Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
    what was the situation with hannah?
    IIRC, John Wall had what most would consider a pretty major violation and received a 3 game suspension. There was an administrative error on Hannah's paperwork and got the same 3 game suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
      I found myself sick of watching a complete pounding of Bradley by UNI and switched over to ESPN2 to watch a good Kent State vs Akron game. I noticed the Jim Boeheim situation at Syracuse scrolling along the ticker. The NCAA has chosen to suspend Boeheim for up to 9 ACC games and vacate up to 108 (I believe) wins over a 4 or 5 year period when he allowed ineligible players to compete. Boeheim will appeal the punishment and it got me thinking about the likelihood that he succeeds with the appeal, and how that might compare with the situation with Gene Stephenson and our baseball program. If this belongs in the baseball forum, please move. But I am curious as to what my fellow Shockernetters think about the matter. I'll hang up and listen.
      Sooner or later, the NCAA will be on the horns of a dilemma relative to the vacation of wins and fairness/equity.

Penn State v. WSU v. Syracuse.

Turning a blind eye to unspeakable and despicable acts over many years v. the cash value of unapproved apparel discounts over several years v. despicable, massive, scholastic and financial cheating over many years.

I can speak to the cash value of the apparel discounts - chump change.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
        IIRC, John Wall had what most would consider a pretty major violation and received a 3 game suspension. There was an administrative error on Hannah's paperwork and got the same 3 game suspension.
        Wall received extra benefits on a campus visit and was suspended two games. He was allowed to count an exhibition game toward the two games. The athletic office didn't get Hannah's amateur form in on time, and he was suspended for three games. (!!!!) When WSU petitioned to count exhibition games, the NCAA said no. Because of that, we were without him when we played a good Pitt team in a tournament and we lost the game. (At least I will blame the loss on that fact...)

Comment

interesting....

Comment

Will have to listen to Soren Petro on Monday. He is a Syracuse alum..
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

If I am Roy Williams I'm starting to worry.
              And if I am at Syracuse I don't fire Boeheim. Even after getting busted they are still way ahead of the game. You don't get rid of a hall of fame coach because of the NCAA. It will end up costing you way more.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                Didn't we smoke those guys at HIS place against his stoopid zone a few years back??? I think we did!!! Lol
                I remember that win at their Dome well. We came out making shots all over the floor and looked like world beaters. They started whittling away at our lead. Matty B. may have been the one that made a vulnerable cross court pass towards the end of the game that was stolen. However, Matt was grayhound fast and took off like a rocket badgering the tall and lanky Orangeman that was going in for the easy two. Suddenly with Matt's persuasion, our foe did not make up his mind in time whether to dunk or lay it softly in and missed it totally. We grabbed the rock and preserved the win. We laughed all the way to the bank but was never invited back to my knowledge by the Cuse and they for sure never showed their face at 21st and Hillside for a return game. It's times like these as to why many of the bigs ignore opportunities to be brave and play us here or yonder.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  Didn't we smoke those guys at HIS place against his stoopid zone a few years back??? I think we did!!! Lol
                  I remember that win at their Dome well. We came out making shots all over the floor and looked like world beaters. They started whittling away at our lead. Matty B. may have been the one that made a vulnerable cross court pass towards the end of the game that was stolen. However, Matt was grayhound fast and took off like a rocket badgering the tall and lanky Orangeman that was going in for the easy two. Suddenly with Matt's persuasion, our foe did not make up his mind in time whether to dunk or lay it softly in and missed it totally. We grabbed the rock and preserved the win. Orange ya glad? We laughed all the way to the bank but was never invited back to my knowledge by the Cuse and they for sure never showed their face at 21st and Hillside for a return game. It's times like these as to why many of the bigs ignore opportunities to be brave and play us here or yonder.

Comment

Does this mean we got 3rd? http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...gs/_/year/2013

And UNC deserves the death penalty. How can they possibly justify dishing out anything less?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Holy cow! The Zags dropped all the way to 12 that year after we beat them? I don't remember that. Talk about no respect. Dang!

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        I remember that win at their Dome well. We came out making shots all over the floor and looked like world beaters. They started whittling away at our lead. Matty B. may have been the one that made a vulnerable cross court pass towards the end of the game that was stolen. However, Matt was grayhound fast and took off like a rocket badgering the tall and lanky Orangeman that was going in for the easy two. Suddenly with Matt's persuasion, our foe did not make up his mind in time whether to dunk or lay it softly in and missed it totally. We grabbed the rock and preserved the win. Orange ya glad? We laughed all the way to the bank but was never invited back to my knowledge by the Cuse and they for sure never showed their face at 21st and Hillside for a return game. It's times like these as to why many of the bigs ignore opportunities to be brave and play us here or yonder.
                        Was this supposed to be a home and home? I think it was, but cannot remember and could not find anything about it through a quick search. The only thing worse than not being willing to play us at all is cancelling out after we play at their place.
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                          Was this supposed to be a home and home? I think it was, but cannot remember and could not find anything about it through a quick search. The only thing worse than not being willing to play us at all is cancelling out after we play at their place.
                          No, the deal was a game with them once only at their barn. After sending 22,000 fans home disappointed and lining our own Program's pockets, we consider that a win-win and su---weeeet return on investment.

Comment

No, we went to Syracuse for a pay check. If I remember correctly Turgeon wasn't happy about it but also couldn't turn down the $$

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Does this mean we got 3rd? http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...gs/_/year/2013

And UNC deserves the death penalty. How can they possibly justify dishing out anything less?
                              Fully agreed on UNC. If the NCAA had any integrity, UNC's actions deserve the death penalty. Or as close to it as humanly possible.

And the NCAA has no integrity, so they'll probably give them a postseason ban for two years and a loss of two scholarships a year.

I'm actually fine with the punishment to Boeheim here. At first the nine game suspension bothered me, and I would have preferred a multi-year postseason ban (considering their performance this year anyway), but overall it's not as toothless as I expected.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                                Sooner or later, the NCAA will be on the horns of a dilemma relative to the vacation of wins and fairness/equity.

Penn State v. WSU v. Syracuse.

Turning a blind eye to unspeakable and despicable acts over many years v. the cash value of unapproved apparel discounts over several years v. despicable, massive, scholastic and financial cheating over many years.

I can speak to the cash value of the apparel discounts - chump change.
                                Plus I believe the NCAA stated in its report that those involved in the WSU situation did not know they were violating NCAA rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X