The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seskridge
    Lol at bama's forum. They are mad at the pictures taken during Christmas break. Uhh....not an excuse. Ours is filled at all times with the exception of maybe 200 students on break. That's still 10,000 and we did that even in blizzard conditions at least once a year. Oh bama give it up
    They can't even wrap their mind around the fact that some people might care about basketball in December. This is exactly why Bama is a crappy job.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
      And that's not even the best.

https://youtu.be/KJDwkmZhAJ0
      Announcer had to remind me of VCU winning on a bailout call with less than a sec to go that probably kept WSU out of the tourny...

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
        We are talking a lot of **** right now, but if HCGM announces he is going to Alabama tomorrow, we will be eating it.
        If he goes to Alabama tomorrow, to me, that means he would've gone to DePaul if they had offered a big enough check. Everyone has a price and I understand that, but it doesn't make Bama some great job.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
          And that's not even the best.

https://youtu.be/KJDwkmZhAJ0
          I could spend hours and hours and hours going down a Shocker highlights rabbit hole on the YouTubes
          That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            I see WSU at #7 on this list. Can someone help me find Bama?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ege-basketball
            The Assman

Comment

We are talking a lot of **** right now, but if HCGM announces he is going to Alabama tomorrow, we will be eating it.
              Bullshit!

We will hire another coach, support him, and we will continue being winners.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Lol at bama's forum. They are mad at the pictures taken during Christmas break. Uhh....not an excuse. Ours is filled at all times with the exception of maybe 200 students on break. That's still 10,000 and we did that even in blizzard conditions at least once a year. Oh bama give it up
                Theplaymaker

"Wichita St fans are not holding back about our fan base. I guess posting pics of games when winter break is happening can make you feel better?"

It does make me feel better, about what...i do not know. BTW, I think your fan base is fine. You are a football school and your fans eat, sleep, and breath it. We do the same but with basketball. We are just killing time player, don't take offence.
                “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  Below are photos from the Alabama versus WSU matchup on 12/17/2013. At #11 at time of play, we were the second highest ranked team to visit their morgue... err... sorry, "Coleman Coliseum" during the 2013-2014 season. The season immediately preceding, Alabama had finished second in the SEC.

The 'official' attendance at the game below? Try not to laugh, but 9918, or a claimed 2/3rds full. Yeah... uh, huh.

While their paid attendance is roughly equivalent to ours, their actual butts-in-seats is a long, longs ways from that number. According to information posted by @Art Bunch: earlier today in this very thread (post #1488), Alabama has never come CLOSE to averaging full capacity in Coleman Coliseum. Their highest season average was in 1991, and they were still nearly 3,000 short. In the best MBB season in their history - an E8 in 2004 - they were roughly 6,000 seats short of capacity on average. The very next season after the E8 - 3,500 short.

Any Bama fan who is arguing that a winning product will produce butts-in-seats is either willfully ignorant, or just stupid.
                  We actually attended the WSU at Alabama game. What was great for us is that the fan attendance is so poor that at the first time out, you can move to any open seat in the stadium. We went from being in the corner 2/3 of the way up to litterly 3 rows behind the WSU bench off of the floor. My then 3 year old was able to high five all of our players as the went into the locker at half time and end of the game. Not bad for his first game!

Comment

Will someone please post stats about our attendance in the dreaded 90s? were they as bad as bamas ? Also, during Marshall's first two years where our record sucked weren't we sold out the entire time?
                    We got below 6k in the 90s. We haven't had below 10k for a regular season game since December 2004.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      Bullshit!

We will hire another coach, support him, and we will continue being winners.
                      Relax. We won't "eat it" forever, just until we make another big hire. And by "eat it" i mean crow. I don't think we will fall into the abyss or anything.
                      “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                      -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• With my last post I noticed that I've been contributing here since 2006, but I'm only listed as a junior. I guess my Shockernet status is an allegory of my actual collegiate experience. Though, I can only blame myself...I did major in karate for half a semester.
                        That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

• Originally posted by rZ View Post
                          With my last post I noticed that I've been contributing here since 2006, but I'm only listed as a junior. I guess my Shockernet status is an allegory of my actual collegiate experience. Though, I can only blame myself...I did major in karate for half a semester.
                          Jackie Carmichael majored in it for one kick.

Comment

Relax. We won't "eat it" forever, just until we make another big hire. And by "eat it" i mean crow. I don't think we will fall into the abyss or anything.
                            Oh. I know. They will be here blabbin.

But they'll know damn good and well that all they are is Francis Buxton!

Wait. That makes us Pee Wee...
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Will someone please post stats about our attendance in the dreaded 90s? were they as bad as bamas ? Also, during Marshall's first two years where our record sucked weren't we sold out the entire time?
                              Behold the carnage:

89-90: 7,880
                              90-91: 8,011
                              91-92: 6,755
                              92-93: 7,856
                              93-94: 5,982
                              94-95: 7,010
                              95-96: 5,528
                              96-97: 9,449
                              97-98: 7,691
                              98-99: 7,858

The above is remarkably good when you consider the product we were paying to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                                Behold the carnage:

89-90: 7,880
                                90-91: 8,011
                                91-92: 6,755
                                92-93: 7,856
                                93-94: 5,982
                                94-95: 7,010
                                95-96: 5,528
                                96-97: 9,449
                                97-98: 7,691
                                98-99: 7,858

The above is remarkably good when you consider the product we were paying to watch.
                                There is no way to put lipstick on that pig.
                                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
                                X