No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason King on Between the Lines today talking about Marshall staying. Good Stuff.

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Two Alabama basketball signees and one former commitment reacted calmly Thursday afternoon to the news that the Crimson Tide had missed on top candidate Gregg Marshall.

Marshall decided late Wednesday night to stay at Wichita State and not replace Anthony Grant at Alabama. Grant was fired two weeks ago.

"I wasn't shocked," said Theodore's Dazon Ingram, who de-committed the day after Grant's firing was announced. "Coach Marshall came to visit me at home in November, and he told me then it didn't matter what college offered or how much they paid, he wasn't leaving Wichita. In the end, he stayed true to his word."

Signees Brandon Austin of Carver and Donta' Hall of Luverne say they weren't surprised by Gregg Marshall's decision to stay at Wichita

I know every coach probably says that, but interesting to me none the less.
      Wichita State also remains in consideration for his services.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Two Alabama basketball signees and one former commitment reacted calmly Thursday afternoon to the news that the Crimson Tide had missed on top candidate Gregg Marshall.

Marshall decided late Wednesday night to stay at Wichita State and not replace Anthony Grant at Alabama. Grant was fired two weeks ago.

"I wasn't shocked," said Theodore's Dazon Ingram, who de-committed the day after Grant's firing was announced. "Coach Marshall came to visit me at home in November, and he told me then it didn't matter what college offered or how much they paid, he wasn't leaving Wichita. In the end, he stayed true to his word."

Signees Brandon Austin of Carver and Donta' Hall of Luverne say they weren't surprised by Gregg Marshall's decision to stay at Wichita

I know every coach probably says that, but interesting to me none the less.
        Is it too late to take the money back? :05.18-flustered:

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
          I wonder how many Alabama players come with the package deal of Anthony Grant?
          I'll go ahead and complete this picture. I saw that Dazon Ingram decomitted when Grant was fired. How many players come with the package deal of Anthony Grant?… And how awesome could that be for SIU or Bradley right now... I'd say for WSU but I'm not sure we have room for anything other than a 6'10" center.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
            Wrong thread, but Shaka currently holding a team meeting at VCU
            I bet it's not for reviewing class requirements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
              I'll take back what I said if staying in the Valley is because of a scenario like this. UNI can't be the only program that steps up, we need at least one or two others that "get it"--even if that means adding them. I believe UAB gets it. Belmont would be a nice bridge between the cluster of Illinois schools and UAB. Just sayin'.
              If by stepping up you mean dedication of decent financial resources then Bradley has pretty well been there for a while. Clear #2 in the MVC in this regard. They just swung and missed with Les and Ford.

Comment

• Here's to hoping this thread gets "retired" due to lack of use in the future!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                  Wrong thread, but Shaka currently holding a team meeting at VCU
                  He's taking them to the strip club?

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                    Here's to hoping this thread gets "retired" due to lack of use in the future!
                    I hope it doesn't get retired! We need it to talk about all the amazing things HCGM is going to do for Wichita State. Let's start with that National Title..

Comment

• Looks like Shaka is going to UT. Sad for VCU.

@ColemanESPN: Happy for #ShakaSmart but sad for VCU...I know it's part of the game, but...
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by The Coach View Post
                        Relax, folks.

We're working on some stuff about Marshall's deal, and if what we're hearing is true, he will retire here. Believe me.

http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/b...o-stay-in.html
                        I'm still waitin to hear this..

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                          Looks like Shaka is going to UT. Sad for VCU.

@ColemanESPN: Happy for #ShakaSmart but sad for VCU...I know it's part of the game, but...
                          Sucks.. Hope Shaka doesn't regret it...

Hopefully Anthony Grant returns to VCU.

Maybe we can land a home and home with the Rams now... :-)

Comment

• Maybe if VCU had a budget to pay players like Wichita State does Shaka would have stayed.

vcuramnation.com forums are down, btw. Thank you to to @_kai_: for keeping ShockerNet up throughout our whole ordeal. It dropped on me a few times but it was always for only a few seconds.

Comment

• I'm glad Shaka is gone. When VCU fans started disparaging GM (over Carl Hall) and insinuating under the table dealings as the reason why CH chose WSU over them, I had it with VCU.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                                I'm glad Shaka is gone. When VCU fans started disparaging GM (over Carl Hall) and insinuating under the table dealings as the reason why CH chose WSU over them, I had it with VCU.
                                Yah, my sympathy level for them is pretty low.

Have fun being Havocless, VCU.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X