The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
    He didn't say HCGM was weirdo...anyway a positive interview that he passes on Bama.
    To be fair ... He is.

Comment

• ADES (Is he looking at things to sweeten HCGM compensation)

I was examining the same NCAA Coaches Salary List, and as we all know, he's in the Top 25. Perhaps Gregg is waiting to see what ADES is going to do to give him a bump in salary. It would be wise if they increased his salary to $2.5 or $2.8M. and then with Bonus Incentives it would total close to $3M. This way, we have him closer to the market price and in the Top 10 of the highest paid.

You look at Steve Alford ($2.6M), and Buzz Williams ($2.8M). Both have had strung some good wins, but I wouldn't say they have done as well in the NCAA tournament as HCGM. I think ADES should also consider putting a $1M annuity like they did for Stephenson, to perhaps
      entice him to stay longer.

I just can't see him jumping to Alabama. Anyway you slice it, football will always been King. HCGM has never had to compete with football for both Winthrop and WSU. I can't see him trying now. I hope I'm wrong....

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        Are you thinking of Palm?

Parrish wrote the excellent article on CBS about Gregg a few weeks back.
        You're right! Of course...My apologies.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyshock View Post
          I was examining the same NCAA Coaches Salary List, and as we all know, he's in the Top 25. Perhaps Gregg is waiting to see what ADES is going to do to give him a bump in salary. It would be wise if they increased his salary to $2.5 or $2.8M. and then with Bonus Incentives it would total close to $3M. This way, we have him closer to the market price and in the Top 10 of the highest paid.

You look at Steve Alford ($2.6M), and Buzz Williams ($2.8M). Both have had strung some good wins, but I wouldn't say they have done as well in the NCAA tournament as HCGM. I think ADES should also consider putting a $1M annuity like they did for Stephenson, to perhaps

I just can't see him jumping to Alabama. Anyway you slice it, football will always been King. HCGM has never had to compete with football for both Winthrop and WSU. I can't see him trying now. I hope I'm wrong....
          Why do you hope you are wrong?
          “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
          -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
            I hope he doesn't go to Alabama and think he can compete with football. That's what I was trying to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
              Low post count ... actively rooting for Marshall to leave ... BAN HIM!! :P

Kidding. Dude flubbed his phrasing in the heat of posting. I've done it a million times.

Comment

I hope he doesn't go to Alabama and think he can compete with football. That's what I was trying to say.
                Sorry flyshock, I know what you were trying to say, but for some reason I couldn't help myself.
                “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Thanks kochhead......I just hope this gets resolved soon. Talk about a brain drain.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                    Low post count ... actively rooting for Marshall to leave ... BAN HIM!! :P

Kidding. Dude flubbed his phrasing in the heat of posting. I've done it a million times.
                    Freakin' Alabama fans that joined in 2005 and waited, waited, and waited for this opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                      Freakin' Alabama fans that joined in 2005 and waited, waited, and waited for this opportunity.
                      We are a lurker-friendly community. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by KraRam View Post
                        If Gregg comes back we need to show some major appreciation!
                        Comes Back ??/ Didn't know he ever left ??
                        From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

• Originally posted by Carolina_Shock View Post
                          Gary Parrish on 610 AM: from what I've heard from people close to the situation, Gregg wasn't blown away by Alabama yesterday. My best guess is he is back at Wichita next season. He's not a priority at Texas because their AD is a weirdo.

Good! He's our weirdo!
                          And this is what I was hoping to see today. Parrish is well-connected and a good reporter. He's not going off half-cocked on this.

Also saw that Texas apparently cooled on Marshall because he's seen as being too outspoken and rubbing people the wrong way. That doesn't have the reporter integrity of anything coming from Parrish, but it doesn't surprise me. Always been something that I thought would hurt Marshall at many of the elite jobs I could see him leaving WSU for. Alabama, though, is one school that absolutely wouldn't care.

Kentucky's another, and one that I could see targeting Marshall fully. IMO, Marshall's at WSU until Kentucky comes open, if Kentucky wants him. If Kentucky doesn't come open, or doesn't make him their #1 priority, he retires at WSU.

Hopefully Shaka Smart blows off Texas to keep him up for the same jobs Marshall would be.
                          Originally posted by BleacherReport
                          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                            Slightly more realistic, but still good: Gregg announces he'll stay. He brings in 2-3 years of strong recruiting classes and keeps WSU in the national spotlight with a couple more runs in March. Boeheim retires in 3 years, as he's on record saying he'll do, (is this around the time his daughter graduates? I'm clueless on this) and he takes the job at Syracuse to secure his name as one of the best college coaches in recent history while most of Wichita becomes a small Syracuse fan on the side.
                            I'm an SU alum and even I don't like that scenario. #stayatWSUGregg

Comment

I think Gregg's base will be in the neighborhood of 2.2M.

Comment

• My dream scenario would be he stay here until he was 57 and then turn the reigns over to FVV who will be the youngest D-1 coach in history after spending a short time in the pros and as an assistant. 3G will then go back to Winthrop and spend the last three years of his career at another place he was loved close to his dream retirement home on a South Carolina beach.

Comment

Working...
                                X