The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
    lets just say its wsu at $3.25 mil a year with a known commodity, known fan's, known recruiting class, happy family, safe place
    VS an unknown commodity offering $4 mil with average at best facilities, 2nd rate athletics support compared to football, no known recruits, family has no idea on it.

I think I know what I am doing if I am coach marshall.
    Money isn't everything and if we are to believe him then we shall find out soon enough how he does next year here at WSU.

His kids are set for life between the salary he makes, money the university sets aside for his kids school every year, etc etc.

"you don't mess with happy". Coach remember your own words and your own predecessor's motto.

Alabama basketball will not be anywhere near what WSU has been the last 5 or so years success wise, fan support wise.

Do you see many schools with fans showing up when the team returns to welcome them home EVEN WHEN THEY LOSE??
    What's surprising is he does not want to continue coaching for a long time, yet the time it takes for him to rebuild the program at Alabama may exhaust the time he has left. In the mean time he could have continued the success here and had no worries...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
      Originally posted by Sporting News
      In response, the Shockers are working on an offer in the neighborhood of $4 million per year in order to keep him in Wichita, according to ESPN.
      Originally posted by ESPN
      Marshall met with Alabama officials earlier in the week in Wichita. A source told ESPN's Jeff ******* that the school was making an offer in the neighborhood of $4 million per year.
      Sporting News just doesn't know how to read.

Comment

• I like this confidence coming from Kai

Comment

• Originally posted by swish1 View Post
          how could anyone believe someone who doesnt know the difference between excepting and accepting?
          My first promotion at work I accepted via e-mail with the statement, "after much hard thought deliberation, I would like to except the offer." What an idiot!
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
            If the Marshall trip to Bama report from Forde is all conjecture or a leak from a Bama source that is wrong, there are going to be some things in this thread you all will possibly regretted saying. What if the decision was to wait till the morning so they could get a complete news cycle rather than rushing a late one tonight? There could be all kinds of reason, maybe a hold up with the legal council or the agent. I think that people need to not read so much into news articles from national writers until the morning when more can come out, because right now I'll be shocked if anything new comes out, it's after 9 pm. Come back tomorrow and start the rage party, but tonight is foolish imo.
            Yep. I am going back to the Lusitania book.

Comment

• Kai, hear anything more from The Coach?
              "Say it slowly and savor it..."
              Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

If the Marshall trip to Bama report from Forde is all conjecture or a leak from a Bama source that is wrong, there are going to be some things in this thread you all will possibly regretted saying. What if the decision was to wait till the morning so they could get a complete news cycle rather than rushing a late one tonight? There could be all kinds of reason, maybe a hold up with the legal council or the agent. I think that people need to not read so much into news articles from national writers until the morning when more can come out, because right now I'll be shocked if anything new comes out, it's after 9 pm. Come back tomorrow and start the rage party, but tonight is foolish imo.
                Yep. I am going back to the Lusitania book.

Comment

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Natural progression of feelings.

Freak out and jump to conclusions, then think about it logically and form different scenarios.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Wow. I was reading through these comments and with the wrist slashing going on, I thought that he had announced that he was leaving. So much of what you read is from unknown and unconfirmed sources that I wouldn't believe anything until Paul comes out with information that is confirmable.

Comment

• I love Marshall and I hope he stays but last time we put a coach on a pedestal he got complacent and slowly wrecked the program he so proudly built (Not to mention his personnel life.) No, I am not saying he will do that but this can't be an annual thing with him. If he wants a blue blood job Kentucky is clearly the position his ego fits. Again, ego is not a bad thing in this case because we are talking basketball ego. The kind where a program like ours has always been 100% convinced we were not a mid major and believed we were and are better than our Valley brethren. Call it Shocker Ego if you will but it is why coach and wichita state have been such a great match.

With that said, if he leaves it won't be an instant disaster as we likely will have our best team EVER next year. Surely we could find a coach who has been to the final four and would jump at the chance to circle the wagons and lead us moving forward.

Ps, #staygregg

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          I like this confidence coming from Kai
                          Yeah, he was pretty confident about what that coach guy said.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            Wow. I was reading through these comments and with the wrist slashing going on, I thought that he had announced that he was leaving. So much of what you read is from unknown and unconfirmed sources that I wouldn't believe anything until Paul comes out with information that is confirmable.
                            Paul is definitely the man I trust to break this story when it is official. If not Paul, and it be a national guy it'll come from someone like Katz or if the worst comes of it maybe Finebaum for bama.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                              100% correct. Gregg Marshall owes me nothing. I enthusiastically support the coach at WSU. Right now, that is him. When he becomes the coach somewhere else, that's it. I will support the next guy, but I also owe nothing to the guy that left.
                              Spot on...spot on

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                                I like this confidence coming from Kai
                                Don't read confidence into it, I just want to be a small voice of reason for people ready to jump off the ledge because Pat Forde made a statement with no citation.
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X