Boeheim whacked HARD....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeheim whacked HARD....

...among other things...suspended 9 games, and forced to give up 108 wins....5 years probation...

PLUS...and this is difficult...must play man to man for two years straight...

Not eligible for post season this year. Loss of 3 scholarships for each of next 4 years. I think that is what will hurt most in the long run. I am actually surprised that they even gave him this much. Only the scholarship loss means anything to me. The rest is just feel good crap. I have to admit though, I am not a Boeheim fan.
    Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
      Not eligible for post season this year. Loss of 3 scholarships for each of next 4 years. I think that is what will hurt most in the long run. I am actually surprised that they even gave him this much. Only the scholarship loss means anything to me. The rest is just feel good crap. I have to admit though, I am not a Boeheim fan.
      Ultimate whiner...

Comment

When he doesn't make the dance, Boeheim is the classless schmuck who calls out specific programs he thought his school should have beat out. Guess what? They are never power five.

Karma is *itch!
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Didn't we smoke those guys at HIS place against his stoopid zone a few years back??? I think we did!!! Lol
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

There is one thing that is definitely going to hurt worse: They have to give back all of the revenue sharing money from the Big East and NCAA tournaments for the affected seasons. That must run into the millions.

I was pleasantly surprised at the extent of the punishments. At least Syracuse can say that the athletic department was committing the fraud for the players. This doesn't bode well for UNC, where the entire university was in on the fraud.

Comment

I've seen some tweets of some of the Syracuse alum, and their tears are delicious. "We were by the book the whole time!" Wow, sir! Why didn't you say so during the MULTI-YEAR INVESTIGATION? You could have changed the entire result!!

By the towel of Tarkanian, it looks like justice may actually be done.

Comment

I'm setting the Over/Under on "Marshall to Syracuse" rumors at 8:00 p.m. tonight.

(...and taking the under.)

(And that would be the stupidest rumor ever, since Marshall wouldn't touch that sort of rebuild with a ten-foot pole.)

Comment

Pat Forde on Yahoo is calling for Syracuse to can Boeheim.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                    I'm setting the Over/Under on "Marshall to Syracuse" rumors at 8:00 p.m. tonight.

(...and taking the under.)

(And that would be the stupidest rumor ever, since Marshall wouldn't touch that sort of rebuild with a ten-foot pole.)
                    True but it will happen. Probably some middle schooler pulling a Dofo via Daddy's SN account.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                      There is one thing that is definitely going to hurt worse: They have to give back all of the revenue sharing money from the Big East and NCAA tournaments for the affected seasons. That must run into the millions.

I was pleasantly surprised at the extent of the punishments. At least Syracuse can say that the athletic department was committing the fraud for the players. This doesn't bode well for UNC, where the entire university was in on the fraud.
                      Get ready to watch the relative hand of NCAA justice at work when it comes to UNC. Think John Wall-Clevin Hannah.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                        Didn't we smoke those guys at HIS place against his stoopid zone a few years back??? I think we did!!! Lol
                        If by we you mean WSU coached by Turgeon and by a few years you mean 7.5 then yes.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Boeheim

I found myself sick of watching a complete pounding of Bradley by UNI and switched over to ESPN2 to watch a good Kent State vs Akron game. I noticed the Jim Boeheim situation at Syracuse scrolling along the ticker. The NCAA has chosen to suspend Boeheim for up to 9 ACC games and vacate up to 108 (I believe) wins over a 4 or 5 year period when he allowed ineligible players to compete. Boeheim will appeal the punishment and it got me thinking about the likelihood that he succeeds with the appeal, and how that might compare with the situation with Gene Stephenson and our baseball program. If this belongs in the baseball forum, please move. But I am curious as to what my fellow Shockernetters think about the matter. I'll hang up and listen.
                          Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                            If by we you mean WSU coached by Turgeon and by a few years you mean 7.5 then yes.
                            On our way to a Top-10 ranking early that season too!!!
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by tw805 View Post
                              Get ready to watch the relative hand of NCAA justice at work when it comes to UNC. Think John Wall-Clevin Hannah.
                              what was the situation with hannah?

Comment

Working...
                              X