No announcement yet.

Saint Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are 4 of us headed out on Thursday morning in the Black Honda Odessey so wave to us on the way. We are the "Sisterhood of the Traveling Shocker Fans". This is my fourth year and we plan on supporting these kids no matter what. They have been great entertainment. We're staying at the Westin(which I swore I wouldn't ever do again and yet here we are) See ya'll there. GO SHOCKS!!!

Comment

Anyone know where the team is staying?

Comment

Originally posted by WuSlamaJama
        There are 4 of us headed out on Thursday morning in the Black Honda Odessey so wave to us on the way. We are the "Sisterhood of the Traveling Shocker Fans". This is my fourth year and we plan on supporting these kids no matter what. They have been great entertainment. We're staying at the Westin(which I swore I wouldn't ever do again and yet here we are) See ya'll there. GO SHOCKS!!!

What is wrong with the Westin?

Comment

What's wrong with the Westin?

$10 gin and tonics for one.

Comment

I stay at the Westin and have never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 7hottamales
              Along with the $10 drinks the rooms run you around $200 a night. It's a nice hotel, but come on, I only spend about six-seven hours a day in my room and as long as the bed is comfortable I really don't care where I stay.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771
                Along with the $10 drinks the rooms run you around $200 a night. It's a nice hotel, but come on, I only spend about six-seven hours a day in my room and as long as the bed is comfortable I really don't care where I stay.
                That's what you pay for nice rooms today. It really comes down to personal preference. If im going to be staying somewhere a night I can stay just about anywhere. If im staying somewhere for 4 or 5 nights I get pretty picky.

Comment

Last year the weather was bad and we wanted to leave early on Saturday instead of waiting until Sunday and they charged us for Saturday night anyway even though we didn't stay. They said it was with the deal that they struck with WSU that they are guaranteed two nights stay. Well we had stayed Thursday & Friday nights. (which last time I checked was a 2-night stay) but they said that their agreement with WSU booking was to stay Friday & Saturday nights. What a rip!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WuSlamaJama
                    Last year the weather was bad and we wanted to leave early on Saturday instead of waiting until Sunday and they charged us for Saturday night anyway even though we didn't stay. They said it was with the deal that they struck with WSU that they are guaranteed two nights stay. Well we had stayed Thursday & Friday nights. (which last time I checked was a 2-night stay) but they said that their agreement with WSU booking was to stay Friday & Saturday nights. What a rip!!!
                    I don't think it is just a deal with WSU, that's their policy. If you go online right now and try to book this weekend, it says you will be charged for all 3 nights and can't back out. Most hotels will let you out of your reservation if you give notice even the day of...Looks like the Westin isn't that way, they probably require a week or two notice.

Comment

$10! That's cheap compared to the $15 - $20 drinks at Morton's Steakhouse in DC for the NCAA tourney... The Shox lost the game and I spent all my money... :(

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                        $10! That's cheap compared to the $15 - $20 drinks at Morton's Steakhouse in DC for the NCAA tourney... The Shox lost the game and I spent all my money... :(
                        I didn't make you spend $100 on a 4-lb lobster Marty. Ok, I might have had a little to do with it.... :lol:

Comment

Rooms

The only thing available for the $69 rate are smoking rooms. However, I switched to the $99 per Zoo promo and saved $10 per night plus getting free breakfast.

Comment

Im glad all the shocker fans realize the importance of a good breakfast. I just hope you folks don't fill up on danishes and picked over fruit.

Comment

MadDog and a couple of buddies are in. We're packing golf clubs just in case things don't go real well with the Shocks....

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog
                                MadDog and a couple of buddies are in. We're packing golf clubs just in case things don't go real well with the Shocks....
                                I appreciate your enthusiasm, but attacking a team that is beating the Shocks with golf clubs seems a bit overboard (although if you got Nate Funk to participate, you might get away with it). ;-)
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X