No announcement yet.

Saint Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure and attend the pre-game pep rallies...

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm going leaving tomorrow morning. I have gone every other year since Randy Smithson's first year.

Comment

I will be leading my group of music geeks to the Saav..Ameri..uh...Scottrade Center (It'll probably be owned by Starbucks by the time we get there) Leaving bright and early Thursday morning. We're gonna kick band a$$ when we get there! See you guys at Union Station.

Comment

My daughter and I are going for the 6th year in a row. I just took advantage of the $69 a night package deal. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by AG1219
            Going for the 6th straight year. Would never miss it. Group of 8 I think and staying at Millenium.

For those of you at the Millenium or who haven't secured hotel rooms yet, check out this deal for $69 a night and free breakfast. If you already have rooms just call and change to this deal. Save some money so you can buy more $8 beers :shock: at the arena.

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/lodging-hotels/372916
            Travelzoo is the best. I've found so many good deals on that site. I would suggest to sign up for their weekly top 20 list.

Comment

AG - You da man!!! I used that deal to modify our existing reservations. I got the same room, plus the breakfast for 160 dollars less. I am staying with SubGod and when I told him about the rate he uttered his famous words . . . "I'm not worried!" I owe you a beer, look us up!

Comment

AG, thanks for the heads up. Our group cancelled our reservations at the Drury and have moved over to the Millennium. Dizzle and Dingo will be there as well. Wonder how many rooms they have left???

Comment

Last year was great at the Drury, but it sounds like there won't be very many Shocker fans staying there this year.

Comment

I'm a lot happier now that I just saved a bunch of money on my car ins......hotel room. Thanks for the heads up man. And don't forget, mvc champs owes you a beer :D
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I will be with a group of 6. Four from Wichita, 1 from Tulsa and 1 from Topeka.

We were going to stay at the Courtyard Marriot just west of Union Station, however after the tip from a fellow Shocker fan, we are now booked in the Millenium.

Thanks for the tip!!

The hotel has 780 rooms!! That is ginormous. No wonder they have such a good deal.

Question for those who've stayed there before. Is the hotel and the rooms as nice as the pictures on the website?

Comment

ABC, there is a north tower (about 30 floors)and a south tower (about 10 floors). I've stayed in both. The North tower is probably where you are viewing the pictures, it is the newer of the towers. The $69 rate will get you a room in the south tower I believe, while an extra $30 will get north, If I read the deal correctly.

The south tower is probably like your average 3 star hotel room. While the north tower is probably like your average 4 star hotel room.

Since most in my groups this year and in the past are looking to spend more on entertainment than hotel, we opt for the south tower and have never had a complaint.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Help me understand the star rating.

How many stars for the Wichita Marriott?

Broadway Inn?

Comment

Marriott is 2 1/2 or 3 depending on which review you look at.

Comment

I've stayed at the Millenium the last two years. Its about average in terms of quality, especially in the older tower. The layout is pretty screwy, especially if you've been imbibing quite a bit. The biggest drawback is that its clear down by the Arch, so its a pretty decent trek to the ScotTrade. The breakfast buffet is top notch though.

Comment

ABC, I would compare my north tower stay to the Wichita Marriott. I stayed in the north tower 2 years ago for the tourney. Stayed in the south tower last year and would compare my room to a courtyard maybe just a little older rooms.

Maybe I have my star ratings off, but for location, price and convienence I liked it.

Comment

Working...
                                X