The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sabretooth View Post
    But I didn't say they weren't. I just said Memphis was a better job.
    That's crazy talk. UCONN's MBB history absolutely destroys UM's, and their athletic department has nearly twice the budget. UCONN is the most logical mover to a P5 spot out of the AAC, and it is not even close. HUGE dropoff after UCONN.

Comment

Gary is a national basketball writer who also has a local radio show. He's brutally honest with Tiger fans... which is why I believe him.
      He is also not close to Marshall...soooo

Comment

Yet no coach in the country without ties to Memphis would agree. It isn't a better job. Not even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
          Go and look at the recruiting sites. Marshall offers to 4 and 5 star guys every year. Most of them just elect to go elsewhere.

Yes, he doesn't put much stock in rating systems. That doesn't mean that many of the recruits he covets aren't rated 4 and 5 stars by those metrics.
          It's not a shock that Jhook's world view is that Wichita and Wichita State cannot keep pace with other cities and universities. He's consistent with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
            Go look at Memphis recruiting and try to justify Memphis not being a good job. Pastner was able to get 4 and 5 star guys fairly easily. Imagine what Marshall could do there... IMO Memphis is WSU in a better conference. Where they are now is the position WSU is striving to be in. Gregg Marshall could win a Championship at Memphis.
            Marshall was a game and 5 minutes away from winning a championship here.

Some of you guys are real ignorant douchenozzles.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post
              I don't live in that fantasy land...Memphis' 1985 and 2008 runs happened...so did the michigan fab five...Cal/Camby's run at UMass...vacating is a silly punishment, but i'm glad they do it, it's like a slap on the wrist.
              Fantasyland would be doing something nobody else can do, winning something because of that, and then acting like nothing ever happened.
              Last edited by ShockerFever; April 8, 2016, 07:44 PM.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                That's crazy talk. UCONN's MBB history absolutely destroys UM's, and their athletic department has nearly twice the budget. UCONN is the most logical mover to a P5 spot out of the AAC, and it is not even close. HUGE dropoff after UCONN.
                UCONN's athletic budget is not twice Memphis'. It's been closer to 10-12 million more. Memphis' was 50+ mil last year. UCONN's is usually around 60-65.

Comment

I don't have an inside, but Gary Parrish the writer at CBS, is a Memphian and has been on local radio today saying as much. His bud, Jeff *******, has said as much, as well. We'll see.
                  So you have two biased sports guys who have obvious crushes on Memphis that are telling the tale of the tape. And everyone is just supposed to side with them because they write for CBS?

Got it.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Josh was not a good coach.
                    This is true.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

UCONN's athletic budget is not twice Memphis'. It's been closer to 10-12 million more. Memphis' was 50+ mil last year. UCONN's is usually around 60-65.
                      Can lead a horse to water, but...

Again:

Memphis Revenues - $41,420,631

UCONN Revenues - $72,155,789

To reiterate, that source is used by any media member or entity that's trying.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        It's not a shock that Jhook's world view is that Wichita and Wichita State cannot keep pace with other cities and universities. He's consistent with this.
                        He's a Houston guy now. BIG TIME.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

With logic like this, I'm not sure any intelligent conversation can go on much further.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Message board pissing contests are a waste of time, it isn't up to any fan ,other than to make them feel better, to say which program is a good or bad fit. Gregg and family will decide. I imagine who ever will get him would have to pay a top 5 salary and 4 of those 5 have won a national championship. We will see...

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                              Kentucky is to Memphis what Memphis is to Wichita State

lol
                              Originally posted by Sabretooth View Post
                              Its just called reality when a better situation comes along. Memphis is a top 20 job. The fans at UCONN might argue, but its really the best gig in its conference in terms of fan base, facilities and access to talent; and with the right coach, its a program that can consistently be a nationally relevant program. Your coach knows this and its why he let a certain journalist at CBS Sportsline know he'd be interested if the interest were truly reciprocal. Now, it could be just another ploy to help keep himself in the spotlight... and coaches consistently use that tactic... but we'll know in the next week if there is anything to it.
                              Anyone with a new account making this argument on the WSU board should seriously consider reviewing the board policy on trolling.

Comment

• What we are seeing here yet again is another cute cycle. Vandy fans were prancing around a week ago, with the same bullshit. After another week, Memphis fans will move on again and forget all the things they said here.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X