The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    There would be word that he officially turned it down. Just my opinion. Having this over his head cannot help anything. Things are still up in the air, he would take his name out of the running, or leak something that says they are working on an extension. There are about 20 ways that he could strongly hint that he is staying, get people off his back, and continue his current job of coaching WSU.

Not saying he is leaving, but at the very least it is up in the air.
    They would announce a pay raise not an extension, he is already on a 7 year rolling contract. WSU should jack his buyout from 500k to 3M, if T Ford has a 9M buy out Marshal should have one of 27M.:D I thought if he had not not announced by 3-5pm yesterday he would not go to Bama. However I don't think UT is yet off the table. Media reports are not always fact and so much misinformation can be put out there by all parties involved. As I said earlier I won't feel comfortable until June when the NBA is done with their coaching changes, if Cal heads to the NBA that will cause another domino effect. Hold on, it's not over........

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
      They would announce a pay raise not an extension, he is already on a 7 year rolling contract. WSU should jack his buyout from 500k to 3M, if T Ford has a 9M buy out Marshal should have one of 27M.:D I thought if he had not not announced by 3-5pm yesterday he would not go to Bama. However I don't think UT is yet off the table. Media reports are not always fact and so much misinformation can be put out there by all parties involved. As I said earlier I won't feel comfortable until June when the NBA is done with their coaching changes, if Cal heads to the NBA that will cause another domino effect. Hold on, it's not over........

I agree about Ford. He is terrible. But I believe this hanging over his head probably inhibits him to do his job. Aside from that, there is no reason for Alabama to lead on their fans.. that is just silly. And will only make it worse. Had he said no, I think we would know.

Comment

• Out of respect to the University of Alabama, there will be no announcement that Marshall declined. That would make 'Bama look really bad. My guess, you will simply hear of the next guy in line being interviewed, which appears to be little Pitino. Those that need to know of the situation, know. IF there is anything to know at this point. As for Gregg becoming bigger than the program.... it is only because all of us on here are making it so. The local media (the credible ones anyway) have done a fantastic job of not blowing things out of proportion, imo. We get Bob Lutz's opinion, we get Bruce discussing it in a rather professional manner on Sports Daily, and we get pretty straight forward information from Sullentrop. Its Shockernet that is blowing this out of proportion, demanding and answer NOW. Its been 3 whole days....not a big deal. Until further notice, Gregg Marshall is the HC at Wichita State University. Nothing more, nothing less.
        -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Did I read somewhere Little Richard was in Alabama today?

Comment

• Bama Fan here, don't flame me. Just giving yall some info our guys are saying. Thought it would be a little helpful
            - lots of "insiders" on the Bamaonline say Marshall and Battle agreed in principle ( as in money, control etc.)
            - Family is the hold up Battle gavee him 48 hours to reply
            - Should know something today I'm guessing around lunch our staff on BOL will be confident or not confident that will be the telling point
            - The pitino stuff was a long time ago, battle sent out stuff to a lot of coaches. Shaka, Miller, Prohm, little Ricky etc. Marshall has been his number one guy ( Just like Saban was for the late Mal Moore)
            - The BOL staff and Insiders still seem pretty confident
            - Couple of other things, One he wouldn't have to share a plane. Alabama has about 3 or 4 for the university. Two he may get a new arena or a huge renovation with the next 2-3 years. Three Alabama football will always be king, but basketball is important to a lot of people, especially with auburn getting pearl. I'm like yall I wish this will just get over with so both sides can move on.

Comment

• I really doubt he's said no already, as I said before.

But why is it dragging on? That is the real question for the "confident Bama insiders"?

And why do all the CBB "insiders" seem to say different things.. like Parrish, King, ect?

No one knows anything.

Go Shox.

Comment

• He announced he would consider the job. Obviously, he needs to announce his decision.

Comment

• At this point he is not taking Alabama, he is waiting for Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
                    Out of respect to the University of Alabama, there will be no announcement that Marshall declined. That would make 'Bama look really bad. My guess, you will simply hear of the next guy in line being interviewed, which appears to be little Pitino. Those that need to know of the situation, know. IF there is anything to know at this point. As for Gregg becoming bigger than the program.... it is only because all of us on here are making it so. The local media (the credible ones anyway) have done a fantastic job of not blowing things out of proportion, imo. We get Bob Lutz's opinion, we get Bruce discussing it in a rather professional manner on Sports Daily, and we get pretty straight forward information from Sullentrop. Its Shockernet that is blowing this out of proportion, demanding and answer NOW. Its been 3 whole days....not a big deal. Until further notice, Gregg Marshall is the HC at Wichita State University. Nothing more, nothing less.
                    I agree, he hasn't become "bigger than the program". If he decides to leave .. WSU instantly becomes the hottest opportunity in the country. Think about it, you have a chance to secure a Top 10/National Championship caliber team YOUR FIRST YEAR. You have an administration that is a coaches dream. You have fan support and booster support. You have all the check boxes for success immediately. Most of the time when someone is taking over a job at a school of WSU's level, its because the coach was fired and the program is in bad shape. That is not how it is here. So no I don't think hes become bigger than the program even though a lot of people make it out to be that way.

Comment

• At this point, it appears (from my lookie-looks around the interwebs) the only people who still feel like 3G to Bama is more likely than not are the staff of a single Alabama subscription site. Like... that's it. The national media doesn't see it; our local media doesn't see it; and at least the Bama sites I've been visiting don't see it.

Originally posted by Guest15 View Post
                      If Marshall's family doesn't want to go, then it is not happening. Period. It isn't a 'hold up', it is an end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guest15 View Post
                        Bama Fan here, don't flame me. Just giving yall some info our guys are saying. Thought it would be a little helpful
                        - lots of "insiders" on the Bamaonline say Marshall and Battle agreed in principle ( as in money, control etc.)
                        - Should know something today I'm guessing around lunch our staff on BOL will be confident or not confident that will be the telling point
                        - The pitino stuff was a long time ago, battle sent out stuff to a lot of coaches. Shaka, Miller, Prohm, little Ricky etc. Marshall has been his number one guy ( Just like Saban was for the late Mal Moore)
                        - The BOL staff and Insiders still seem pretty confident
                        - Couple of other things, One he wouldn't have to share a plane. Alabama has about 3 or 4 for the university. Two he may get a new arena or a huge renovation with the next 2-3 years. Three Alabama football will always be king, but basketball is important to a lot of people, especially with auburn getting pearl. I'm like yall I wish this will just get over with so both sides can move on.
                        I'm having a lot of "insiders" tell me that Battle actually came to Wichita to move the entire football program to Wichita State since it was such a drag on basketball.

The Internet is fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          Slightly off topic, but what happened in '97 to create that big spike and then subsequent drop off? Was there a season ticket promotion? That was before my time in Wichita....

Comment

• Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                            Slightly off topic, but what happened in '97 to create that big spike and then subsequent drop off? Was there a season ticket promotion? That was before my time in Wichita....
                            How is it that HCGM for the most part until this year below the MT years

Comment

• Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
                              Out of respect to the University of Alabama, there will be no announcement that Marshall declined. That would make 'Bama look really bad. My guess, you will simply hear of the next guy in line being interviewed, which appears to be little Pitino. Those that need to know of the situation, know. IF there is anything to know at this point. As for Gregg becoming bigger than the program.... it is only because all of us on here are making it so. The local media (the credible ones anyway) have done a fantastic job of not blowing things out of proportion, imo. We get Bob Lutz's opinion, we get Bruce discussing it in a rather professional manner on Sports Daily, and we get pretty straight forward information from Sullentrop. Its Shockernet that is blowing this out of proportion, demanding and answer NOW. Its been 3 whole days....not a big deal. Until further notice, Gregg Marshall is the HC at Wichita State University. Nothing more, nothing less.
                              This post needs to be quoted in every page of this topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                                Randy Smithson was hired prior to the 1996-1997 season. Tons of people had high hopes he'd be the guy to right the ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X