The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
    I am beginning to think this whole ordeal will actually serve to raise our recruiting profile. This gives us a huge perception of stability now.#InGreggITrust
    Agreed.. We are no longer "mid major", very few schools have the money to throw at Gregg now

Comment

• 100 pages!? Who will get the top post!?

Comment

• We've come a long ways from paying Mike Cohen $70,000, si?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
          I am beginning to think this whole ordeal will actually serve to raise our recruiting profile. This gives us a huge perception of stability now.#InGreggITrust
          True Dat!This was a marketing coup
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Marshall is making more than Turgeon now
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• I bet all employers, including Koch Industries, are happy this is behind us. Now their employees can go back to working!

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                We've come a long ways from paying Mike Cohen $70,000, si?
                I mathed this a bit, and Gregg is making 4714% more than Mike Cohen did. Related: accounting for inflation is for nerds.

Comment

• Something tells me that cost of living adjusted, Marshall may have just found himself in the top 5. No firm numbers, but dang that is a lot of money for coaching a sport...going to go talk to the parents of the soccer team I volunteer coach and see if they value me at this same level...

Comment

• I'll bet deep inside that brain of his, when Gregg told Rome about a "crazy offer" he didn't think that was going to come from his current employer.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                      Kellen Marshall ‏@KelMoney24 52s52 seconds ago Hope my "source" helps put an end to this endless string of (sometimes false) rumors. My family & I are so happy to stay in #ShockerNation
                      He had the best source there is, his dad.

Comment

• Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
                        Being frustrated with this circus is not a mistake as far as I'm concerned. I believe the general sentiment was that IF these reports were legit and IF he got on that plane with a reasonable offer from WSU then folks would be pissed and it's time to move on. I'm ecstatic that this wasn't the case but after the roller coaster ride we've been on for the last 48 hours it's only reasonable that tension will be high. I speak for myself but I love this program and probably invest too much emotion into it at times. THAT is why I stand behind my feelings that if we are being used as leverage then we need to move on. All of that said, I couldn't be happier that he isn't getting on that plane.
                        In the future, we may see a spike in publicity from all of this. Obviously, President Bardo, and others know the importance of Gregg to the future plans for growth at WSU and showed up with the money. The publicity from Katz and others from this may be another successful marketing incident even if it wasn't intended to be so. Gregg and WSU have been on the national news for this entire week. You bundle that with the IU and KU wins and we've been in the national news for several weeks. It's a great time to be a Shocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                          Lol, Whatever Bart....Keep drinking the koolaide, I'm a Marshall fan but he is not playing this out very well and IMO he wants to move on......I don't fault him he just needs to do it.
                          I'm back...

and.. BUMP.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Thank god we have one coach who can beat KU

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Congratulations and thank you to AD Eric Sexton, President John Bardo, our big money supporters and to the Shocker players.

Extremely pleased with this result and so very thankful that Coach Marshall and his family will continue to lead our Men's basketball program.

I so very much wanted Gregg to become the all-time winningest Shocker men's basketball coach and now it looks like that is going to happen.

Great day to be a Shocker.
                              I second this!! BIG TIME!!!
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                                You aren't my daddy. Quit preaching. Go chill.
                                Don't take a shot at me and be a wimp about it, kid.
                                Last edited by Rlh04d; April 1, 2015, 10:46 PM.
                                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                                X