is a NBA guy though. I just don't see how he handles prima donnas in the locker room. At WSU you either get along or get gone. Too big for the program, adios. Don't want to rebound, have a seat on the bench. Don't want to hustle for a loose ball, have a seat. Boatright isn't down there saying "We have X invested in this guy, he gets minutes, stop benching him." He goes and coaches in the NBA and the GM/Owner gets their 2 cents and maybe more.

However, I think it'd be fun to see what Gregg could do in the NBA, but I just don't see it happening.
        There is a Greg in the NBA thats done pretty well for himself and pretty much does what he wants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
          Yes, their board is full of optimism. Turgeon? Claim what they will about Wichita State, we do have the Valley, but Maryland? The thought is laughable. Maryland is a top 15 program and I would guess Mark will be there unless BS decides to leave. Vandy on the same level as Wichita State, whatever; Vandy on the same level as Maryland, lmao.
          I don't think Mark will ever coach at KU.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
            There is a Greg in the NBA thats done pretty well for himself and pretty much does what he wants.
            I think you are overstating Greg Oden's career.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
              I don't think Mark will ever coach at KU.
              KU would never hire a former WSU coach ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                KU would never hire a former WSU coach ...
                But if Self was to leave, the Marshall to KU talk on their boards would be hilarious.

Comment

• I kinda hope Vandy extends their search. Their board is amazingly comical. They are discussing Chris Mack now, and honestly rationalizing that Vandy is a step up from Xavier ....

"Dores311 wrote:Chris Mack is coaching at his alma mater and was a #2 seed in the NCAA Tournament this year. I highly doubt he would make the move, lateral at best, to Vanderbilt. "
                  The former may be enough, but I don't believe the latter for a second. A move from Xavier to one of the best 15-20 universities in the country, in the best athletic conference in amateur sports, is not a lateral move, regardless of the recent comparative successes of the two programs (same goes for VCU and Wichita St).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                    Why is Georgia Tech so high on that list @SHURTZtheHERTZ? They have had losing records most years ever since Jerrett Jack left in 2005, and only have 2 NCAA appearances, as 10 seeds both times, in the 11 years since. This past year they made the NIT with a ton of seniors. When your peak year with a bunch of seniors only equals 21-15 and the NIT, you aren't a strong program. Pitt goes to the NCAAs almost every year. Why is GT a better program?
                    Stallings knocked Pitt down my list! ;D

Honestly, I could have switched the two. I just think GT could be better potentially, depending on the hire.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Frankly, I'm just not sure why anyone would want a coach that isn't even the coach of the year in the crappy Missouri Valley.

Barry Hinson is the real prize.
                      He probably won't admit it but thats the reason he would leave. MVC is driving Gregg nuts. You have to win 24-27 games to get a 10-11 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                        He probably won't admit it but thats the reason he would leave. MVC is driving Gregg nuts. You have to win 24-27 games to get a 10-11 seed.
                        you have to win 24-27 games if you completely tank your OOC schedule to get a 10-11 seed. If you win the majority of your OOC, you are a 4-7 seed

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                          Dumb.

Comment

I kinda hope Vandy extends their search. Their board is amazingly comical. They are discussing Chris Mack now, and honestly rationalizing that Vandy is a step up from Xavier ....
                            What idiots. We are talking about basketball, not football. Yes, the SEC has money, but when it comes to basketball, the SEC is closer to a midmajor than a P5, outside of Kentucky. Compared to the New Big East, since the split, the SEC still hasn't even been close. This year the SEC barely even got 3 teams.

Comment

you have to win 24-27 games if you completely tank your OOC schedule to get a 10-11 seed. If you win the majority of your OOC, you are a 4-7 seed

And then when you lose to a N. Iowa it's considered a bad loss that pushes you into a play-in game.

That is a worriesome proposition. Totally wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                                And then when you lose to a N. Iowa it's considered a bad loss that pushes you into a play-in game.

That is a worriesome proposition. Totally wrong.
                                Incorrect .. you don't tank your OOC and you lose to UNI twice and ISUr once ..you are a 4-7 seed. You tank your OOC AND lose to UNI twice and ISUr once you are in the play-in game.

We lost to UNI and ISUr last year, but didn't have a good or bad OOC (relatively, we had a bad loss and really no good wins) and got a 7 seed. No where near the play in game.

Comment

Working...
                                X