The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post

Meanwhile, guys like Marshall, Few, even Jacobsen, start looking like enviable geniuses and they may just change the way jobs are looked at as more coaches start imitating what they chose to do instead of following the typical "big money always wins" thing.
    I wouldn't put Jacobsen in that class. So, we have Few, Marshall....and well Few and Marshall that haven't jumped ship. So I'm not convinced more coaches will start staying like Marshall and Few are doing. There have been several articles suggesting coaches at smaller programs are going to start staying put. But we are down to two that have.
    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      How delusional can this guy be?
      "You mean water polo isn't a cash cow"
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
        "You mean water polo isn't a cash cow"
        http://www.utexas.edu/longhornaquati...ams/waterpolo/
        That doesn't look like a UT AD sport. Looks sort of like a club sport, like bowling or rowing at WSU.

Comment

• I guess if you hire an AD that has nothing but pro front office experience, then what else should you expect?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• If the football team continues to struggle he is toast.

Comment

• Seemed like the appropriate thread to bump. Will Kunkel is tweeting details of Marshall's contract. Anyone here able to get a copy? So far all he has said is 500k buyout that decreases 100k a year and that there are several performance bonuses involved (up to 622k in bonuses)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Seemed like the appropriate thread to bump. Will Kunkel is tweeting details of Marshall's contract. Anyone here able to get a copy? So far all he has said is 500k buyout that decreases 100k a year and that there are several performance bonuses involved (up to 622k in bonuses)

https://twitter.com/KWCHWill/status/651126618937683968
                KWCH posted a link to the whole thing: http://www.kwch.com/blob/view/-/3566...l-contract.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                  KWCH posted a link to the whole thing: http://www.kwch.com/blob/view/-/3566...l-contract.pdf
                  If I'm reading that right, Could be up to 4.2 million if he activates all bonuses after his base gets bumped to 3.5 million. SOOOOO Mid-Major

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Seemed like the appropriate thread to bump. Will Kunkel is tweeting details of Marshall's contract. Anyone here able to get a copy? So far all he has said is 500k buyout that decreases 100k a year and that there are several performance bonuses involved (up to 622k in bonuses)
                    Buyout? Why in the world would fans even think about the cost of a buyout? I'm guessing fans want a "I will die a Shocker" part of the contract. Or something close to it.

Comment

• I get a best case, liquid cash total (for one year, in years 3-6 of contract) of $4,338,000, not including the entertainment stipend.

The $623K for 3 assistants and DOBO is also a notable increase, I do believe.

The low buyout shouldn't surprise anyone, least a professional journalist who works the home market and has assumedly been following along.

Comment

• BREAKING:

Marshall to Texas. It's a done deal

Comment

• I find paragraph 3.4.8 interesting...

Comment

• Section 4.1.5 says his website "Marshallhoops.com," but when I tried to access that site, HugeDomains says it is for sale for $1695.
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                              Section 4.1.5 says his website "Marshallhoops.com," but when I tried to access that site, HugeDomains says it is for sale for $1695.
                              I'll buy it!

Oh wait, this isn't Monopoly. Nevermind.

Comment

• Illustrative examples of possible income via new contract:

Replication of 2012-2013 season:
                                Y1-Y3 of new contract - $3,480,000
                                Y4-Y6 of new contract - $3,980,000

Replication of 2013-2014 season:
                                Y1-Y3 - $3,298,000
                                Y4-Y6 - $3,798,000

Replication of 2014-2015 season:
                                Y1-Y3 - $3,265,000
                                Y4-Y6 - $3,765,000

And just for sheets and giggles, the TOTAL individual program revenues in men's basketball for our MVC conference mates:

Bradley - $3,677,011
                                Drake - $2,225,307
                                Evansville - $2,333,159
                                ISUb - $2,082,617
                                ISUr - $2,152,271
                                Loyola - $2,198,837
                                Missouri State - $2,221,202
                                SIU - $1,723,156
                                UNI - $2,335,684

Edited to add link for MBB revenue source.
                                Last edited by SHOCKvalue; October 5, 2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X