No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason King ‏@JasonKingBR 51s51 seconds ago Marshall held individual meetings w/ some players this week and a source told Bleacher Report that Marshall's mood was "business as usual."

Comment

• Guys, I take that bullcrap about not believing national guys back. Jason is totally legit.

Comment

• @JasonKingBR: Marshall held individual meetings w/ some players this week and a source told Bleacher Report that Marshall's mood was "business as usual."
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• @JasonKingBR: Marshall held individual meetings w/ some players this week and a source told Bleacher Report that Marshall's mood was "business as usual."p
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
            Jeez guys, what does Gregg owe you? WSU fans have given him great support and he has given us 8 amazing years (so far). I don't think he owes us anything. He owes his family much more than he owes us. If not being in Wichita is what his best for his family, then I will be happy for him and be excited for the next guy.

All this talk that Gregg is bigger than the program is crap. What exactly makes someone bigger than the program? That he is generating headlines? He was generating headlines before he even talked to Alabama. Even then, it is a headline with Wichita State talked about. Any press is good press.

What exactly makes a program? The coaches? The players? The staff? To me, all of these things are a pieces of what makes a program. The biggest piece for Wichita State's program will and will always be the fans. What makes this program special is the stories we all share. In the thread about our favorite Shocker players, we mentioned Jason Perez quite frequently. We were awful while he was here. Then the program was defined by a committed fan base. When Marshall is gone and we have had many new coaches, our fans will still continue to carry the banner of Wichita State. The fan support will remain and continue to define what makes Wichita State special. Winning is great and addicting. But plenty of teams have won, and won more the Wichita State. But our support is unique, through good times and bad. We are hungry, I hope we always stay hungry. It leads us to be frustrated with Marshall, in his latest courtship. But we are bigger than the wins and losses he provides. We are constant, the monolith pillar in the Wichita State program.

The memories and stories we share will last longer than any coach or player. Till my dying day, I will remember starting the undefeated chant at the 31-0 game. I will remember sitting in the top row for the Matt Brauer game. I will remember splitting a six-pack after being pissed at getting swept by Evansville. I will remember making friends on this board to find someone to watch games with after moving to Texas. These things are going to last forever. That's what makes Wichita State such a special, special place.

I get that some of you don't want the ride to end, and regardless of what Marshall chooses, it won't end. What happens on the court helps to spark these memories, but we are the wood that burns these events into memories. Being a sports fan is a sense of community. Damnit, I can't think of a community I would rather be in.

Go Shockers!
            I agree he doesn't owe me or any other WSU fan a thing, he has worked his a$$ off every year and each year of his 8 has been better than the year b4. My point, just make the decision. IMO he wants to coach in a P5 conference..... so do it, where ever he goes they will be my second favorite team. It's like he is afraid to hurt our feelings or something...just nut up and do it...

Comment

• @JasonKingBR: Marshall met w/ Alabama's AD earlier this week & reports today indicated he would tour Tuscaloosa Friday. But Marshall will remain a Shocker

Comment

• Dear lord, please let this roller coaster ride end; no, I'm not worthy.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• lets see if jason king is actually correct for once

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                    @JasonKingBR: Source close to Gregg Marshall has informed Bleacher Report that the coach is staying at Wichita State. Won't go to Alabama.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• If some of you were focused on enjoying the ride instead of having constant anxiety attacks this day would have been a heck of a lot more entertaining for you. I'm having a blast right now.

Comment

• @JasonKingBR: Source close to Gregg Marshall has informed Bleacher Report that the coach is staying at Wichita State. Won't go to Alabama.
                        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
                          Jeez guys, what does Gregg owe you? WSU fans have given him great support and he has given us 8 amazing years (so far). I don't think he owes us anything. He owes his family much more than he owes us. If not being in Wichita is what his best for his family, then I will be happy for him and be excited for the next guy.

All this talk that Gregg is bigger than the program is crap. What exactly makes someone bigger than the program? That he is generating headlines? He was generating headlines before he even talked to Alabama. Even then, it is a headline with Wichita State talked about. Any press is good press.

What exactly makes a program? The coaches? The players? The staff? To me, all of these things are a pieces of what makes a program. The biggest piece for Wichita State's program will and will always be the fans. What makes this program special is the stories we all share. In the thread about our favorite Shocker players, we mentioned Jason Perez quite frequently. We were awful while he was here. Then the program was defined by a committed fan base. When Marshall is gone and we have had many new coaches, our fans will still continue to carry the banner of Wichita State. The fan support will remain and continue to define what makes Wichita State special. Winning is great and addicting. But plenty of teams have won, and won more the Wichita State. But our support is unique, through good times and bad. We are hungry, I hope we always stay hungry. It leads us to be frustrated with Marshall, in his latest courtship. But we are bigger than the wins and losses he provides. We are constant, the monolith pillar in the Wichita State program.

The memories and stories we share will last longer than any coach or player. Till my dying day, I will remember starting the undefeated chant at the 31-0 game. I will remember sitting in the top row for the Matt Brauer game. I will remember splitting a six-pack after being pissed at getting swept by Evansville. I will remember making friends on this board to find someone to watch games with after moving to Texas. These things are going to last forever. That's what makes Wichita State such a special, special place.

I get that some of you don't want the ride to end, and regardless of what Marshall chooses, it won't end. What happens on the court helps to spark these memories, but we are the wood that burns these events into memories. Being a sports fan is a sense of community. Damnit, I can't think of a community I would rather be in.

Go Shockers!
                          This is amazing. Thank you for reminding us what is really important. Couldn't agree more!

Comment

• All for a productive work day tomorrow raise your hand and say yes.

Comment

• @EnthusiAdams: @ESPNCBB Gregg Marshall has agreed to a 7 year agreement to stay as the head basketball coach at Wichita State.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                                @JasonKingBR: Source close to Gregg Marshall has informed Bleacher Report that the coach is staying at Wichita State. Won't go to Alabama.
                                This thread took a real nasty turn for the worse this evening with some people's irrational knee jerk reactions. Good God, people.

Now, whom do you believe? The guy who said a week ago that Marshall told Alabama to buzz off, or the guy who lives in KC and has close ties to this program? If I had to put money on it, King has my vote of confidence.
                                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                                X