World, meet Zach Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    I don't think we are too far apart, I just don't expect Glass or Nurger to contribute next year regardless of whether or not they are on the team. I don't really think we are going to replace them either. I think Wessel/Brown/McDuffie will combine to play ~ 60 minutes between the 3 and the 4. I expect Morris/BWam/Kelly/Hamilton to play ~ 60 minutes between the 4 and the 5.
    That's 9 scholarship players right there, highlighted. Add in FVV, Baker, Shamet, and Taylor and that's 13. That leaves Holland and Henderson as the odd men out. Frankamp will still be a walk-on.

I think if Nurger doesn't physically improve a lot over the summer, he could also be one of the odd men out.

Comment

Need a big game from Zach... heck, Shox need a big game from everyone.

Comment

I think ZB shuts down KO today. Has the size and athleticism to give him troubles.
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
          That's 9 scholarship players right there, highlighted. Add in FVV, Baker, Shamet, and Taylor and that's 13. That leaves Holland and Henderson as the odd men out. Frankamp will still be a walk-on.

I think if Nurger doesn't physically improve a lot over the summer, he could also be one of the odd men out.
          Nurger is a FRESHMAN. If we expect our freshmen to be world beaters from the get go, we will never be good because we will only have a couple 4 year players. We need to have patience with our freshmen. Wait for them to be sophomores before we declare them unfit.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I'm so excited about Zach Brown's development and potential. Here's what I'm wondering...I think the Shox will greatly miss the defense of Cotton, but now I'm wondering whether Zach Brown can be a Cotton-type of defender?

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
              Nurger is a FRESHMAN. If we expect our freshmen to be world beaters from the get go, we will never be good because we will only have a couple 4 year players. We need to have patience with our freshmen. Wait for them to be sophomores before we declare them unfit.
              especially the freshmen bigs. We all know they take longer to develop but the payoff is so much higher.

Comment

The coaches will be patient. However, I don't think they'll wait three-four years for players to develop like we used to.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  The coaches will be patient. However, I don't think they'll wait three-four years for players to develop like we used to.
                  I think that if I was a member of the team and that I wasn't in the top 8, that I would be nervous about my scholarship.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    I think that if I was a member of the team and that I wasn't in the top 8, that I would be nervous about my scholarship.
                    exactly

Comment

I know what you are saying and half of me agrees with you that we have to be patient with him, but the other half of me sees that he is four years older than Markis McDuffie, and we might want to save our patience for him and Eric Hamilton instead.

Comment

Originally posted by bunck View Post
                        I know what you are saying and half of me agrees with you that we have to be patient with him, but the other half of me sees that he is four years older than Markis McDuffie, and we might want to save our patience for him and Eric Hamilton instead.
                        I'm saying give him until next year. He is fully acclimated to the system now, he doesn't have to focus on learning it and he can 100% focus on getting stronger and better, not figuring out what he needs to do. Remember the leaps and bounds that all players make in the second year. Chadrack Lufile comes to mind.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I'm saying give him until next year. He is fully acclimated to the system now, he doesn't have to focus on learning it and he can 100% focus on getting stronger and better, not figuring out what he needs to do. Remember the leaps and bounds that all players make in the second year. Chadrack Lufile comes to mind.
                          With their experience in evaluating talent, the coaches will know if he is progressing the same as Chadrack. It appears to me (from what I've observed on games played and time on the court), that the coaches feel that Bush Wam is further along than Rauno.

Comment

Nurger is a freshman because this is his first year of eligibility, but he's not a freshman in any other way that we think of a freshman as. He's turning 22, which worries me in terms of development. An 18 year old, absolutely, there's tons of room for development, mentally and physically. At 22, though?
                            Originally posted by BleacherReport
                            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Wish he could have knocked down that 3.

It was all but in.
                              The Assman

Comment

He got the second one! and the Atomic Bomb dunk!
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X