No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @RobDauster: Interesting note in @YahooForde's column on Texas: Marshall has basically told Alabama don't bother: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/what-ri...dVWzgA1OwnnIlQ

If Marshall isn’t the guy at Texas, Smart might be. Smart has been choosy, too, staying six seasons at the school he improbably took to the 2011 Final Four. He’s won at least 26 games every season and it’s very easy to conceive of Smart eventually cutting down Final Four nets in the right circumstance.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      This just in:
      Marshall to Texas...

Roadhouse... for dinner
      STOP IT !!!!!!!
      For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
      - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        @RobDauster: Interesting note in @YahooForde's column on Texas: Marshall has basically told Alabama don't bother: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/what-ri...dVWzgA1OwnnIlQ
        Also says he's interested in Texas..
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          Also says he's interested in Texas..
          I believe he is interested. However, him telling Alabama "dont bother" is good, if true. I think Alabama was more desperate to give him anything and everything. Texas may not give him a long contract like he wants...etc. We will see
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I don't even believe that Marshall would tell Alabama not to waste their time. He said it himself he would listen to offers. I think he will and I think no offer will be good enough. For someone to say he blew off Alabama right after he, himself said he would not do that makes me question anything else that got said.

Comment

I don't even believe that Marshall would tell Alabama not to waste their time. He said it himself he would listen to offers. I think he will and I think no offer will be good enough. For someone to say he blew off Alabama right after he, himself said he would not do that makes me question anything else that got said.
              If he did blow off Bama then he is deciding between WSU and Texas (or has already decided).
              Livin the dream

Comment

I don't even believe that Marshall would tell Alabama not to waste their time. He said it himself he would listen to offers. I think he will and I think no offer will be good enough. For someone to say he blew off Alabama right after he, himself said he would not do that makes me question anything else that got said.
                Possible explanation: he's pissed they leaked the job a week ago and it affected his team. That combined with knowledge of Texas' imminent offer could provoke that response, a la UCLA.

Comment

@RobDauster: Interesting note in @YahooForde's column on Texas: Marshall has basically told Alabama don't bother: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/what-ri...dVWzgA1OwnnIlQ

If Marshall isn’t the guy at Texas, Smart might be. Smart has been choosy, too, staying six seasons at the school he improbably took to the 2011 Final Four. He’s won at least 26 games every season and it’s very easy to conceive of Smart eventually cutting down Final Four nets in the right circumstance.

@JasonKingBR: Definitely expecting Rick Barnes to be in the mix at Tennessee ... if, of course, he's inrerested.

Comment

• I'll go out on a limb. We know this: Marshall has a lot of respect for his former head coach who taught him many things he still uses on a daily basis. He's done the same, in a sense, mentoring for Fred, Ron, Evan, and others. He might want to leave for Texas, what coach wouldn't envy an opportunity to coach Kevin Durant or LaMarcus Aldridge talents. But I feel like Gregg associates a part of his rise to Fred, Cle and Ron, and he's not going to bail on that with the safety net he created by being a March Madness killer here at WSU. Texas is certainly plausible, but I bet Marshall stays. Maybe in 3 years we worry about Syracuse, but not Texas right now.

Comment

• @ChuckCarltonDMN: Five realistic candidates to replace Rick Barnes at Texas with lot of people looking at Gregg Marshall | @dallasnews http://share.d-news.co/EKgIpFD

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                        My allegiances are to WSU. I will support the coach of WSU. This minute, that is Gregg Marshall. I support him. At such time he is no longer the coach at WSU, then I no longer care of his successes or failures. There are many top-flight coaches that I am totally indifferent to. It is about WSU for me. Period. There will be no name calling or hatred from me, just apathy.
                        Lol ok...wow
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• The Texas Longhorns top two candidates to replace Rick Barnes are Gregg Marshall and Shaka Smart who are reportedly interested in the job

Says Texas pusuing both Marshall.

Comment

These articles are just regurgitating the same info. It will keep going, nothing new

Comment

• @BruceHaertl: Some big coaching dominos starting to fall-UT moved quickly knowing that Bama had 'crazy' aspirations-want new guy by wks end #RedAlert

Comment

@BruceHaertl: Some big coaching dominos starting to fall-UT moved quickly knowing that Bama had 'crazy' aspirations-want new guy by wks end #RedAlert
                                The faster the better, for ALL parties

Comment

Working...
                                X