The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    lmao @ Jenn Bates making fun of Vandy people when she was expecting Gregg to Mizzou. Is she lobbying for a move back to sports? Dani to KC, Kunkel to cover KU, Bates to cover WSU?
    Nah. She's a converted Shocker fan now. I see her at the games all the time.

Comment

• Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanESPN · 8h8 hours ago

A strong case can be made that VCU is a better job than Vanderbilt. Have chance to win league every year, get kids in easy, terrific support

Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanESPN · 8h8 hours ago

VCU athletic director Ed McLaughlin told ESPN that Will Wade has agreed to a new 8-year deal thru 2024. Had interest from Vanderbilt.

Comment

• Official contact has been reported in the media with a first year coach (Wade, HC @ VCU), and a loser retread (Capel, Asst @ Duke), but if those guys don't work out then - oh boy, watch out - Vandy is coming after Marshall with a Brinks truck.

Does that pretty much encapsulate today's news in the world of Vandy fans? Seems kind of like wiping before taking a deuce, but that's just me.

Oh... and their booster's plane is still sitting at Eisenhower - likely in a service bay at the Citation service center.

You'd think a school with such an academic stature would produce alumni with more refined critical thinking skills.
        Last edited by SHOCKvalue; March 29, 2016, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• So you smoke Vandy in the NCAA tourney and they think he'd be interested? Okay.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            Nah. She's a converted Shocker fan now. I see her at the games all the time.
            Bet she's rooting for the othere guys... :ranting2:

Comment

• Kinda sucks for VCU that Wade was able to extort a deal through 2024 because Vanderbilt sucks bad enough to go all in on a first year coach.

Comment

• Fogler is doing the coaching search for Vandy AD - I wonder if he might hire himself?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                  I agree that if he leaves it won't be because of money. I'm more concerned because he can't stand to be in Elgin's Valley of Even Bottom Dwellers any longer. I'd have to agree with something I've read on some other thread that HC3G will be out of the Valley in the next few years. I just hope it's because WSU has moved out of the Valley. I don't agree with the let him walk attitude though. If it's about money, then that may be the right answer, but most of us believe that will not be the case. Anything else we can do to keep he and his family happy in Wichita, we should do. When you have a top 5 coach in the country (top 1 in my opinion), you don't just "let him walk" if you can help it.
                  ...and Bardo is smart to explore other conference options as a result. I think both he and Marshall see the writing on the MVC wall.

Comment

• ugh... even stupid ass KU fans on another car forum I post on think the "cupboard" is bare and he lost his only reason to stay (FVV and Baker). I explained Vandy is a downgrade, he has best recruiting class right now, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                      Kinda sucks for VCU that Wade was able to extort a deal through 2024 because Vanderbilt sucks bad enough to go all in on a first year coach.
                      Well he did do something Shaka never did... Like actually win the conference.

Comment

• Interesting read...

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                          lmao @ Jenn Bates making fun of Vandy people when she was expecting Gregg to Mizzou. Is she lobbying for a move back to sports? Dani to KC, Kunkel to cover KU, Bates to cover WSU?
                          That station is a dumpster fire.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• These Vandy fans are really, really setting themselves up...

It should be a fun show to watch when things come crashing back down to earth.
                            Last edited by ShockerFever; March 29, 2016, 11:22 PM.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Is Vandy actually considered a decent job or is it just their fans being obnoxious? If they had the same records last season I would probably consider Georgia Tech a better job, Vandy probably only gets the edge since it's not a rebuilding job like GT is.

Comment

• Vandy should hire Muller...seriously....please???
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X