Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
    Jeff Borzello ‏@jeff:borzello 4m4 minutes ago
    Yep. RT @ESPNAndyKatz: Sources: Donovan eyes jump to NBA http://es.pn/1DAg1BN
    Shaka?
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
      Gregg would lose 100% cred if he even sniffed at Florida this year.
      No, I mean Billy Donovan signed a new one last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTop View Post
        No, I mean Billy Donovan signed a new one last night.
        The extension was agreed upon last summer and signed in December. It just became public last night after the local paper filed an open records request.

Only a $500,000 buyout, very real possibility Donovan goes to the NBA this off season.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
          Gregg would lose 100% cred if he even sniffed at Florida this year.
          I don't think HCGM would even consider at this point. I should have commented when I posted, but I think the timing could not have been better for us with this Alabama/Texas situation being put to bed. Coach has no emotional energy for entertaining any more offers (this year) unless Kentucky, NC, or Duke called... Secondly, Florida is came off a losing season, which makes them a rebuild job in the short run.

The real target for worry now is Kentucky. Calipari is reportedly itching to get back to the NBA as well. If he were to jump right after winning a NC (anytime in the next 3 months), then we might have something to worry about unless Donovan was interested or their AD is as dumb as Patterson at Texas... And it is a remote worry....
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
            I don't think HCGM would even consider at this point. I should have commented when I posted, but I think the timing could not have been better for us with this Alabama/Texas situation being put to bed. Coach has no emotional energy for entertaining any more offers (this year) unless Kentucky, NC, or Duke called... Secondly, Florida is came off a losing season, which makes them a rebuild job in the short run.

The real target for worry now is Kentucky. Calipari is reportedly itching to get back to the NBA as well. If he were to jump right after winning a NC (anytime in the next 3 months), then we might have something to worry about unless Donovan was interested or their AD is as dumb as Patterson at Texas... And it is a remote worry....
            If Calipari left right after this season, I see a situation similar to the Gillespie "years". Someone comes in for a little while following a successful predecessor, doesn't get the job done (also pisses off alumni and fanbase), therefore rendering UK irrelevant for a couple of years and is consequently fired. Marshall is offered.

Comment

• Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
              If Calipari left right after this season, I see a situation similar to the Gillespie "years". Someone comes in for a little while following a successful predecessor, doesn't get the job done (also pisses off alumni and fanbase), therefore rendering UK irrelevant for a couple of years and is consequently fired. Marshall is offered.
              So like Pastner at Memphis?
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I know it's Kentucky, and it wouldn't be much of a rebuild, but don't they have a bunch of one and dones combined with the seniors? That's a short recruiting summer with a bunch of spots to fill.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  So like Pastner at Memphis?
                  I guess. I just don't get the sense that Memphis is as restless as UK (i.e. Pastner gets a little longer leash following the trail of crap left in Calipari's wake).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockMe300 View Post
                    I know it's Kentucky, and it wouldn't be much of a rebuild, but don't they have a bunch of one and dones combined with the seniors? That's a short recruiting summer with a bunch of spots to fill.
                    Depends who comes back but they could be loaded again next year. The twins will be juniors, they should also have dakari johnson, poythress and marcus lee. That's a pretty solid core group.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                      If your logic were right, then Marshall wouldn't be the highest paid college basketball coach at a school that doesn't have football. All of the highest paid coaches would be at schools that don't have football.
                      As was said, boosters are just one source of revenue.

I'm just saying, not having a football coach allows the boosters we have to concentrate their resources to basketball.

If there are major basketball programs without football that don't pay what we pay, maybe they should step their game up.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

• It definitely doesn't warrant its own thread, but I'll figure I'll post it in here, but from March 2 to April 2 ShockerNet had 1.7 million page views. Close to 400k just in the last 3 or so days.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Depends who comes back but they could be loaded again next year. The twins will be juniors, they should also have dakari johnson, poythress and marcus lee. That's a pretty solid core group.
                          I don't think the twins come back. They're always going to be good under coach Cal by the time March comes around. But I don't expect them to be as dominant as this year's team was for a while -- at least I sure hope...

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                            It definitely doesn't warrant its own thread, but I'll figure I'll post it in here, but from March 2 to April 2 ShockerNet had 1.7 million page views. Close to 400k just in the last 3 or so days.
                            Just as telling, in my opinion, is that SN set a record for individual users on at the same time last night at over 1,000 for Marshall's announced return. The previous was 730ish when we made the Final 4. That says a TON.

Comment

• Relax, folks.

We're working on some stuff about Marshall's deal, and if what we're hearing is true, he will retire here. Believe me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Coach View Post
                                Relax, folks.

We're working on some stuff about Marshall's deal, and if what we're hearing is true, he will retire here. Believe me.

http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/b...o-stay-in.html
                                Let's name the ShockerNet Hall of Fame in honor of The Coach. Or we could have a "The Coach Poster of the Year" award. Kai, let's make this happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X