How Loud Was It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Loud Was It?

Couldn't make the game yesterday but it sounded pretty incredible.

Now I've seen where at least a couple players and reporters have commented on how loud it was.

Was it on par with the Florida State game? I think that's the loudest game I've ever been to.

It was as loud as I've heard it in several years. The crowd was really amped up. I can't honestly say that the crowd was into every play as they were at the Florida St. game but they did a much better job of getting on their feet and cheering throughout the game. It was pretty dang loud.
    "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

I was in the first 10 rows of the student section for FSU. Top 10 rows and a different section of the arena for this game. That makes it hard to compare, but if I had to, I'd say the noise was similar. Both games were incredible. Leaving this one with a win definitely made it a better walk back to the car.

I will give one award to the crowd for this game that I have no doubt it deserves. Never in all the games I've attended have I seen a crowd reaction comparable to what you see watching the And1 Tour. After Cotton's windmill dunk, I'm pretty sure I saw 60 yr old women celebrating harder than the 20-something's that line the courts watching the And1 dunkfests.

Comment

I never saw this many folks get to their feet. Over and over again. Lots of standing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
          I was in the first 10 rows of the student section for FSU. Top 10 rows and a different section of the arena for this game. That makes it hard to compare, but if I had to, I'd say the noise was similar. Both games were incredible. Leaving this one with a win definitely made it a better walk back to the car.

I will give one award to the crowd for this game that I have no doubt it deserves. Never in all the games I've attended have I seen a crowd reaction comparable to what you see watching the And1 Tour. After Cotton's windmill dunk, I'm pretty sure I saw 60 yr old women celebrating harder than the 20-something's that line the courts watching the And1 dunkfests.
          Speaking of And1 reactions, the crowd collectively going "ooooooooo" when Fred crossed up Bohannon was pretty epic.
          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

It was so loud, when Cotton performed his windmill dunk, a local doughnut shop had calls for cleanup on aisle 32 and some glass breakage from the breeze.
            Last edited by forevershockerfan; March 1, 2015, 09:19 AM.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

It was loud enough that it was difficult to hear the game announcers during the first half.

What was funny was the comments on Twitter when time out promotions killed the noise. Here is one from Paul Sullentrop:

Paul Suellentrop @PaulS:uellentrop · 20h 20 hours ago
              That was pretty loud. Musical chairs always does a nice job getting people to quiet down.

There was also a comment from one of the national media members about this on twitter.

But the crowd, and the Shockers, didn't disappoint.
              On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

The weather report followed immediately by the metro appliances contest absolutely killed the second half atmosphere.

You couldn't have a sucked the life out of the place any quicker.

It should be noted that this is when UNI made their second half run. The minor league baseball stuff over the past ten years had progressively grown. I thought games were more fun ten years ago to attend and now I know why. When our promotions can slow down the crowd during a game like yesterday - they must be more effective during a ho-hum game against Drake.

Comment

We probably wouldn't have beat Iowa in 81 if we have a weather report during the last 5 minutes of that game during a timeout.

Seriously

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    It was so loud, when Cotton performed his windmill dunk, a local doughnut shop had calls for cleanup on aisle 32 and some glass breakage from the breeze.
                    Find me a donut shop with 32 eisles FSF and I'm there

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

With the acoustics with the parabolic-type roof, if it sounded equal from the top compared to ner the bottom, I would surmise that this, yhen, was the louder game.

Having been at both in relatively the same seats, I would say the FSU was more consistently loud, but this game atmosphere topped even that FSU game.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

If there was ever a time for a "fake" weather report like "high chance of a shock wave blowing away all panthers in the area" that was it. I mean did anyone not know what the weather was at that time? I was really hoping for something different that would have kept the crowd in it.

As far as noise level I thought it was more steadily loud, especially early in the game, but then again the shox hit a lot of threes that got the crowd up every time. I didn't remember Florida state being that loud until late.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Find me a donut shop with 32 eisles FSF and I'm there
                          We could start our own SN Franchise here in Wichita. 32 aisles in honor of Cotton with wall to wall screens showing oodles of Shocker highlights from years gone by along with cardio equipment for us to work off some of these calories as we pound down the black and yellow sugar and enjoy the moment. We should also every 11 hours play various games like when we smashed Creighton at their barn, each win at the Final Four Dance, and maybe even the Battle of New Orleans win over KU for the young folk who were not born yet. Not sure where all the bread will come from to do this but a man must have dreams.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

The TC dunk was the loudest single point in time I have ever heard CKA. My context goes back to the Turg days, including the FSU game.

Comment

Not sure about anyone else, but my ears are still ringing this morning. TC's dunk aftermath was '1981 Iowa game' loud when Smithson hit the second free throw. I'm not sure the arena can get much louder.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X