HCGM's MF Bomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCGM's MF Bomb

Does really care about HCGM's dropping of the MFer bomb on the trainer (?) in the Ill St game?

I know there is some mock indignation out there. I know some people feel like they should say something but can't because he is winning. (That is stupid by the way - either be offended / care or don't. Winning isn't an excuse.)

I feel like it is 2015 and no adult should clutch their pearls at any of George Carlin's 7 words. So I just rolled my eyes when I was told about it.

But I'm curious if any of you Quakers were offended.

I noticed it and thought it was completely over the top. Todd Fagan went to the aid of a player who had alread significantly hurt the ankle earlier in the game... can't fault him for caring too much about our franchise player. Fagan was a professional doing his job. He is the same trainer that saved DJ Bowles life. Further, FVV had to.come out but we were going down to the other end to shoot a double bonus. FVV could have subbed right back in. I hope HCGM, whom I do greatly respect and appreciate, apologized to Fagan After the fact.

Comment

I think he was more upset at the fact the ref wouldn't let him use a timeout so FVV could stay in (or let him stay in, because he did use a time out; don't recall which way it went).
      Last edited by Shock Top; February 16, 2015, 02:10 AM.
      The Assman

Comment

I wasn't personally offended. No reason to be so as it wasn't directed at me.

However, I was disappointed. I know Marshall uses that language at times, but it is not a good look coming across clearly on TV.

I do not use that language. I don't want my daughter to grow up using it either.

Marshall is an adult, and he definitely isn't my kid. He gets to make his own choices. I think he has made a lot of really good choices in life. This is just a small area where I wish he would choose differently.

Edit: kudos for the "winning is not an excuse" line in the original post. Very good point!
        Last edited by Jamar Howard 4 President; February 16, 2015, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          I think he was more upset at the fact the ref wouldn't let him use a timeout so FVV could stay in (or let him stay in, because he did use a time out; don't recall which way it went).
          I doubt it was towards the ref. He glared directly at the trainer. The good news was that he didnt get to ball boy crazy!

There should be a HCGM coach angry defcom scale:

1) media asks a dumb question - sarcastic responses

2) JT Durley fumbles the ball during a critical foul shot - make'em cry

3) fagan attends to fred - mf'r glare

4) 1.9 seconds - legendary

5) ball boys fail to do duties as assigned - full nuclear event

I am sure this could be much better, but you get the idea. Embrace the angry!

Comment

When he starts throwing chairs on the floor, then I will concerned. When he starts going Frank Martin on players, I will be concerned.

When I know for a fact that he verbally abused a staff member on national television, I will be concerned.

Housekeeping...
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
              I doubt it was towards the ref. He glared directly at the trainer. The good news was that he didnt get to ball boy crazy!

There should be a HCGM coach angry defcom scale:

1) media asks a dumb question - sarcastic responses

2) JT Durley fumbles the ball during a critical foul shot - make'em cry

3) fagan attends to fred - mf'r glare

4) 1.9 seconds - legendary

5) ball boys fail to do duties as assigned - full nuclear event

I am sure this could be much better, but you get the idea. Embrace the angry!
              I think Marshall is a fantastic coach...to me, he is becoming on the very short list of THE BEST coaches. He has crafted a PROGRAM, not a team He is without peer in these parts.

THAT SAID....there is 'attention to detail' and then there is overreaction. I get the ball boy thing...to a degree...they are worthless. But if I was the trainer, I'd be bent. AND THAT'S HIS STAR ON THE GROUND! I think maybe a LITTLE less intensity there would serve him well.

I FULLY expect this to be a minority opinion....:)

Comment

Who cares
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by seskridge
                  I think it was just a reaction to not being able to have Fred in and it wasn't said to anyone in particular
                  Likewise, I just thought that it was because he had to pull Fred for a possesion and not directed at anyone in particular. I laughed my ass off when he said it though. Is there a gif of it anywhere?

Comment

I guess as a coach you know you are doing well when the criticisms turn from how you are playing your bench & what strategy you choose to the words you use on the sideline that happen to be picked up by a TV mic. Wow.... seems we are searching for reasons to complain lately. I get it though, 23-3 doesn't leave much room for complaint.
                    -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

It was not a good look on national TV. However, it was a reaction in the heat of the moment. What probably matters more is what was done or not done following the game. Was there an apology to Fagan? Did they have an opportunity to calmly discuss it and work out any differences? We probably will not know the answers to these questions, but Marshall strikes me as the type that will do these things. Both overreact in the heat of the battle and work it out in private after the emotion has settled.

Edit: I don't think this is a big deal and it should be just handled between Marshall and Fagan. Nor, am I implying that Marshall owes Fagan an apology. I don't know all of the details, nor do I need to know.
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Most of this thread is an overreaction.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I love it! Coach had edge! It's what makes him...him

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                              Edit: kudos for the "winning is not an excuse" line in the original post. Very good point!
                              This is something that drives me crazy about sports and I think it leads to some really stupid things like good coaches being run out of town when they hit a rough spot. At the very least, being bothered by something and saying nothing because of winning is some more passive aggressive bullshit that I can't stand.

Comment

Working...
                              X