X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
    Who cares
    THIS !! Mountain meet Mole Hill ....
    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Do you guys think Coach K is a choirboy?

HCGM has repeatedly referred to Todd Fagan as one of if not the best trainer in the country. He has yelled at Chris Jans many a time during games and we all know how he feels about him. That is his mojo, and it's not endearing to some fans. But he doesn't throw kids to the wolves in the media like a lot of coaches and defends people in the program vociferously when challenged. Not unlike many great coaches and leaders- demand performance and perfection all of the time regardless of the past laurels.
      I am a lot more concerned about what a mentor thinks about me than what he says to me and when I am complimented to all about my skill and ability that is good enough for me.
      HCGM will say things and do things that make people cringe. That's what you get with competitors that have a chippy edge about them. Maybe that is why he is a perfect fit here.

He is 51 years old. HE ISNT GOING TO CHANGE. At least until he hits the grandfatherly stage of his career which I hope happens here.
      Last edited by shoxlax; February 16, 2015, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
        THIS !! Mountain meet Mole Hill ....
        Who hasn't dropped "mf'r" when angered? I know I can get loose with the language at inappropriate times.

I just think this stuff is funny, a little odd for someone that makes serious $$$, and the reason WSU may ultimately get to hold on to HCGM for longer than one might expect.

Comment

Wow really? LMAO. I wouldn't want my kid or anything throwing out that language. However, I am not so sensitive like some of you lol. This is NOTHING people. I guarantee the majority of the country didn't think twice about this. I see it during almost every game. From coaches, players...etc. And it won't be a reason we keep Marshall longer. That is ridiculous also.

This thread is embarrassing lol
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Not a big deal on Cox...........a bit bigger deal on National TV.

Comment

I'm not going to judge. I'm sure I dropped at least one more MF bomb than coach did while watching the game. One was during the "All Man Crush Team" announcement and when they showed Wes Washpun.
              ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
              www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Obviously, you would rather not have those moments captured by the camera. It was an emotional response in the heat of the moment. Those things no doubt happen on a regular basis off camera. I felt a little bad for Todd Fagan because I think he was just doing his job although I have no idea what Marshall's protocol is in those situations. I don't think it was a big deal and there is no question about 3G having the highest regard and respect for Todd and the job he does.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Not a big deal on Cox...........a bit bigger deal on National TV.
                  Apparently not. The ONLY place it is being talked about is here...
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

If this kind of language bothers you I urge you not to attend any practices or sit close to the bench. Ever. You will be disappointed.

Not saying I like it.

Comment

I'll tell you what really bothered me at the time and it has nothing to do with his language or even winning, which is important, but just how damn important is it?

As noted, his star player had been injured once and now was injured again, and all he is thinking about is keeping him in?

I am a tremendous fan of Mr. Marshall, but on this occasion I am very disappointed - The trainer gets 5 stars - our coach gets ZERO!

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
                        Aint it the truth! We can find the darndest things to be outraged about.
                        Interesting how people interpret things differently on message boards. I haven't really noticed much, if any, outrage being expressed. I think one person said he thought it was over the top, but didn't necessarily seemed to be outraged about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Interesting how people interpret things differently on message boards. I haven't really noticed much, if any, outrage being expressed. I think one person said he thought it was over the top, but didn't necessarily seemed to be outraged about it.
                          Obssessed (with housekeeping) might have been more accurate..
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                            I'll tell you what really bothered me at the time and it has nothing to do with his language or even winning, which is important, but just how damn important is it?

As noted, his star player had been injured once and now was injured again, and all he is thinking about is keeping him in?

I am a tremendous fan of Mr. Marshall, but on this occasion I am very disappointed - The trainer gets 5 stars - our coach gets ZERO!
                            In fairness to Coach Marshall at the time he dropped his MF bomb it was obvious Fred was okay and had already walked back to the huddle. At that point the official informed 3G he would have to sub for Fred. So I'm not buying that 3G wasn't or isn't concerned about the health of his players based on this incident.

Comment

As an observer, it deserved a slight grimace. I've done worse during my morning commute. Luckily though, I'm not being filmed.
                              I felt the trainer did the correct thing. It's one of the hundreds of details and decisions HCGM must deal with on a game by game basis that could generate a similar reaction, and he generally handles it perfectly.

Comment

All of those that have never dropped an F bomb in a heated situation may cast the next stone.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X