Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
    Who cares
    I do! On another thread shocker fans are chastising the dumb a55 (Will Kunkle) for not being media savvy (and for biting the hand that feeds him) and not understanding the social media world we live in. The same goes for the (our) coach, that represents the university.

Coach Marshall made a mistake, not a Bobby Knight mistake, but a mistake none-the-less. The trainer was doing his job. He doesn't need, or deserve, to be cussed out and stared down on national television. Plus, he did this in front of all the players. Yes, the coach is a 51 year old man, he should man up and apologize, either on the radio, or a press release.
    Last edited by Fairgame; February 16, 2015, 10:48 AM.

Comment

How I picture the lot of you that are offended right now.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Fairgame View Post
        I do! On another thread shocker fans are chastising the dumb a55 (Will Kunkle) for not being media savvy (and for biting the hand that feeds him) and not understanding the social media world we live in. The same goes for the (our) coach, that represents the university.

Coach Marshall made a mistake, not a Bobby Knight mistake, but a mistake none-the-less. The trainer was doing his job. He doesn't need, or deserve, to be cussed out and stared down on national television. Plus, he did this in front of all the players. Yes, the coach is a 51 year old man, he should man up and apologize, either on the radio, or a press release.
        I got a good chuckle at it when I saw it live. No public apology is needed. I thought he was directing it to no one in particular, just a spur of the moment reaction to the situation. Now, if he would have ran and grabbed a camera and said it "ala Happy Gilmore", that would change everything..... "You want some more of this? Plenty of more where that came from! YEAH!"
        Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
        Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

This is the dumbest mother ******* thread.

Comment

Again, the ONLY place this is being discussed is on this board. This board owes 1,000 apologies for the unfounded gossip, speculating about which players won't get scholarships, and acting like total jackasses before HCGM needs to apologize for something that only .00000001% of the population even noticed..
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

1) Its pretty obvious that a trainer does not go on the floor until given permission by the coach. Anytime there is a down player on the court the trainer makes himself at attention and waits to be waived on. This happens every time a player is down for an extended period of time. In this case he took it upon himself to decide. In his defense it was a dead ball situation but apparently that doesn't matter.

Next time this happens pay attention to the trainer he will be looking at the coach before he acts.

2) How is this any different than yelling at a player? I'm sorry if you don't like the words used or that its on TV for everyone to see but its the same.

Its an intense environment with more than entertainment value on the line for those involved. From Coach K. all the way down to the bottom of college basketball thats just the way it is.

Someone did mention the supposed over reaction in reference to mopping up the sweat on the floor. How many programs do you see around the country that have kids mop the floor do a worse job than ours? I would say none because they are usually adults and if they are kids they take it seriously. Are you going to wait until someone has a season ending injury to take it seriously??!?!?!? I can't fault him for either situation no matter how it looked.

Remember this is not a desk job. The same rules don't apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                Most of this thread is an overreaction.
                Most of this board is an overreaction.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post

How I picture the lot of you that are offended right now.
                    Who are the "lot of you" that you speak of?

I know I personally made a point to directly say I WASN'T offended. Most posters seem to be saying the same thing. We aren't personally offended, just responding to the question of "what did we think about coach's actions?"
                    Last edited by Jamar Howard 4 President; February 18, 2015, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                      Who are the "a lot of you" that you speak of?

I know I personally made a point to directly say I WASN'T offended. Most posters seem to be saying the same thing. We aren't personally offended, just responding to the question of "what did we think about coach's actions?"
                      You're insufferable.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

My friends I give you this article to read. But please read the comments as well:

It's probably not an accident these two seem to get along pretty well.

If you want wins, players graduating and not getting in trouble, call one of these two to be your coach. Frankly I would take either one of them to coach my kid whether he liked them or not.

Comment

he did this in front of all the players.
                          I'm sure they have been yelled at worse by coach. Cussing just means you are serious.

Comment

Originally posted by wsubball96 View Post
                            1) Its pretty obvious that a trainer does not go on the floor until given permission by the coach. Anytime there is a down player on the court the trainer makes himself at attention and waits to be waived on. This happens every time a player is down for an extended period of time. In this case he took it upon himself to decide. In his defense it was a dead ball situation but apparently that doesn't matter.

Next time this happens pay attention to the trainer he will be looking at the coach before he acts.

2) How is this any different than yelling at a player? I'm sorry if you don't like the words used or that its on TV for everyone to see but its the same.

Its an intense environment with more than entertainment value on the line for those involved. From Coach K. all the way down to the bottom of college basketball thats just the way it is.

Someone did mention the supposed over reaction in reference to mopping up the sweat on the floor. How many programs do you see around the country that have kids mop the floor do a worse job than ours? I would say none because they are usually adults and if they are kids they take it seriously. Are you going to wait until someone has a season ending injury to take it seriously??!?!?!? I can't fault him for either situation no matter how it looked.

Remember this is not a desk job. The same rules don't apply.
                            Thanks for the info.

My initial reaction to HCGMs explosion was that it had to be due to some protocol not being followed. Still maybe an overreaction, but the trainer f'd up.

If there is no protocol and the trainer acts on their own discretion, then I would hope that said protocol is in place now and both are on the same page.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              My friends I give you this article to read. But please read the comments as well:

Krzyzewski himself was an unfiltered Chris Rock concert for much of the day, but one of his assistants was worse. During one timeout, with the starters sitting on the bench, gulping Gatorade, this was his idea of "coaching" them: "You're a bleep, and you're a bleep, and you're a bleeping bleep-bleeper of a bleeper-bleeper. You bleepers don't bleeping deserve to wear the bleeping colors of Duke University! Bleep! Are you bleeping bleeping me? Bleep all of you. Get out of my bleeping faces."
                              At which point, he was replaced by Krzyzewski, whose assessment was far more succinct: "You bleeping make me bleeping sick."

It's probably not an accident these two seem to get along pretty well.

If you want wins, players graduating and not getting in trouble, call one of these two to be your coach. Frankly I would take either one of them to coach my kid whether he liked them or not.
                              Have any of you seen Bleeping Kimnetz give a "pep talk" to a pitcher ? or Marty Bleeping Simmons or Bleeping Frank Martin or Bob Huggy Bleeping Huggins.....

Our coach is an intense Bad Bleep Mother Bleeper - much like the Honey Badger - he don't give a bleep.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                                I'm sure they have been yelled at worse by coach. Cussing just means you are serious.

Lol

I think you call that an understatement.

Comment

Working...
                                X