No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw 4 million a year being thrown around as WSUs counter..

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
      Sources said other candidates whose interest in the Texas job was gauged by Korn/Ferry included Villanova's Jay Wright, Virginia's Tony Bennett, the Boston Celtics' Brad Stevens and that former Dallas Mavs coach Avery Johnson and former NBA coach John Lucas were also contacted. A source close to the situation said Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall had not been contacted by UT's search firm as of Wednesday morning.

According to a source, Texas AD Steve Patterson felt Marshall was not a good fit "personality wise" at UT.

Texas can not officially "hire" a new coach until the state's 5-day posting rule expires. According to UT's web site, the basketball coaching job wasn't posted until Tuesday. How that affects any kind of announcement of a new coach wasn't immediately clear.

http://texas.scout.com/story/1533588...on-smart?s=110
      Just wondering if Patterson has ever had a face-to-face conversation with Gregg?
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• This should make Lynn happy with the enhanced package and all
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
          This should make Lynn happy with the enhanced package and all

EPIC post.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
            Really not a whole lot anyone's gonna be able to do to "enhance his package" at this point.

I REALLY hope "enhanced package" takes off as a media headline.
            Beat me to it.

Evidently Marshall can already pi$$ higher than Bill Battle, so I doubt his package needs much enhancing.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
              This should make Lynn happy with the enhanced package and all
              I just got a spam e-mail today advertising how to make this happen. This is doable for WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                If people mention 'enhanced packages' much more on this thread we could probably get a new sponsor for the site.
                I used to promote a product that actually 'enhanced packages.'

Man, was I popular. It's how my father in law finally accepted me in the 'inner circle.'

Comment

• Tidefan:

Marshall is in a great position at WSU, and he will probably stay at WSU to avoid possibly damaging his perception of being a top 5 coach in order to get one of those 1%er jobs.

I haven't seen that much spin since the original Exorcist.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Tidefan:

Marshall is in a great position at WSU, and he will probably stay at WSU to avoid possibly damaging his perception of being a top 5 coach in order to get one of those 1%er jobs.

Well, I guess it is a good thing then that the UA MBB job is something like a 75%er job, using the same methodology.

Comment

Coming to a P-5 fan message board near you:

Comment

Tidefan:

I'd say he said it all right there. "Coming to Alabama means he will tarnish his name and he doesn't want to do that." :)

They already successfully ruined Anthony Grant's record. What do you think he would look like today if he had stayed at VCU? I'm just glad Tidefan is aware that bringing a top 5 coach to Alabama will do nothing more than ruin his career and stature.

Comment

• I also saw a Bama post indicating that they really don't like his personality, it turns out.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Coming to a P-5 fan message board near you:

I bet those brothers have enhanced packages

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                              I also saw a Bama post indicating that they really don't like his personality, it turns out.
                              Classic. It's called backpedaling and saving face... We saw this phenomenon earlier this year around the time we played KU.

Comment

• Not sure we get to the end of the week before #enhancedpackage is trending on Twitter
                                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                                X