No announcement yet.

Lutz, Marshall, Self and Turgeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what you have here is a very giving, generous program. They gave $42mm! Over six years! To nine other programs! Rounded up to $45mm, that means for the last six years, the Jayhawks have given all the other Big 12 schools $834,000 each year to run their athletic departments. That dwarfs whatever figure KU gets from football welfare! Any conference would want them!
    Yes. And this is also why they get VERY favorable calls from the officials in Big-12 play. West Virginia a couple weeks ago anybody???? 11 Championships???

Me thinks the Big-12 rides that horse to the bank.
    ku wins Big-12 every year guaranteeing a #1 or #2 seed in NCAA Tourney. Equals more "games played" by that particular horse which equals more money to be shared for the Big-12. Most likely the same scenario for Kentucky, Duke, Carolina.

I'm not smart enough to figure it all out....but I do believe there is something there and that O.J. was guilty.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Sorry, KU fans but you're not going to get away with the "KU is down this year" cop out. Not after I've had to read all season about how great the Big 12 is and how impressive the streak is. Either the Big 12 is as great as they say and KU won it so they're a national title contender or the Big 12 is overrated and a "down" KU team won a league that is weaker than the perception.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        Yes. And this is also why they get VERY favorable calls from the officials in Big-12 play. West Virginia a couple weeks ago anybody???? 11 Championships???

Me thinks the Big-12 rides that horse to the bank.
        ku wins Big-12 every year guaranteeing a #1 or #2 seed in NCAA Tourney. Equals more "games played" by that particular horse which equals more money to be shared for the Big-12. Most likely the same scenario for Kentucky, Duke, Carolina.

I'm not smart enough to figure it all out....but I do believe there is something there and that O.J. was guilty.
        Yes, they bank it, but make no mistake, the NCAA money, and the Kansas contribution to the financial welfare of the Big 12 is minuscule. Kansas is a taker, not a giver. Each Big 12 school, including Kansas, gets $23,000,000 every year, for the TV package. In turn, Kansas gives each school less than $900,000. Kansas does zero to improve the marketability of Big 12 football. Big 12 football is what is giving Kansas a huge payday.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
          Read "Uncloistered Halls" about WSU history, and you'll start to see that KU tries to shove us down every time we start to rise in prominence...in anything!
          This book should be required reading for every student attending WSU. Not only is it a very interesting account of our storied and often troubled past, but it will confirm how often KU has kicked us when we were down, or just made every effort to keep us down. I was especially fascinated about the story of our first president, Nathan Morrison, begging for funds to keep Fairmount College open, on the streets of New York City in the dead of winter, looking thin and weak, in the words of one witness. There were many times we were at the brink, and barely escaped. Hail Alma Mater, hail thee grand and true! And Go Shocks!

Comment

somebody send lutz the memo- wichita state is about to play indiana in a marquee first round matchup. get on it, bob.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
              somebody send lutz the memo- wichita state is about to play indiana in a marquee first round matchup. get on it, bob.
              Someone send Another Shocker the memo, Lutz had absolutely no involvement with this article.

Comment

Working...
              X